Clean Standard Cars(Semi Premium Cars)

Hmmm.
PS3 owners: 80 million
PS4 owners: 10 million

Entire gaming world?

True, I don't have a 4 yet and I may not get one unless GT7 really picks it up a few notches which is looking more and more unlikely. I may go back to PC, pcars will be on it, all of codies game are available as well.

True, I don't have a 4 yet and I may not get one unless GT7 really picks it up a few notches which is looking more and more unlikely. I may go back to PC, pcars will be on it, all of codies game are available as well.
Put Assetto Corsa on your list...for the sheer joy of driving with their physics engine:cheers:

Put Assetto Corsa on your list...for the sheer joy of driving with their physics engine:cheers:

I need to check out that game, but the difference between playing a game where they want you to feel the actual emotion/joy of racing/driving vs one that's just emotion/joy of collecting cars is just shocking.

I've only played DiRT for a little while now haven't played GRID like that yet, but having damage to me now is an extreme deal breaker. Having environment effects like hitting a puddle of water and it's splashing over your car actually messing up your view. Those have now become deal breakers for me now.

Simply put if GT wants to retain their crown they need to go the extra mile with GT7.
*Dynamic environments (Wind blowing the trees etc)
*Human Elements(GT4 had it)

Those are just two things, but it would give GT7 more going for it.

I need to check out that game, but the difference between playing a game where they want you to feel the actual emotion/joy of racing/driving vs one that's just emotion/joy of collecting cars is just shocking.

I've only played DiRT for a little while now haven't played GRID like that yet, but having damage to me now is an extreme deal breaker. Having environment effects like hitting a puddle of water and it's splashing over your car actually messing up your view. Those have now become deal breakers for me now.

Simply put if GT wants to retain their crown they need to go the extra mile with GT7.
*Dynamic environments (Wind blowing the trees etc)
*Human Elements(GT4 had it)

Those are just two things, but it would give GT7 more going for it.
Environmental effects really up the immersion level and it's hard to describe unless you're in the cockpit and experiencing it. Many driving games/sims do a wonderful job of this and I've always felt GT was lacking in this area. As you now know, once you experience that feeling in another game, it's hard to go backwards:cheers:. Even Grid Autosport with it's simcade physics, seemed a much more immersive racing experience to me than GT6.

Environmental effects really up the immersion level and it's hard to describe unless you're in the cockpit and experiencing it. Many driving games/sims do a wonderful job of this and I've always felt GT was lacking in this area. As you now know, once you experience that feeling in another game, it's hard to go backwards:cheers:. Even Grid Autosport with it's simcade physics, seemed a much more immersive racing experience to me than GT6.

This is what GT needs to get back into the discussion of one of the best racing games all time. I mean we talking the semi-premium game, but honestly just give me 500 cars and if some are semi premium that's okay, but they better be upgraded NO STANDARDS.

If you put a standard car from GT4 next to any current game out now it will be an extreme eye sore.

This is what GT needs to get back into the discussion of one of the best racing games all time. I mean we talking the semi-premium game, but honestly just give me 500 cars and if some are semi premium that's okay, but they better be upgraded NO STANDARDS.

If you put a standard car from GT4 next to any current game out now it will be an extreme eye sore.
Uh-huh A more like a pain in the eye.

They might as well do it if they keep the standards and I hope they try to make them like more like this:
High Speed Ring - Ruf RGT_9.jpg

Indianapolis Motor Speedway_2.jpg

Though, I still prefer if they dropped them altogether and just made premium models of the more popular standards like they started doing:
Apricot Hill Raceway_3.jpg

I think they will simply continue upgrading many of the current standards to full premiumsfor gt7, like the cizeta, europa, countach.. etc. All the while some will be touch ups like the AE86.

It would only make sense being that they plan to keep all of the cars. It would be more convenient to update existing models, instead of an addition of 200 NEW (cars that have never been in the series) premiums toward the list.
I could have sworn both the regular and anniversary countach is full premium in my game...

In either case, I guess a high quality exterior but with lacking interiors would be "ok". Then at least I wouldn't have to look at the low quality models when I race against them. I wonder if there is a way for them to laser-scan cars and automatically generate a 3D mesh based on the scan. That would be wonderful if it was possible/feasible.

I remember GT3 getting a lot of **** for dropping so many cars from GT2, but in the end, does anyone here think they should have kept the PS1 cars all the way to GT4,and even GT5?

I could have sworn both the regular and anniversary countach is full premium in my game...

In either case, I guess a high quality exterior but with lacking interiors would be "ok". Then at least I wouldn't have to look at the low quality models when I race against them. I wonder if there is a way for them to laser-scan cars and automatically generate a 3D mesh based on the scan. That would be wonderful if it was possible/feasible.

I remember GT3 getting a lot of **** for dropping so many cars from GT2, but in the end, does anyone here think they should have kept the PS1 cars all the way to GT4,and even GT5?
Yes, they should have kept the PS1 cars all the way to GT5...

I meant that those cars were standard in gt5, and were converted to premium in gt6.

Ah right. Then we have an understanding:P.

I have nothing against the standard cars themselves, just the fact that they aren't premiums.

In my opinion, I ask PD to keep the standard cars in GT7. The standard cars must not be thrown away.
I strongly agree. If they threw away the standard cars, there would be only 5 rally cars left :scared:

I strongly agree. If they threw away the standard cars, there would be only 5 rally cars left :scared:
Yeah so they would have to add new premium rally cars. Shocking, I know :P

Dropping standard cars doesn't mean to exclude the cars themselves, but to not use low quality assets. PD is free to include high def models of any cars they want, including cars that currently only exist in low-def

I don't mind standard cars in GT5. I don't know what's been done about this in GT6, but one thing I hate in GT5 is for PD to deem Standard cars good enough for GT5, but not enough to be able to zoom in like crazy in Photo Mode. That's the definition of: "We know we screwed up with Standard cars".

I don't know what's been done about this in GT6, but I don't mind having standard cars as long as that doesn't mean PD gets to sit on their asses thinking "it's okay, we have 800 standard cars, there's no need to work so hard", and as long as I can zoom in as much as I can and do whatever I want with them. I understand body kits and such is too much to ask for every standard car, but something as simple as allowing us to zoom in and what not is not.

Are their different written design codes for premium/semi/standards?
I figure all cars(with some exceptioms) and have wheels changed and a wing put on and/or removed. Colors can be changed even. What is stopping PD from adding front aero to semi-premium (SP) cars?

If GT7 standard cars are getting upgraded to SP and still have simplified interiors, will the codes be changed to accept front aero, livery(Driver Nimber) for exteriors? Will we see separate hi/low beam headlights activate? Wiper movement from incar view?

Are their different written design codes for premium/semi/standards?
I figure all cars(with some exceptioms) and have wheels changed and a wing put on and/or removed. Colors can be changed even. What is stopping PD from adding front aero to semi-premium (SP) cars?

If GT7 standard cars are getting upgraded to SP and still have simplified interiors, will the codes be changed to accept front aero, livery(Driver Nimber) for exteriors? Will we see separate hi/low beam headlights activate? Wiper movement from incar view?

Hopefully so.... I've reached a point now when I can't decide whether standards going or staying is a good thing. If GT7 does have standards, I can't see any complications in giving each car wiper animations and light options. It's not as if the PS4 is lacking the memory to do so.

Well since Kaz said that there will be standard cars in GT7 for sure i think that all of the standards that are gonna be in the game should be premium on the outside and then have no interiors

Keeping the standards will preserve GT's past.

Removing them will prioritize the future.

That's pretty much the standard/vs premium deal in a nutshell.

They might as well do it if they keep the standards and I hope they try to make them like more like this:
Is it really worth the effort though? Sure, the cars might give a ''sort-of-Premium'' impression at first, but the cockpit view will however still remain absolutely worthless for the vast majority of them, not to mention they'll also remain looking inferior to Premium cars no matter what.

Personally, I see it as a complete waste of time and would've preferably seen as much manpower as possible to be allocated towards modelling cars of Premium quality.

Poor sounds aside, the lack of proper cockpit view is in my opinion one of the most immersion-breaking things and it adds up to a pretty cringeworthy experience. It's among my main reasons why in the last five months, my playtime in GT6 adds up to around 40 measly minutes. 20 of those minutes being today in my beloved cleaned up, ''semi-premium'', AE86 Shuichi Shigeno - before turning off the game. The car looks good in photomode, but I just simply can't enjoy driving a cardboard.

Back