can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
gtpapmcwk11header.jpg

Further explanation of the theme, as chosen by our Week 9 Winner happycorey:

Using Honda's ad slogan as inspiration, Corey wants us to focus on the house that Soichiro
built. That means anything under the Honda name, and to have some more fun with that,
you can only take the cars to a Japanese location, be it a track or a Travel location!

CARS: Honda Motor Company vehicles (Honda, Acura, Mugen, etc)
LOCATIONS: Japanese tracks only
PHOTO TRAVEL: Japanese locations only (also, the "SSR" highway tracks)
UNIQUE RESTRICTIONS: see above

gtpapmcrulesc.jpg

• No full-size images posted in thread; your entry will be ignored.
    [*]One entry per user. It must be your own work, and never previously used in a comp.
    [*]Mark your FINAL ENTRY clearly, with red text.
    [*]You may change your entry once. Do it clearly; edit out your previous entry, and
    either post the new one in a new reply, or in place of the original.
    [*]When submitting, use either a thumbnail or a preview image, linked to the full-sizer.
    [*]Preview images can not exceed 500 pixels in either direction.
    [*]A preview image must be representative of the full-size image. Do not add effects to it.
    [*]Winner gets to choose the following week's theme, as well as the Top 20. Every fourth
    week, the poll will be H2H style: entries must choose a "team", and the best from each
    poll faces off in a final 48 hour poll.
    [*]Winners cannot enter in their own theme!
gtpapmcediting.jpg

What you may not do to a photo:
  • Alter the geometry of the car. No stickers, or body modifications not available in game.
  • Add shapes or objects from outside of GT5, signatures excepted.
  • Remove items from shot (scenery, other cars).
  • Use more than 1 image (HDR, photo-stitching, multi-exposure).

What you may do to a photo:
  • Crop and/or resize an image.
  • Adjust the level or curve values.
  • Alter the colour tone of the image (gradient maps, photo filters, colour balance, etc).
  • Adjust brightness, contrast, exposure, shadow/highlights.
  • Enhance shadows or highlights (dodge and burn tools in Photoshop, for example).
  • Add noise and/or diffuse glow.
  • Add a post-game tilt-shift blur, or apply a motion blur to a stationary Photo Travel shot.
  • Make use of Layer Blend Modes.
  • Use a Sharpening filter and/or tool.
  • Scale or enlarge rims.
  • Remove or modify license plates.
  • Remove the GT watermark.
  • Add a personal signature.
  • Clean up or fix jaggies, texture pixelation, or colour separation.
  • Add a vignette effect.
gtpapmcdeadline.jpg

(@ 1700 GMT)

Last edited:
here´s my Entry for this week! I already made this last week and pretty much liked it.
But I may change it. It all depends on the level again!
But as usual, it should be god damn high!

FINAL ENTRY

Tokyo R246_2

Final Entry

----

I will change my entry, if we are not allowed to use the AEM Racing S2000.​

Acuras? I ask because the only premium NSX with pop-ups is the Acura, and when you RM it they slap a Honda badge on the nose.

Acuras? I ask because the only premium NSX with pop-ups is the Acura, and when you RM it they slap a Honda badge on the nose.

Not that Acura and Honda are different with regard to cars other than name and style... Barring Acura would be like saying Infinity is no good in a Nissan comp.

1. Honda is the parent company, while Acura is the child company.

2. Honda is a corporation (a bigger organization) than Acura, which is only a smaller division.

3. Honda deals with many technologies like combustion engines, generators, robotics, space technology, and motorcycles, among others, while Acura only deals with luxury cars.

- from differencebetween.net

I think we're all familiar with Acura being Honda's luxury division. Just want to know if the Judge will allow them or not.

We did just wrap on a German comp that didn't allow Rufs, so...

Acuras are fine. I don't want there to be any limitations Honda related. So if Honda Motor Company has really any major involvement, it's allowed

Heh, other than the engine though, that car was more Caterham than anything else ;).

First post updated to reflect the car eligibility. If you're curious about a specific car, I'm sure Corey will be able to clarify!

Figured as much. It just came to mind when you said 'any major involvement'. :dopey:

I'm done, thank you for the clarifications. :)

Congratulations on 2k posts.

Haha damn I didn't even think I had that many posts. No problem though. Hopefully we can keep seeing some good stuff! I was about to go take a few shots then I remembered I couldn't enter :(

I'm going to have to shoot new stuff. The only pics I have are of a RM NSX, but it's at the RB Hangar.

Props to whoever enters with a CL

@moglet: wow, just wow! I think my NSX can´t compare to this one...:)

how did you made the photo-travel spot move like this?

@moglet: wow, just wow! I think my NSX can´t compare to this one...:)

how did you made the photo-travel spot move like this?

Thanks! I'm sure yours can compare though! 👍

The moving photo travel effect is something I learned back in the GT4 days when in game blur was pretty bad and to get the same effect as 'Blur Type 3' from GT5, you had to use Photoshop. It involves 3-4 layers making sure the background and car are seperate, and then a simple technique is used to find the horizon to apply Radial Blur in 4 different sections.

It's fairly complicated but I'm sure the old guide from the GT4 photo forum is still about somewhere!

FINAL ENTRY

Click for full size

Changed. Same pic as before but different colour.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back