CLOSED: 2.0 Advanced Competition: Week 8

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 218 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
My money maker I know people have already used it which will go against the shot but unfortunately people tend to use the same cars for grinding.

Final Entry

So many entries, yet only a select number of them are outstanding. I wonder how hectic the voting poll will be.

So many entries, yet only a select number of them are outstanding. I wonder how hectic the voting poll will be.
You haven't seen the first week of competition yet. Imagine that there were 2 separate posts just for a single poll... (which had like 100+ entries lmao) But I think 2.0 is not as hectic as PMC though. 👍 Just enter it man, its fun! :D

First time trying the photo mode inspired by this competition. Only problem there is that I cannot resize it with paint since the file won't open, I tried to install photoshop CS5 but it's quite complicated with host file fixings etc. so I just resized it with imageshack to 640x480. Hopefully it's close enough, but I can also try download another version of photoshop or something.

Not really a competitive image compared to some pics here, but gotta try :lol:

Well try using IrfanView. Its what I've been using for quick resizing. (since it takes a while to load Photoshop) Oh course there are many ways to resize pictures online. Oh, and if you need any help on having your preview and full size image entered correctly, follow these steps and you'll be fine! 👍

I think there is nothing wrong with the first post, well maybe the fonts are a bit small but other than that its just fine... 👍

They are just ignorant, plain and simple. If they can't even abide to a simple rule I think they don't even deserve to enter whatsoever... :P Even if their excuse is "hey I'm new here" etc. etc. etc. is still not an excuse to follow the rules! Rules are rules people...

Point 1 would be good, but point 2 would be better! :lol:
Nah but seriously, I think you guys should just leave a warning at the end of the first post saying "entries which does not follow the rules will be deleted" in big and bold fonts or whatever. :P

I just went and compared the 2.0 thread to the regular PMC thread, and I have to admit that the normal PMC instructions are much easier to read. The section descriptions (Theme, Rules, Deadline) are in large, bold fonts, and the most important rules (the ones people most commonly get wrong) are in bold.

Stylistically the first post is great, and it looks awesome, but it is definitely cumbersome to read, and I can see how people would miss some information. It's not an excuse, but I do think it could use some reworking. Possibly remove some of the wordiness, use larger/bolder text for the section descriptions, and highlight the most important rules in bold. Possibly have large bold headers for the major rules, then the minor rules directly beneath them in bullet points. It may take some effort (and come to think of it, this isn't the thread to discuss it), but I definitely think it could be made a lot clearer than it currently is.

First time trying the photo mode inspired by this competition. Only problem there is that I cannot resize it with paint since the file won't open, I tried to install photoshop CS5 but it's quite complicated with host file fixings etc. so I just resized it with imageshack to 640x480. Hopefully it's close enough, but I can also try download another version of photoshop or something.

Not really a competitive image compared to some pics here, but gotta try :lol:

You could always go here: http://pixlr.com/ and click on image editor. Just like Photoshop! You'll have to be patient while it loads though. May take a long time on a non-high-speed connection.

Also, I really think I am going to be able to enter something this week! :dopey:

Last edited:
My X1 carbon... I've only had it for about a week and it's made me around 4.75 million dollars.

Figured I'd throw a new twist on a classic for everyone that watches nascar.

Turn three at Daytona mine was the car on the outside third row

FINAL ENTRY
http://s1003.photobucket.com/albums/af152/Redfang258/?action=view&current=Superspeedway-Daytona.jpg

You need to have a preview, or you won't make it to the poll. That's part of the rules too, at least how I read it 💡

I've been driving a huge variety of cars recently, rather than sticking to just one, but my best guess is that this has won me the most money so far.

Final Entry:

Meet the stealth fighter.

Final Entry

GTPlanetComp12Small.jpg

The Dark Knight

Can't use multiple Images, i'm 90% sure that's HDR.

The thing is, i think, imho:

When you can mimick HDR, go for that by duplicating a layer, giving it a filter>other>Highpass, change the blend mode to hard light(play with opacity).
Duplicate that layer again. Duplicate default image layer, change blending to screen mode, rub away the darker spots so they keep dark.

Group those 4 layers together > image adjustments > shadows and highlights > toy with settings.

You've got your HDR look alike within the limits of the competition. Without HDR, toning, multiexposing involved. ;)

Last edited:
So i'm the first who break the HDR rule?
Sorry guys. :indiff:
I've made such a ruckus. :ill:
I'm not a pro on PS. So, my knowledge is a bit low.

I just went and compared the 2.0 thread to the regular PMC thread, and I have to admit that the normal PMC instructions are much easier to read. The section descriptions (Theme, Rules, Deadline) are in large, bold fonts, and the most important rules (the ones people most commonly get wrong) are in bold.

Stylistically the first post is great, and it looks awesome, but it is definitely cumbersome to read, and I can see how people would miss some information. It's not an excuse, but I do think it could use some reworking. Possibly remove some of the wordiness, use larger/bolder text for the section descriptions, and highlight the most important rules in bold. Possibly have large bold headers for the major rules, then the minor rules directly beneath them in bullet points. It may take some effort (and come to think of it, this isn't the thread to discuss it), but I definitely think it could be made a lot clearer than it currently is.

I've made some small changes to the first post, to remove unnecessary words and make a certain rule much bigger font-wise. The thing is, I honestly can't think of how to make the rules much clearer, as they're already pretty condensed and to-the-point. Well, the Rules section anyways; the Editing section can be cumbersome, and I'm thinking about potential changes for that, focusing on what can be done to an image, not which tools to limit people to. The problem is people are literally too lazy to read. I know if I were about to join in something, I'd read up on it first...

Anywho, let's continue this in the Discussion thread, because I do want some feedback on the changes 👍

As for the comp itself: about 30 hours left until I'll be asking for the top 20, folks!

So i'm the first who break the HDR rule?
Sorry guys. :indiff:
I've made such a ruckus. :ill:
I'm not a pro on PS. So, my knowledge is a bit low.

I had it too 5 weeks ago. Reading the details eh, it's all about that; ;) But like i said, if you follow my steps above you can get a similar look as what you have now. Just a total different method.👍

You haven't seen the first week of competition yet. Imagine that there were 2 separate posts just for a single poll... (which had like 100+ entries lmao) But I think 2.0 is not as hectic as PMC though. 👍 Just enter it man, its fun! :D

Don't think I want to? I don't have enough cars/money to be as free with my choices....Fear not, that time will come soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back