CLOSED: 2.0 Advanced Competition: Week 8

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 218 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stunning looking Lambo sheferd! 👍

What font is that? I'm having a hard time finding some nice fonts in PS CS3. About 97% of all those fonts look all the same; boring and useless. And how the heck are you guys getting all these HD images out of GT5? The photomode I have been using in GT5 up until now hasn't been anything better than GT4's in either user-friendly'ness or quality output :indiff:

Anyway,

FINAL ENTRY!

Have done countless events with this machine now. I just love how it feels like an aircraft when accelerating, yet still cornering very nicely.

Thanks Mini and Bram

The font is Helvetica Neue LT Std at 35 thin.

It's not a free font though :\ (although you could probably find it if you tried)

A great place for free fonts though is FontSquirrel

Don't think I want to? I don't have enough cars/money to be as free with my choices....Fear not, that time will come soon.

Just do the seasonal events, you'll be earning money and exp. in no time! Also doing the special events helps earn a lot as well. Of course you can just ask people around here to give a free X1 and just destroy everyone in the game... :lol:

Final entry

Romeklein.jpg

Full version

http://i1020.photobucket.com/albums/af328/Wits_album/Romegroot.jpg

Final Entry

LaSarthe 2009: 07 GTR

fullsize: [url]http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/465/circuitdelasarthe2009noc.jpg[/url][/QUOTE]

Too large of a preview.. 500px, plz.

FINAL ENTRY

'09 Ferrari 458 Italia, High-Speed Ring

Don't really have a proper money-making machine, since I race with various cars, but this is probably the closest. Here it is blasting past a hapless SLR.​

Final entry

Click for larger one..

totally rushed, took the snap and quick edited in like minutes -.-

Stunning looking Lambo sheferd! 👍

What font is that? I'm having a hard time finding some nice fonts in PS CS3. About 97% of all those fonts look all the same; boring and useless. And how the heck are you guys getting all these HD images out of GT5? The photomode I have been using in GT5 up until now hasn't been anything better than GT4's in either user-friendly'ness or quality output :indiff:

Anyway,

FINAL ENTRY!

Have done countless events with this machine now. I just love how it feels like an aircraft when accelerating, yet still cornering very nicely.

Typefaces are pretty easy to come across and I don't mean illegally. Theresa re some fairly good free ones (a few minor kerning issues, but if you don't know typography you'll never know). Besides typeface is about readability not flair. My skin wants to peel itself with I see people use decorative fonts and call it a "logo"... ugh...

anyway, smashingmagazine will feature some pretty good free fonts from time to time. as will WDL and alvit.de (those are my non academic daily reading sites).

Per the images looking bad in photomode for you - only premium cars look crisp up close. Standard cars are more or less GT4 ports. I suspect they leave them alone so it at least has a consistent look with the PSP garage and remains interchangeable without noticeable degradation (remember, SONY is still very much pushing the PSP device to compete with the DS - the iPhone isn't technically a gaming device, it's a platform that games are being developed because of the monetary gains developers potentially see, but it's capabilities as a device blow - comparatively). But I digress...

To get a good shot of standard cars, you need to stay back a little bit, or go to photoshop and clean them up (which is a chore, depending). This is why you'll usually find photo comps with the premium cars and seldom a standard car as the primary subject.

Well yes, apart from that GT-R being a P-car and the surfaces still look GT4-like when I take the images into Photoshop ;)

Well yes, apart from that GT-R being a P-car and the surfaces still look GT4-like when I take the images into Photoshop ;)

I've got CS5 on a 24" Dell and the only cars I've ever seen look like GT4, are cars from GT4. My best guess is that you're getting bad angles therefore capturing some faulty modeling (which can throw a texture off some) or your monitor and video card jack your colors to a point where you can see some physical errors from the game...

just moved some images to see on my LaCie... no issues there either. I suspect it may be your hardware.

Final entry
My Lambo LP678 (With 678HP, hence the name XD)

Last edited:
I have asked for the Top 20 from RG, so any entries from here on out may or may not be too late under the wire. You have been warned.

Just do the seasonal events, you'll be earning money and exp. in no time! Also doing the special events helps earn a lot as well. Of course you can just ask people around here to give a free X1 and just destroy everyone in the game... :lol:

You really want me to participate that badly. don't you?

I'm flattered. Why don't you send me an X1, whatever it is. :sly:

Closed. Top 20 Sent. Was not easy and there were a few I thought were definitely worthy but I can only do the Top 20. Good luck everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back