Closed

• Thread starter GTP_Nail
  • 421 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, new to all this and the game as well.
Any advice on what’s the best steering wheel and pedals to purchase.
Love racing online and would like to make myself up cockpit so to speak.

Feed up with doing it with control pad.

Cheers,

Briscaf1

Hi guys, new to all this and the game as well.
Any advice on what’s the best steering wheel and pedals to purchase.
Love racing online and would like to make myself up cockpit so to speak.

Feed up with doing it with control pad.

Cheers,

Briscaf1

You would be better looking at some of the threads in the Sim Racing Hardware forum but ultimately it will depend on your budget, Logitech is a favoured manufacturer for less expensive and Fanatec/Thrustmaster for high end...Check out the forum in the link though 👍

The Sunday meeting this weekend is hereby moved to infinity due to the Rolex 24 ending when we were supposed to start and seeing as how I will try to watch it all, I will not be in any shape , what so ever, to race. Also next weekend is in question due to the Bathurst 12 hours....I have to see when it takes place US time. More on that later.

Well now that all the “real racing” is over its time to have fun. I’ll be up tonight testing gt3/vs 4 using the 24 hr track if anyone wants to play. Starting this Sunday we wiil start racing/driving at 2 central.

image-jpeg.712831
On Sunday afternoon @2 Central the Ring Rats will conveine in a Private room. We have been testing various scenarios and we have come up with the following. Two races. Both with Tyres 7x and fuel 3x. You may use either Racing hard or Racing Mediums....or mixem on first stint. First race 4 laps of the 24 hour circuit in daylight. Second Race 30 min Nordschliefe in the dark. :eek:. No score...no one cares.
Boped GT4 with tuning prohibited
Oh yes... in order to promote “real racing” we are seriously considering Full Damage. Flags on . 1st race grid second one rolling and both are random. Might be more... so keep an eye on the thread.

Tuesday nights will continue for more informal Rat Racing and testing......but the new Sunday time will be our primary Meeting ( as the Brits would say)

Please post here if you plan to come and have fun. I doubt the need for a second room but just in case who would be able to host a back up room.

We will, use all WRS rules and ethics EXCEPT that you must keep all wheels on racing surface...meaning that you can place inside wheels on the inside edge of the curb not your outside ones.
Also this is real friendly racing so if you inadvertently have someone off honor them by waiting for them.

Last edited:
Hello. I would like to join this Tuesday. Sunday is at a bad time for so I can't make those days sorry.

I'd like to join today's race. Its in 4 hours and 40 min from this posts time stamp, correct?

at Two Central us which is Zulu minus 6 when no one has silly savings times. Everybody bring the Porsche Gr3 and Gr4 as we may do a test race for a future WRS Event. Also the room setting will change from BOP to non BOP But with tuning phrohibited.

I will be there Ned. I will do my best to stay out of everyone's way :D. I have very little experience at the Ring. If you see me barreling down the track, may want to move... I am probably out of control :lol:

If you are driving it, you will be way in front of me :lol:

I am so sorry for nailing you Rob, that was me being completely out of control but it was a fun session. You really didn't need to had that place back later with that minor off you had but I'll never look a gift horse in the mouth :P. Shame we had to split into different chat lobbies but good that we had so many turn out tonight.

:cheers:

I am so sorry for nailing you Rob, that was me being completely out of control but it was a fun session. You really didn't need to had that place back later with that minor off you had but I'll never look a gift horse in the mouth :P. Shame we had to split into different chat lobbies but good that we had so many turn out tonight.

:cheers:

Oh you were fine Mike, I was laughing about it. I learned the TT is not good on tire wear. Not to mention, I need tons of practice on that track! It didn't help going from an LMP to a Gr4 :lol:

We had a nice turn out! I had lots of fun! @Gravitron and I were having some battles too. I think he did better on tire wear than me. I went to mediums thinking we only had 1 more lap. They failed me on the 5th lap.

Thanks Ned @GTP_Nail for showing me around the track! I was getting better, just need to work on a few areas to be competitive.

0D3321DA-BBC1-43CC-AFD7-3C8F9CCC3D1A.jpeg
Well Sunday was “interesting “ with as many as 14 driving split between LMP1 GT3 and GT4 Porsches. It was a very useful exercise in when and when not to pass when coming upon “slower” cars who themselves are on the limit of adhesion. Slower cars can not “beam up” so it is up to the slow cars to be “predictable “
and the fast drivers to exercise a unique quality, rarely seen in racing drivers, PATIENCE ! So tonight I’ll be up to mess around and do some short races and we can use the Porsches if you want. Ill be up around 8:30.

anyone who has DISCORD installed on your phone please add me to your friend list
Mine is, of course, Nail.

image.jpg

Sunday room opens at 1400 central . Not sure whats up...Wether we will be doing more practice for the upcoming WRS event or just racing with our normal 4 lappers....Or maybe a 10 lapper.....bring whichever Porsche you prefer .... 919, 911, or Caymen. If we run the Porsches they setting will be just tuning phrohibited....if we resort to our more agressive fuel and tyre wear settings we will run Gp4 with Bop. Either way fun will be had.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back