Closed

• Thread starter GTP_Nail
  • 421 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dan Gurney Airborne at the  ring.JPG

Its time to run the ring.The above picture is my favorite of all time. It's great (to me) because its my favorite track (Nordschliefe), favorite car (Eagle F1), and my favorite driver of all time (Dan Gurney).BTW Dan was WAAAY ahead in this race until his underfunded car conked out.
First one to the room open up using the WRS settings.....no BOP no car restriction... and tuning prohibited. Set race endurance and one hour. We will run a one hour race and then 4 lappers until we fall asleep.
15th Aniv 911 RSR.jpg

work took longer than expected. I am just getting home now. Did anyone figure out the problem with Bigdawg and Roamer's connection?

I hope I fixed mine. I got a new, upgraded router. I also opened the ports for. So, time will tell. I didn't have issues in the one race we did. So, I am hopeful :D

Sorry Ned, I figured with the maintenance/ update coming, that it would be easier to just mess with the TT tonight.

OK guys the "Big One" is over and done...except for the final results. If any of you posted on the "WRS goes to hell" thread anything that might be of interest to those here please cut and paste to this thread.

@BigDawg_1281 said....I think it would be fun to do a monthly multi-cass endurance race. Could use different manufacturers (Audi, BMW, etc). Just a thought anyway...

I responded

Tex and I are currently working on just that... but without the Lmps. While still under the WRS banner these will be more informal longer versions of the great event that Dutchy and Bart ( with the of help MANY others !!) created. These will be monthly races run in the Ring Rats room most likely on Sundays when there are no special WRS events. More as it develops but go to that thread for info.

tomorrow night we can talk about it but I'd like to see a periodic Sunday event using the Nordschliefe with a 2 3/4 hour or 3 hour event with perhaps two shorter pit stops for those who drink too much before the race.:lol:

No driving for this kid tonight.....just pulled my T150 off of the rig and am Installing my new T300.....no try outs tonight other than making sure it works. Tomorrow night I'll take her for a spin at the "Ring".

Last edited:
Sweet. Leave the switch in the PS4 position. You might need to toggle red/green backlit button to invert the pedals.

70B3269F-93D4-4704-8349-3671CD344335.jpeg
5286ED49-55E9-4471-A743-8E37EF59619B.jpeg

The T300 top and the T150 bottom. Messed around with settings. The most significant difference is the T300 wheel is a steering wheel and the T150 is an entry level wheel( plastic). Also thumb position is different. The weight difference is HUGE... one is plastic and one is metal.
After five laps in the RSR at the Ring ( where else...lol) The T300 has significantly wheel centering while the T150 has little or none. Also onset of understeer is scary with the T300 and almost unnoticeable with the T150. And from my point of view the T150 was MUCH better than the G27 by probably the same margin as T150 to T300.

Last edited:
1475945812-opde034-eifel-race-1969.jpg

Ring Rats will open at 8:30 Central ......along with racing we will discuss starting a VLN style series that will never end. It will follow the exact VLN schedules of races on a monthly basis of varying lengths with various cars TBD. If someone gets there before I do open a private room titled Ring Rats with tuning prohibited and BOP off and no tuning.

image.jpeg

Same deal as normal.....room opens at 2. Don't forget.....Daylight savings time is upon us. Spring forward....lol.

image.jpeg

Tonight we will be running 5 lap races trying out our new tire and fuel settings. We start at 8:30 central. As per usual if you get there first set up the room with no car class selection, no BOP, and tuning off. Make it a private room plz.

In the Rat Room we will be having a major race about once a month. This Sunday....a 15 lapper of the Nordschliefe ( NOT the 24) with Fuel at 3x and tires 5x. This a practice race.
The cars will be the BMWs . Z4 and M4.
No tuning. No BOP.
Two five minute ( on the jacks) mandatory pit stops.
M4s leave the grid first with Z4s departing the grid when the M4s pass sector 3 .
Room opens at 1400 central.
Race runs at 1430

No qually. Random grid.

I'll try to make it this evening but may not have Discord...please kick me if that's an issue 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back