Closed

• Thread starter GTP_Nail
  • 421 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Miro it is always a pleasure to have you show up on a Tuesday night!
That was fun tonight with all the chatter and a bunch of talented drivers trying out VERY fast cars on the worlds greatest track. Some liberties were taken but always with a smile and a giggle and no harm meant.:D I especially loved the grand carambolage comming out of Aremburg when there so many ghosted cars that it looked like automotive fog!

Sorry I crashed the room but a BFTS ( big expletive deleted thunder storm) smashed into Tennesse and the lights went out. The power just came on and I have just finished wandering around turning off lights.

Hope your wheel works now Lucas!:bowdown:

Nordschliefe drawing.jpg

Tomorrow's race...
The Cars.....Lexus G2 and G3. There are two Lexi G3, the 2016 and the 2017 models. Use either one and tell me which one you prefer for the monthly race.We will use both cars this week regardless of number of guys so we can get some data on the G2 G3 together. BTW the G3 is easier to driver than the G4.

The Race.....this week 1.5 hours with a 5 min pit stop every hour or portion thereof.

The Track...This week the 24 Hour circuit in early morning. Next week same circuit night. I Didn't think you guys wanted to go Cold Turkey with the G2 in the dark.

All settings the same as last week with the exception of Full Damage.....y'all be careful...ya hear?

For the start the G3 cars start at sector 3 line. G2 cars go when G3 enter the Nordschliefe (sector 4).Don't forget....DO NOT TURN RIGHT onto the Nordschliefe at the end of lap 1....:P
upload_2018-4-7_18-2-24.png

The Time same as last week . 1330 Central us which is still UTC-5

The addition of full damage finally gets us close to the real thing and will cause some caution and grossly effect strategy. Remember all is not lost if you crash. Fix it and proceed. You NEVER know what the others are going to do and the Season Championship will actually have prizes. I have so much racing memorabilia that I'll start giving it away at the end of the 24 hours, so keep moving. Setted did you lap any of the G3 cars last week? If not we are all tied for first (Last?)

Could someone post a screen shot of the finish screen from last week. I don't have a USB drive to move it from PSN to here.

Not ordinary test session in progress ^^

Room closed, have no feel for the cars atm ^^ to much engine damage :D

Last edited:
Decided to do another sector map for the ordinary Nordschleife so we have both now

full
Really nice...did you do the other one...they are the only ones that have all of the major corners and the splits. Thanks regardless. I’m top Bronze on speed, Low silver on experience.....split personality.:odd:

Really nice...did you do the other one...they are the only ones that have all of the major corners and the splits. Thanks regardless. I’m top Bronze on speed, Low silver on experience.....split personality.:odd:

Yes I did, you're welcome

You still had time to join Joel, but it was a friends only room. Please send Neil a friends request, we would loove to have you on board.

Today’s race was great.

What I learned:

1. It’s not worth staying out with a damaged car.
2. It might be worth fuel saving for couple of stints so you don’t need to pit with 1 lap to go but probably not worth to do for the whole race.
3. Damaged aero bits take a big chunk out of fuel economy (about three steps on the fuel map).
4. Setted is not from this planet :)

You still had time to join Joel, but it was a friends only room. Please send Neil a friends request, we would loove to have you on board.

Today’s race was great.

What I learned:

1. It’s not worth staying out with a damaged car.
2. It might be worth fuel saving for couple of stints so you don’t need to pit with 1 lap to go but probably not worth to do for the whole race.
3. Damaged aero bits take a big chunk out of fuel economy (about three steps on the fuel map).
4. Setted is not from this planet :)
Er...Neil?.....I think Jammy is on my list but I'll check.

1. For a race with 6 guys that sure was FUN. @GTP_Versatile (bet you didn't know this is Setted!!), @mr_lab_rat , @monoha , @Argon , @Mires thanks for the race.
@Gravitron , @TEX36 , @roamer2629 , @Nolinar , @Goldomor , and @MadMax you were missed. Some of you had valid hall passes....but I'm sure the one with PIZZA in the reason wasn't one of them...LMAO Lucas.

2. Racing with full damage sure is more fun...especially if the other guys crashes..:lol:...unless YOU CRASH while making fun of the guys who fell off!!!!:rolleyes:. EVERYONE noted it made for a more realistic race and an attendant re-evaluation of certain pain levels and the constant changes to strategy had everyone guessing except Setted who just motored away. We really need at least one more Alien to keep him honest. Congrats to Setted and monoha who avoided cutting grass, bouncing off of hard objects (each other?) or sliding down guard rails and thus finished 1st and 2d.

3. To expand on Mike's bit about damage.
Bashing the splitter reduced top speed about 20 MPH
Bashing rear wing reduced top speed 10 MPH
Blown motor/transmission limited top speed to 120 to 140ish with laborious acceleration.
Wiping all four corners, and wing and splitter reduced about anything, except straight line speed which the car hated in the next corner as it had NO ground effects or down force and the suspension was trash..
But carrying on with less than severe damage (no engine or transmission damage) was doable if it meant that it preserved your stint.
Crashing heavily in the first three or four sectors was, while not game ending, was character building and annoying in the extreme.

5. Next week will be another 1.5 hour race...IN THE DARK.

Crashing heavily in the first three or four sectors was, while not game ending, was character building and annoying in the extreme.
Did it 4x in first 5 laps to prove your words :D was just not my day though, changing 5 new engines, every team would sack me after 2. :D

Thanks for the race guys. Next time I hope they at the ring wont need so much gardening stuff to do ^^

I'll sent FR to Nail as his's not my friend list if his not faster than me sending it.
Did I miscalculed the timezone difference :confused:
I just did couple Daily Sport races on Paramount's night (race c).

Yes then it was correct. I try to find the room but as said it was friend only so no way to find it. Hopefully next weekend then.
You posted 12 minutes before the start. What timezone are you in?

@jammy21 is now fr'd. God knows we don't want to lose anyone.

The combo was decided yesterday after the race to be G2 Lexus or Nissan and G4 Ferrari or McLaren. This gives everyone some choice. Yes both G4's are MR but they are pussycats. We may also allow the G4 Lexus but we have to test them all. Will do so tomorrow night. The reason to mix up the manufacturers besides for the sake of variety was so you KNOW when the car behind you is a G2, not another G4 who is about to "do" you when you lift to let what you thought was a G2 by.

@jammy21 is now fr'd. God knows we don't want to lose anyone.

The combo was decided yesterday after the race to be G2 Lexus or Nissan and G4 Ferrari or McLaren. This gives everyone some choice. Yes both G4's are MR but they are pussycats. We may also allow the G4 Lexus but we have to test them all. Will do so tomorrow night. The reason to mix up the manufacturers besides for the sake of variety was so you KNOW when the car behind you is a G2, not another G4 who is about to "do" you when you lift to let what you thought was a G2 by.
Happening later? I'm game for this! Got a McLaren Gr.4 from the Suzuka WRS TT shaped up and ready.

Good little run in the lobby today, good pace from Setted, showed me I gotta work on my natural race pace on untuned cars a bit more...

starting to fall off the wagon a bit after being up for so long today. Still more attentive than most of my colleagues which is actually worrying though! :lol:

Hi guys, do you run on GMT timezone too? In the UK and looks like I've been missing out on the fun ha ha I am registered with WRS, can I join?
In a manner of speaking we all run on GMT timezone :lol: GMT, GMT-5, GMT+11 ;) take your pick.

Smarminess aside, Sundays might be UK friendly.

Hi guys, do you run on GMT timezone too? In the UK and looks like I've been missing out on the fun ha ha I am registered with WRS, can I join?
Sure....we race on Tuesday nights for short testing races and on Sunday afternoons ( so gmt guys can join). Send me a fr as rooms are private

Last edited:
This sounds like my idea of driving heaven ...wasn't that GT2's tag line!?!

Anyway, thanks to @Argon for letting me know about Ring Rats, can't believe I've not seen this before.

Is there any form of sign up required or is it a case of show up on race day?

Cheers,

Chris :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back