ClubSport V2 Introduction

• Thread starter thehawk05
  • 184 comments
Looking forward to these V2's getting to the US market. It is time to upgrade my T500 pedals to something more realistic. Are the CSP plug n play using a T500 wheel. Is there software that comes with the pedals? Dumb questions? You tell me.

thehawk05
CSP only work with a T500 on a PC and would require their own USB port.

PS3.....no dice.

Yep. PC only for me. PS3 is now a door stop. I have seen the light.

Latte you discount or ignore the main feature; better feel.
Fatkrakr I believe the feel will be improved in the direction you desire. Things have changed on that brake and hydraulic pressure now courses through it.

Scotty

Fatkrakr I believe the feel will be improved in the direction you desire. Things have changed on that brake and hydraulic pressure now courses through it.

Scotty

Indeed. Added tactile immersion especially for those that use the clutch. Wonderful.

Scotty

It has changed since that video was released? Ill be interested to see the changes. As it is now it is just something to add more brake resistant, which is far from being a hydraulic brake pedal.

^^^This is true its not hydraulic, I have a perfect pedal and I love it. But if the added damper gives me the feel of hydraulic and using the load cell I'll be more than happy.

The clutch is being slept by a lot of people but it looks fantastic and I'm glad they added it.

Seems people are praising the CSP version 1 for 2 years. Now here is CSP version 2 and it somehow is worse? ;)

C'mon guys, I can understand being critical because of no upgrade kit, but these seem to be better than the awesome CSPs, yet people are bagging the crap out of them. Kinda funny.

First impressions for me are that it's a worthwhile upgrade and a good spec for the price. Nice update in looks too. Giving it more thought however I feel these still won't quite match some higher end rivals. People wanting the CSW and purchase possiby several rims might want more, these just seem to lack a little or is that just me?

I just think their is a market for a 350-400 pedal set that would be more heavy duty and compare to other ranges that still cost much more. This whole idea of revised 2.0 and then a possible additional kit again isn't what I would of expected. Also why not 12bit resolution?

The CSRE pedals with modular design and easy inversion seemed better. I'd personally of liked that but in a quality/construction to match ECCI or other hi end solutions and doing what Fantec usually do in offering greater value for money.

I've read another review that they said it isn't worth upgrading from original CSP's if you have it.

From what I have read, I don't believe its worth an upgrade from CSP if you already have v1. For another few hundred dollars, better to spend it else where.

These are great though if you don't own the original CSP.

still have my finger crossed for that to happen!

Or please some PCB engineer make an adapter for CSP to work with T500 on PS3,
possibly like the interface for CSR-E use TH8RS on Xbox??

Yeah I got torn apart on the Iracing forums for suggesting an ugprade kit. It's ridiculous not to offer one, thomas said it would be too complicated, and better to just ebay your CSP V1 than to buy the upgrade.

Let's say I sell my used CSP for what I Bought them for 150 dollars, then I'm still spending another 130-140 after shipping on the new pair. I'd rather be able to spend 100 on an upgrade kit (thought after seeing it I think this would be a bit overpriced) and keep my pedals the entire time, than have to go through the ebay process.

The mechanism that connects the RC spring to the brake pedal seems like it would be pretty simple to emulate. If anything we'll figure out how to make our own CSP V2 ;)

Also wasn't being able to do upgrades and stuff one of the reasons for the open design?

Last edited:
Also because they copied the new version from Japanese modder, upgrade kit should be the obvious choice. I would understand if they had used some new modular design, but the base and most of the pedals are clearly the same.

I was interested in the CSR E Pedals. But now, im looking forward to the csp v2 thing. But all i have now is a g27. Whats better ? Buying the csp v1 and modding it or csp v2 ????? Thanks in advance

Nobody has done the mod at this point so I would just wait. Also Fanatec might come out with upgrade kit after some time. Personally I might just try to do progressive spring mod for brake pedal of my G25 set first and then go for CSR-E if that fails. Modular design of CSR-E suits my cockpit and they also have a load cell.

Realistic clutch of CSP v2 is very impressive however!

Borass 302
I was interested in the CSR E Pedals. But now, im looking forward to the csp v2 thing. But all i have now is a g27. Whats better ? Buying the csp v1 and modding it or csp v2 ????? Thanks in advance

The V1 its not available trough the fanatec webstore anymore, i believe that they will discontinued the V1 soon as they release the V2, you might find the V1 second handed though . Im even considering to sell out mine.

Does anyone else feel this is a bit like G25-G27?
Good value spec but these don't quite for me match the quality/spec associated for the CSW wheel.
The wheel competes with other high end solutions, these V2 pedals compared to current high end pedals look like they come up short in comparison.

I really expected more and feel others including myself looking PC specific set of pedals for their rather expensive rigs will be looking to see Mr Speare's upcoming pedals.

For the average user and likely main target customer they fit the bill but perhaps not quite in line with what some CSW customers have in mind. The price difference in wheel/pedals illustrates this too.

Last edited:
I think price and core technology of the V2 is top spec compared with anything; pedal set does not have to cost 500 credits to be good as "500 credit pedals". However I am disappointed for not going CSR-E route on modular design.

Ok compare these to the CST range, particularly the F1 model. Massive difference in build and quality. I think many potential CSW owners would have no problems considering pedals in the 400-600 range and even more. Perhaps that market is too niche and the V2 certainly are targetted more, to mainstream than enthusiast.

I'd of liked to of seen 4096 stepping over the 1024 on the electronics though.

Does anyone else feel this is a bit like G25-G27?
Good value spec but these don't quite for me match the quality/spec associated for the CSW wheel.
The wheel competes with other high end solutions, these V2 pedals compared to current high end pedals look like they come up short in comparison.

I really expected more and feel others including myself looking PC specific set of pedals for their rather expensive rigs will be looking to see Mr Speare's upcoming pedals.

For the average user and likely main target customer they fit the bill but perhaps not quite in line with what some CSW customers have in mind. The price difference in wheel/pedals illustrates this too.

We did not want to re-invent the CSP as they are succesful just as they are.
So with a little finetuning they are up to date and should be doing good in this price range. Why make a much more complicated and more expensive system if the reults are similar? It is easy to spec up a product and sell it expensive. To deliver similar results at a much lower price point is much more tricky.

Ok compare these to the CST range, particularly the F1 model. Massive difference in build and quality.

Ok. These might just as high end as Fanatec can now go in pedals(and they are already way beyond what is good enough for me) . I mean mechanism was copied from Japanese modder. That tells that Fanatec is not as experienced in pedal technology as in wheels. That is very understandable because they have developed higher number wheels than pedal sets.(turbo,turbo s, GT3,GT3 v2,GT2, CSR, CSR-E and now CSW)

The most obvious device missing is of course high quality shifter. Standard shifters are just plastic crap compared to the quality of wheels they make.

Hey Raitzinger

you want to provoke me so that I will show you how far we can go with pedals ? ;)

The CSPs set the standard for affordable high-end pedals and they still do. Can we make more advanced pedals? Anytime! If we want to...

Yes, I am quite vocal :)

Fanatec has the right spirit!!

If you look at where fanatec started with wheels and where they are now with CSW, you can estimate to see same kind of progression (got use the new fun word :) ) also happen in pedal sets. That is of course dictated by the demand.

I think Raitziger means Fanatec will never be able to make a clubsport shifter that has a progressive resistance depending of how far you press the clutch.

(yes I provoke to see how far Fanatec pushs) :)

Guys, guys. Its $250. This is kinda like a 911 Carrera S (CSPv2) vs a 911 Turbo (DSP, etc)... do you really need the two turbos... and can you even drive the car to its full potential? Probably not. You can be disappointed, but you should not be surprised Fanatec didn't reinvent the pedal. The CSPv2 vs CSPv1 is like 911 Carrera vs 911 Carrera S. A small but noticeable upgrade. Hence the relatively small, but noticeable price increase.

K_Soze, I will second the provocation. A clutch pedal and a shifter that could talk to each other would be glorious.

Back