ClubSport V2 Introduction

• Thread starter thehawk05
  • 184 comments
The shock by itself only dampens the force, nothing more, nothing less. It needs a spring to return it to needed position. If the shock is too stiff and the spring is too light, it won't be able to bring the shock back into uncompressed position.

Or you could just make the shock work just during compression as I have. For extension (brake release) I have it set to return without delay. This enabled me to increase the compression damping quite considerably which increases the hydraulic feel we're all familiar with from real cars. While still keeping the modulation excellent, in fact better. Stock I found the hydraulic force to weak.

Interesting. I was under the impression that there would be some automatic shock rebound once you reached a certain compression point. Some of the RC forums that I searched for filling techniques mentioned that the litmus test for a proper air-free fill was to compress the shock, let it go, and make sure that the piston rebounded about half way out of the shock. Since my piston stays wherever I leave it, I assumed my filling technique was improper?

RacerXX, how did you accomplish this?

Thanks

Interesting. I was under the impression that there would be some automatic shock rebound once you reached a certain compression point. Some of the RC forums that I searched for filling techniques mentioned that the litmus test for a proper air-free fill was to compress the shock, let it go, and make sure that the piston rebounded about half way out of the shock. Since my piston stays wherever I leave it, I assumed my filling technique was improper?

RacerXX, how did you accomplish this?

Thanks

I cover this and even have a video of the device over in the Fanatec mod thread. You can see it in action. It's noted in two of the Fana-Blogs. I started with conventional valving changes inside the shock. Then moved up to electrically adjustable dampers. But I could not get either to work as well as the much simpler approach I finalized on. By dispensing with all the extra bits. Simplify and add lightness.

In use I wind up with much more of that hydraulic feel on brake-apply than a stock V2. On release there is no lag AT ALL which helps modulation / trail braking. A neat feature is that on an instant reapply after a quick release the damping action is minimal on that reapply to to the take-up clearance. Again helping modulation. Yet the nice feel is there and stronger than stock (pats self on back).

I know this might not be the proper place for this post, but here's my problem with the v2s. The accelerator doesn't work properly as it doesn't reach 0%. I know I am supposed to tighten the magnet screw. Thing is, that magnet screw cannot be tightened, it's loose, making my pedals useless. Of course, the pedals are under warranty but I cannot upload the invoice on fanatec website because I upload the pdf invoice and nothing happens. Is this a SCAM? They are asking me to acknowledge that I don't have an invoice which is neccessary for warranty claim. In other words I don't have warranty.
Can someone tell me what to do because I am so pissed right now. I don't have other pedals and I am engaged in 2 competitive iracing series which I can't attend to as long as this pedals don't work.

Back