ClubSport V2 Introduction

• Thread starter thehawk05
  • 184 comments
Yes I was sarcastic and its your prerogative to interpret that as "immature", but I don't quite get the nationalism angle.

I do not understand the hate for the funny comment. The promo video explicitly said German engineering. It should have said Japanese design, German engineering, Chinese manufacturing.

I am sure that Fanatec has contacted the Japanese modder and asked for permission to use the design.

I do not understand the hate for the funny comment. The promo video explicitly said German engineering. It should have said Japanese design, German engineering, Chinese manufacturing.

I am sure that Fanatec has contacted the Japanese modder and asked for permission to use the design.

And quality control from Congo and customer support from Iraq ... just kidding

Trust me, V2s are not just "V1s with RC car shock and different clutch mechanism in black finish", they feel like completely different pedals.
That's all I'll say on this subject.

I'll say only one more thing - I regret buying V1s last year and I would've waited for V2s if I knew they were comming.

Have you got both then now? I was just wondering how you were giving your opinion?

Last edited:
What I meant to say was... Have you. Got the pedals to frank fox as I was wondering how he knew they are much better!

I understand why respecting the NDA might be important. what I don't understand is why it's such a secret when the date the NDA expires and the reviews will be realeased. Many of us need to know in order to have the money ready.

I guess even Thomas himself does not know.

I have my own idea why these delays happen again and again, but I will keep my mouth shut at the moment 🤬

KashunatoR
I understand why respecting the NDA might be important. what I don't understand is why it's such a secret when the date the NDA expires and the reviews will be realeased. Many of us need to know in order to have the money ready.

Its not a secret, mate. As CTM I have not heard of any date yet. It is really up to Thomas to say when we can release all of our emotions and of course our thorough reviews. We do know that it all depends on multiple factors though. This being... New website finished, amount and severeness of issues experienced by reviewers, when the drivers and firmware are finished to satisfaction, state of production of the clubsport line items and most likely the amount of items produced before pre-orders can start.

Great, it does look like its just a matter of switching the clutch and accelerator. I was just curious as the assembly of is different. Hopefully they will be in stock on the 21st. I know that the CSR Elite and CSW are in stock at the minute, but theirs no info regarding the stock of the CSP V2'S

Carson79
Great, it does look like its just a matter of switching the clutch and accelerator. I was just curious as the assembly of is different. Hopefully they will be in stock on the 21st. I know that the CSR Elite and CSW are in stock at the minute, but theirs no info regarding the stock of the CSP V2'S

Remember to swap the distance bushings though, the sizes differ now because of the clutch mechanism. For the rest I think it is a fairly straight forward procedure.

Will do thanks. I plan on taking pictures of any mods I make from now on. So I know where every washer, nut, bolt and spacer went. Call it a learning curve

Has anyone inverted the CSP V2's? Can they be inverted?

Yes they can. I've seen some decent mod pictures. It's easiest to use the existing frame, some all thread, and your choice of material for the backboard. Steel, aluminum, wood, etc.
The clutch and gas just trade places.

I've had my V2's for a month, love the baseplate design, but hate the length.
My feet are size 13 (US) the short baseplate puts my heels right on the end of the metal.
I self tapped a custom steel baseplate extension as a temporary fixed. I then wrapped it in polyurethane foam. It is extremely comfortable on the feet.

picture.php

Inverted CSP V2'S

👍 Nice Carson!

Gearhead, I got size 13's also and the edge of the CSP's grind the hell out of my heals! Had to finally start wearing shoes.

Last edited:
Thanks Cheeba. I couldn't find a picture of it done anywhere, so thought I'd share mine. Didn't take long as it they are designed so well. Love the clutch. More should be said about how good these pedals are! I think I'm faster with these over any other pedals in the past. And they look great lol

Discovered a little detail about the CSP V.2s that the CSP V.1s do not have.

Fanatec appears to have installed rubber grommets/bushings at each end of the accelerator and clutch springs like the CSRE pedals have.

Should help cut down on spring friction squeaking. If I can source something that's close to them I'll post the info for the owners of CSP V.1s.

Interesting. I have a set of CSPv2s, but I don't have the grommets/bushings on mine.

Please keep us posted, JogoAsobi. I use a clutch spring on my throttle pedal, and it gets really noisy and I have to adjust the spring periodically.

I have been playing around with the RC shock on the V2's, and have a question.

Based on my research into filling RC shocks, I was expecting that after a proper fill, the piston would not be fully compressible (or barely compressible), and that upon release it would return to its extended position automatically. Currently, I can fully compress the piston (albeit with some effort), and when I let go it remains compressed (i.e. it does not push itself back out). Is that expected? I tried increasing the amount of oil in the shock, but eventually the amount was too great for the o-rings to hold the pressure and it began leaking.

Thanks for the help.

The shock by itself only dampens the force, nothing more, nothing less. It needs a spring to return it to needed position. If the shock is too stiff and the spring is too light, it won't be able to bring the shock back into uncompressed position.

Back