Cockpit view - IMHO overated and not so useful...

I use in car view when racing in Premiums, & bumper cam when racing in standards. I don't lose any laptime switching back & forth between them. I'd prefer it if all cars had a properly moddled interior, then I'd use in car view all the time.

Except when you're driving in a real car, 98% of your immediate view is......the road.

Wow, thats one of the wrongest statements I've ever heard in my life. No one, who has ever even been in a car could say something like this and actually believe it.

Even in an very open car like a caterham at least 40% of your vision would be blocked. I am a averange sized person (1,70 meters) and I've learned to proper set up my seat position in a security training. If I sit in my Audi 80 sedan for example, I can see from the left mirror to the right A pilla and from the unterside of the steeringwheel to the sun visor without turning my head or eyes. I would say I have more like 50% of my view blocked by something. Seeing the entire hood is another misconception, if you sit right you won't see the hood or only the very end/highest point.

Last edited:
I prefer the chase camera on most of the cars - it's what I got used to using back in GT1, and I don't see the need to change it unless I'm trying to do the challenges with cones in them - I use the bumper cam to see how close I'm getting to them.

The Calsonic Skyline GT-R Race Car '93 is a special case - for some reason, the car (or more accurately, the rear of the car) takes up a large amount of room compared to a Silvia, for example. I'll try to get a comparison shot later today to explain what I mean.

Just did my first sport mode races this weekend and I honestly can't believe the view is restricted to bumper camera ONLY. So lame! GT5 and GT6 both had the chase view available in all the online racing. And I read through the GT Sport online manual and didn't see one word about the view being restricted during online racing. SMH

Here is my take on the different views: Chase view (behind the car) gives the best perspective, by a long shot. You can see much further ahead most of the time, you can see exactly what your car is doing, and you have a great view of all the cars around you. The only drawbacks to chase view are 1) you have to press a button to see the rear view, and 2) the lack of immersion/realism provided by most of the other views. And I have to admit, the sensation of speed and the immersion factor are outstanding in all of the other views. Maybe I'm accustomed to the chase view from all the previous GT games.

Back