Cockpit view or Tv pod view?

• Thread starter FinnZevo
  • 30 comments
United States
Tour Bus
DKGuitarstar
Finn Zevo
I'm just wondering what view most people use while racing in this game.I only use the cockpit view,I think it's the most realistic and only way to race..

I use both, although some cockpit cams are really hard to use. McLaren is probably the worst because the mirrors block the apex of the corner so your just diving in blind.

Last edited:
Just started playing this week but I've only used cockpit cam. No aids except for the corner driving line, intend on dumping that after learning the tracks, heh.

I prefer the TV pod view (the slightly offset one), I just can't get adjusted to the cockpit cam, I feel like I'm driving blind while using it.

Cockpit in all other (rFactor2, Race07, GTR2, pCARS etc.) games, because I can adjust the camera properly.

T-Pod in F1 2012 since it's impossible to properly adjust the camera position on the fly.

Cockpit in all other (rFactor2, Race07, GTR2, pCARS etc.) games, because I can adjust the camera properly.

T-Pod in F1 2012 since it's impossible to properly adjust the camera position on the fly.

I tried out the TV pod view,it just doesn't work for me.it doesn't feel as real as the cockpit view.The tv pod view doesn't have the dynamic effects as the cockpit view simulates..quick question .how is the project cars beta?im looking forwar to that game.. I don't have a good enough PC to run it properly.im gonna have to get the Xbox or ps3 version when it's released..

for ps3, i like to use cockpit view but with the inclusion of kers and drs it becomes a problem to determine how much i should use if i cant see the bar amount. So therefore i use tv pod most of the time

I use the TV Pod just so I could see the sides more. I would love to use the cockpit view if I had a triple screen setup though.

I tried out the TV pod view,it just doesn't work for me.it doesn't feel as real as the cockpit view.The tv pod view doesn't have the dynamic effects as the cockpit view simulates..quick question .how is the project cars beta?im looking forwar to that game.. I don't have a good enough PC to run it properly.im gonna have to get the Xbox or ps3 version when it's released..

It's ok but it's nothing like rFactor2. If you think F1 2012 has realistic & difficult handling you'll think the same about pCARS and be happy with it. It's simcade and it's good at that. It's nothing for the hardcore people (yet) and I'll keep playing rFactor2 until that's changing. :)

Last edited:
As mentioned above, I also use the Tcam so I can see the KERS and DRS more easily. I also treat this game more as an arcade than I do GT5 or GPL. I usually use the DS3 instead of the wheel and enjoy it for the tight racing rather than as a sim.

Well it depends for me, when I'm drifting i use the Bonnet view,
But then when I'm racing i find it a lot easier to see the turns and corners if i use the Tcam view like gman1647 said, i find it easier when I'm and racing.
:gtpflag:

That's cool .i see a few people prefer the TV pod view.For me I only will use the cockpit view.its the most realistic view the game offers.i wish it was adjustable though,then it would really be great..

I prefer cockpit view (offline) but seldom use online because using TV Pod cam let's me see the :crazy: yahoos around me before they hit me :ouch:

Depends what your after

If your after the authentic be the driver experience then go for cockpit view

If u want to see the track properly which would then make your lap times better go for tv pod

I use tv pod but each to their own

Cockpit and no racedisplays.:drool:

Pretty much this. Though, a lot of the cars go on a km base instead of a mph base, so unless you know both of them (depending on where you are) it can be a bit of a pain if you're trying to hit that right speed.

TV pod. I can see the apex of the corner better and I can see the KERS battery and DRS indicator wich for me works better.
Added to that all : my frontwing won't have a long life in cockpit cam with me ;)

Cockpit view. The tall mirrors don't affect me. Once I drove in cockpit view for a while I didn't wanna go back to tv pod.

In F1 2010 I used tv pod because I liked seeing my drivers helmet, in F1 2011 I used cockpit because the helmets sucked.

I use tv pod for the sole reason that fps drops to unplayable levels on PS3 on certain tracks when using cockpit, monaco is barely playable anyway.

Back