Codemasters Has Recorded This Autozam AZ-1 for an Unknown Title

  • Thread starter Thread starter Filipe1020
  • 36 comments
  • 9,964 views
Messages
3
Brazil
Brazil
Apparently Codemasters is working on a new game where they will focus on japanese cars in the near future, there is no information about which game this is for but I found this Facebook post from the company called J-Imports who has an Autozam AZ-1 in storage, I thought that was an interesting piece of information to share.



120187763_2985167704921100_1250242025032651629_o.jpg
 
I can't recall the AZ-1 being in any main stream games other than Sega GT and Gran Turismo. Where this car would fit in with Codemasters, they'd need more Kei cars.

Would be cool to see what they could do with classic and modern Kei cars.
 
Gran who? Never heard of it. Is it a brand new franchise?

Oh lord please, no more Grid. :nervous:

Edit: WHY isn't this car in Forza!!

Doubt this car would be in a Dirt game.

Or what other road car game would they make?
 
Would be nice if Codemasters were working with Capcom, to bring back Auto modellista.
Or Konami (I doubt) to bring back Enthusia...A good idea is a simulation game were we can play with filters...like Uncherted 4, but Gran Turismo with Auto Modellista cel shading filters...
 
What else than another GRID would it be, you got another Simcade PCARS series aswell.
 
GRID: Kei Car Edition I guess. Let’s see whether we’ll see the Cappuccino and the Beat next :)
 
I really hope it’s for a new Grid game, loved the last one, and an addition of a Kei Car class would be great for the next one :D
 
Probably another quick GRID for current gen like Autosport?
 
Not to change the subject but...wonder what kind of tape they use that wont hurt the paint?
w_17.png
 
Not to change the subject but...wonder what kind of tape they use that wont hurt the paint?
w_17.png

That's what I thought. At least they used it sparely...... :rolleyes:
 
Knowing Codemasters, this will probably have terminal understeer and have the ride stiffness of an F1 car. I don't think there's gonna be another GRID game so soon after the last (disastrous) one, but you never know.

I’d rather they work with Genki to bring back Shutokou Battle and Kaidou Battle

Genki tried to bring it back a few years ago as a mobile game and it tanked spectacularly. I don't think there's a viable market for these games anymore to make an AAA studio like Codemasters bother. Maybe as part of a bigger game, but not a focused Wangan only racer.

On the other hand, the Maximum Tune series of arcade games are going as strong as ever (mostly in Asian countries), but the physics is whack.

Of course, if you have a PC, you can just build your own Shuto Battle game with AC and mods. We have the whole C1+Wangan+Yokohama loop in the game, and recently Ikebukuro/Shibuya has been added too. Car choice is virtually unlimited.
 
Last edited:
Knowing Codemasters, this will probably have terminal understeer and have the ride stiffness of an F1 car. I don't think there's gonna be another GRID game so soon after the last (disastrous) one, but you never know.



Genki tried to bring it back a few years ago as a mobile game and it tanked spectacularly. I don't think there's a viable market for these games anymore to make an AAA studio like Codemasters bother. Maybe as part of a bigger game, but not a focused Wangan only racer.

On the other hand, the Maximum Tune series of arcade games are going as strong as ever (mostly in Asian countries), but the physics is whack.

Of course, if you have a PC, you can just build your own Shuto Battle game with AC and mods. We have the whole C1+Wangan+Yokohama loop in the game, and recently Ikebukuro/Shibuya has been added too. Car choice is virtually unlimited.

The mobile game failed because it was a mobile game. People wanted a modern console title with the fidelity and depth that comes with it, not some poor man’s Wangan Midnight arcade cabinet with gachapon elements.
 
The mobile game failed because it was a mobile game. People wanted a modern console title with the fidelity and depth that comes with it, not some poor man’s Wangan Midnight arcade cabinet with gachapon elements.
I think there was more working against it than that, but that is indeed the reason why it might as well have not existed as far as I'm concerned.
 
I think there was more working against it than that, but that is indeed the reason why it might as well have not existed as far as I'm concerned.
Well yeah, it was low-effort and Japan-only. That also played a part
 
Back