Codemasters Teases Something New Coming to the DiRT Series

Discussion in 'DiRT Series' started by GTPNewsWire, May 4, 2020.

1. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

Zona likes this.
  2. evldave333

evldave333

Dirt showdown 2 maybe? Enjoyed the first despite its simplicity. Happy to hear something new is on the way really enjoyed dirt 2.0 colin mcrae pack recently...

3. FT-1

FT-1

Coming to think of it, a game centred around Extreme E does make sense given the lightning bolt hint and the promise of "something different".

If I'm honest, it doesn't sound as exciting as the prospect of a mainline DiRT game or Showdown successor, but I'm happy to be proven wrong.

4. paulpg87

paulpg87

Skip. Dr3 for ps5 for me and better have all rallies from dr2.

SpiritofDS and SPhilli911 like this.
  5. Tristan H

Tristan H

Could they maybe just be starting afresh with the branding, and the next title is just "Dirt". That would be consistent with Grid.

6. ELmarcotuff

ELmarcotuff

I just hope its not as bland as 4, it seemed like 4 didn't know what it wanted to be. Otherwise even if its a showdown ill still get it.

GTPVenomZombie and evldave333 like this.
  7. gjozracer

gjozracer

It will be a "Dirt Revolution"....hint hint!!;)

8. MidnightRush

MidnightRush

That's what I was thinking. I find Showdown to be like MW2012 in that I did end up enjoying it. It's just seen as the red-headed stepchild of the DiRT series.

evldave333 likes this.
  9. CHEN255

CHEN255

I want the next Dirt title to come bundled with Rallycross just like Dirt 2.0. It wasn't something that I was very interested in beforehand but it got me hooked and it is a part of the game that I thoroughly enjoy.

MrCrynox likes this.
  10. Jay84

Jay84

Ugh if its ANYTHING like GRID itll have:

4 rallys
    30 cars

£30 season pass (So you get the full game) Prepare to (as Codemasters say) #ManageYourExspectations

11. tunaphis

tunaphis

What to do with that RallyX licence sitting in the the draw?

12. Theiceman1

Theiceman1

Enter Slightly Mad Studios...?

13. danimac

danimac

Dirt Rally: MONSTER JAM! Yeah mate! :D

GTPVenomZombie and SpiritofDS like this.
  14. evldave333

evldave333

Its likely codies will be doing a remix of all their gaming assets in a quick to develop/to market game. They do the same quick turnaround with F1 so I think showdown 2 is a good shout maybe borrowing from f1, grid and dirt in equal measure, no doubte re-using lots of tracks and car models along the way. The lightning bolt is an interesting part of the tweet cant see electric cars in a dirt game, but maybe remote control cars lol might be a bit of a reach there...

15. MagpieRacer

MagpieRacer Premium

Dirt Rally 2.0

16. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

My bet is Dirt 5 with unique features.

Think about the my course (course maker) feature as a headliner in Dirt 4. Dirt 5 will have another headliner feature but no idea what kind of it exactly at the moment.

17. evldave333

evldave333

Just now Dirt 2.0 has just started updating to 1.24 and the download is 12.2gb seems like there might be some new content in something that size?

18. FoRiZon

FoRiZon

Gymkhana contents coming back to Dirt Rally 2.0? :rolleyes:

That would be awesome actually.

evldave333 likes this.
  19. Ares85

Ares85

I've alerady downloaded this update but i can't find any new content.

20. evldave333

evldave333

Maybe just fixes?, the game installs new content even if you dont have access to it though, ive seen this each season update. Its a slim possibility but maybe season 5 / showdown 2 has just pre-installed I sure hope so, it might be subsequently be behind a paywall... There's no patch notes yet just a cryptic tweet to go off of.

21. MrRaahzeel

MrRaahzeel

I hope it's Dirt 5 or something similar to Dirt 3 ou Dirt Showdown.. I'm bored with Dirt 2.0 that games makes no sense no pleasure of driving

22. sirjim73

sirjim73

Patch notes are in the General Discussion thread ^^

Re the new Dirt - that's a lightning bolt is it? That flew right past me... :O

I reckon this will be out later in the year on the old consoles. Not sure what it is though.

evldave333 likes this.
  23. Dobermann92

Dobermann92

I want something similar to the original Dirt, a more arcade and open-ended title with a lot of various offroad categories to choose from.

24. GOTMAXPOWER

GOTMAXPOWER

I loved the rally raid vehicles in the first 3 dirt games, would be great to see them back (we were supposedly getting a new Dakar game this year too).

If we're wishlisting I would like the full World Rallycross Championship (Timerzyanov is my favourite driver so his car and Spa would be nice) and any DLC to be new, Scotland was great and fully worth paying for, re-releases from older games were not.

Dobermann92 likes this.
  25. LOonIE

LOonIE

The teaser Image looks as if we'll get Dirt HEAT!

26. GTjedi99

GTjedi99

Well

27. V1LR-GUE10

V1LR-GUE10 Premium

DiRT Showdown was a fun game even though a lot of people hated it.

28. ELmarcotuff

ELmarcotuff

Most of those people never actually played it.

29. JC_Dude

JC_Dude

I'd love a return to Dirt 2 or 3's focus on multi-discipline and especially the gymkhana stuff as that was my favourite bit of Dirt 3. Dirt 4 just didn't fill that need and still felt too sterile, much like the Dirt Rally games. Now, I'm fine with the dull presentation of DR1 and 2, but I also feel like not every game needs to be a hardcore sim and would appreciate a more light-hearted, arcade experience.

Michelin Man and FT-1 like this.
  30. FT-1

FT-1

It's interesting you bring up how the series has become sterile because I think that has been an issue with the DiRT series and GRID series in recent years. For some reason, the games released this generation lack the character and structured progression games had from the previous gen. I get that realism has its appeal, but I do miss games with a lively atmosphere, cheesy voice-overs and soundtracks with licensed music.

Despite its poor sales, OnRush brought some much-needed arcade thrills this generation so hopefully the upcoming title builds on this.