Codemasters to Develop Official WRC Titles from 2023

Well, it's not too bad so far. LOL at the default nationality for your driver being French. Vive la difference! I like that they tell you when to brake and how hard. Also that they call the direction out before the angle ("left two") so I have less excuse to turn the wrong way towards my "other" left. Bit twitchy out of the box.

I'm glad I went from DR2 to this instead of the other way around. I can see where the decreased handholding, reduced grip and spinny RWD cars in the Codies game might put people off compared to the Kylotonn way of doing things.

Last edited:
I'm with Mr Crynox. WRC5, 6 and 7 I'd avoid, 8, 9 and 10 I'd get on sale or cheap keys if I were buying again but Generations has low framerate that makes it unplayable on my XSX. WRC10 is only £5.99 on CDKeys at the moment. The environments/stages are more interesting and varied than DR2 but DR2 drives and sounds better. I don't mind doing a 25km stage on WRC10 but rarely do anything over 5km on DR2 :lol:

Last edited:
I'm with Mr Crynox. WRC5, 6 and 7 I'd avoid, 8, 9 and 10 I'd get on sale or cheap keys if I were buying again but Generations has low framerate that makes it unplayable on my XSX. WRC10 is only £5.99 on CDKeys at the moment. The environments/stages are more interesting and varied than DR2 but DR2 drives and sounds better. I don't mind doing a 25km stage on WRC10 but rarely do anything over 5km on DR2 :lol:
I don't think Generations has a low framerate, runs a pretty solid 60, more solid than 10 in my opinion.

I've read elsewhere that its linked to Logitech G923 compatibility. Don't know if that's true but it definitely is unplayable on my wheel. I haven't tried it with a controller.

I've read elsewhere that its linked to Logitech G923 compatibility. Don't know if that's true but it definitely is unplayable on my wheel. I haven't tried it with a controller.
Fair enough, I hadn't read about that issue.

What I don't like about Generations is the muted sounds, it makes it really difficult to get full understanding of what the car is doing making me spin unnecessarily. And the throttle bug bogging right down and then giving too much power when exiting slow corners/hairpins ruining things. It's such a pity as when I can fathom what's going on the physics are great, best in the series, and the feeling under braking is very, very good but without being able to hear the tires on the gravel/surface and gear change sounds I just can't play it properly. All it needed was a few tweaks but KT dropped it like a stone, it's criminal how they left it, I'll never forgive them! I hope at least someone someday fixes it on PC, only then we can fully enjoy the swansong to this series.

WRC10 is only £5.99 on CDKeys at the moment.
I saw the £5.99 code but wasn't sure whether it was the same game they were selling for £48.99 as it had a different cover. If so I'll pop the sealed £25 disk I impulse bought last night back in the post to Amazon and go for that instead. Times are tight at the moment.

Sardegna historic rally in WRC 9 was a real rollercoaster ride with thrilling banked jumps DR 2.0 just can't match. I wouldn't say the games comlpement each other perfectly but they certainly seem to be made with very different design philosophies in mind. The tamagotchi crew management took a bit of getting used to but I think I'm getting the hang of putting them to bed every few races so they don't flake out on me.

High quality graphics mode doesn't match the CM game so I'm sticking with balanced and 60Hz for now.

Last edited:
I'm mildly happy that FM2023 is releasing soon but hearing about the new WRC, well, AT LAST!!!! Here We Go 😁

Cmon @PJTierney spill the beans!! 😄

Last edited:
Finally an official WRC game worth buying.

"EA Sports WRC will be released on November 3, 2023. Please note that Champions's owners and EA Play subscribers (with 10 hours of the last) will be able to benefit from a 3-day early access, or 31 October 2023."

So that's 10 hours free with Game Pass Ultimate then? Perfect!

I'm hopeful this will be a decent game, apparently the price point is 49.99 which seems fairly reasonable on the face of it. The worry is the low price point might be indicative that this is not going to have much new content, and will want you to heavily purchase stages and vehicles. I really hope this game has new stages designs, and not just recycled dirt / dirt 2.0 stages. EA and Codies have a fondness for overly monetizing their titles the game reveal will hopefully reveal their true intentions.

Last edited:
Well at a minimum it is going to have all of the officially licensed WRC stuff, 13 rallies and 3 classes of car. If you look at what has been said, it's been pointed at multiple times that it started life as Dirt Rally 3, backed up by the leaked achievements making mention of rallies that aren't in the WRC and the same number of rally car classes that DR2 featured. Plus the car builder that has been mentioned by leaks and the achievements.

If there could be a negative, it may be that the WRC license came too late into development and risks just being shoved onto what was there and lack a proper career mode like the KT games.

So, given that there's no year attached, it seems there won't be annual sequels, which sounds good for long-term support, but being an EA Sports title there must still be a plan to ask players to pay between $200 and $∞ to get the whole enchilada. If WRC gets the "Ultimate Team" card pack treatment I'm running away at full speed.

So, given that there's no year attached, it seems there won't be annual sequels, which sounds good for long-term support, but being an EA Sports title there must still be a plan to ask players to pay between $200 and $∞ to get the whole enchilada. If WRC gets the "Ultimate Team" card pack treatment I'm running away at full speed.

EA have done the same with PGA Tour. All additional content has been free (4 new courses so far with at least 1 more coming, on top of the 30 it launched with) with decent sized updates, spending money is only really worth it for cosmetics, but everything in the store can be earned without spending money. There is now a premium pass, similar to F1s podium pass but there is also a free tier and unlockables are cosmetic.

If it follows that model, I'll be happy.

Last edited:
I saw this topic come by and was wondering what the status was, turns out theres a anouncement today. What a nice coincidence :)

Im still working my way through WRC Generations which is my first WRC game. By no means a bad game but apparently a lot of its issues have been in the series for a long time so I understand peoples frustrations.

Really interested to see where codemasters will take it. DR2.0 was a great game despite its monetization model so I'm cautiously optimistic. Just remember guys, NO PREORDERS ;)

I saw this topic come by and was wondering what the status was, turns out theres a anouncement today. What a nice coincidence :)

Im still working my way through WRC Generations which is my first WRC game. By no means a bad game but apparently a lot of its issues have been in the series for a long time so I understand peoples frustrations.

Really interested to see where codemasters will take it. DR2.0 was a great game despite its monetization model so I'm cautiously optimistic. Just remember guys, NO PREORDERS ;)

Pfft, I'm preordering as soon as it's available to preorder. DR2s monetisation was fine, some didn't like it, that's fine, but I didn't mind. Generous season passes with a glut of content, hard to complain really. I know the complaints focussed on the return of the previous games rallies but given the work that was done to the majority of them, it got a pass from me. The GOTY is the best rally game that's ever been released.

Back