College Basketball: 2014-2015 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 157 comments
So I saw this on Facebook:
noperfectbrackets2015.png

I honestly had second thoughts on the NC State pick once everything was finalized, but I lucked out. I'm really nervous about the Spartans/Cavaliers match tomorrow because Spartans coach Tom Izzo is a wizard at coaching Tournament games. That one might literally make my bracket suck if Michigan State wins.

On a side note, I was looking through the group names for other ESPN bracket groups. Some of them are quite comical. :lol:

So I saw this on Facebook:
View attachment 335020

I honestly had second thoughts on the NC State pick once everything was finalized, but I lucked out. I'm really nervous about the Spartans/Cavaliers match tomorrow because Spartans coach Tom Izzo is a wizard at coaching Tournament games. That one might literally make my bracket suck if Michigan State wins.

On a side note, I was looking through the group names for other ESPN bracket groups. Some of them are quite comical. :lol:

I don't think you will be happy then in about 5 minutes.

I think I picked sparty in this bracket. I'm not home and I don't remember.

So in the spirit of one of tonight's games, which fan base has more teeth, Kentucky or West Virginia?

Remember that we had 68 teams all with the same dream? Yeah... most of them are gone now. The "First Four" brought 68 down to 64. And because life is so brutally cruel, 64 became 32, then those 32 became 16. Starting tonight, those 16 will eventually be whittled down to 8, then whittled down even further to 4. Sweet Sixteen action. Despite its name, Sweet Sixteen isn't exactly sweet, especially if you happen to be one of the eight teams to be 86ed from the tournament. It's simple- win or go home. Who'll make the Elite Eight, and who will form the Final Four? We'll find out this weekend!

Good luck to the remaining teams in the tournament for both the men and the women.

One last gift from Dean Smith...

He wrote in his players (for the 36 seasons that he coached UNC) into his will. They all received $200 for "Dinner Out".

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...r-heels-coach-dean-smith-leaves-200-letterman

And what could amount as an upset, #3 Notre Dame finds itself in its first Elite 8 Game since 1979, going through #7 Wichita State 81-70.

Congratulations to the other winners, including to the still in progress Xavier v. Arizona State game.

On places like ESPN many WVU fans were making comments about 36-1. Little did they know that they were talking about the score.

@wvmgmidget do they also riot when the team just fails to show up at all? If ever there was a reason for a sports fan to riot, this would be it.

Does anyone know what the biggest points margain has been at the end of the championship game? Rather, which team has had the biggest win in the championship?

When I looked at the men's bracket for this season, I thought about my buddy @FoolKiller because there is the possibility that a match of Kentucky vs. Duke is possible. If both teams win out, it could be a UK/Duke final that would be a rematch of that fateful 1992 meeting. Also, it would be for MUCH more than that 1992 game. Then again... if neither or both make the championship game, forget about this dream match. I know my man FoolKiller would LOVINGLY beat Duke's brains out even if the margin of victory was by one in Overtime(s).

With that said, the Sweet Sixteen continues tonight both here in Houston (South Regional) and in Syracuse (East Regional).

On the women's side, there is a nice match of the Carolinas coming up- #4 North Carolina vs. #1 South Carolina. Other upcoming matches on the women's side:

* #5 Texas vs. #1 Connecticut
* #3 Iowa vs. #2 Baylor
* #4 Stanford vs. #1 Notre Dame
* #3 Arizona State vs. #2 Florida State

Some of the usual suspects and powers are still in the women's tournament on their road to Tampa Bay.

Good luck to the remaining surviving teams.

[UPDATE] Edited that TEX is #5 in the Women's NCAA D1 Tournament and UCONN is #1.

Last edited:
It should also be noted that Kentucky could just as likely play Louisville in the championship game. I doubt they can make it past Duke, but Michigan St winning an upset gives Louisville a great Final Four chance.

Fingers crossed that Louisville fans will learn to hate Duke as much as UK fans.

It's a great shame Rick Barnes got fired as the men's basketball coach at Texas. To me, Rick Barnes to Texas men's basketball is like what Mack Brown was to Texas football. I wish Rick Barnes well wherever he decides to coach at, if indeed he wants to coach someplace else. Barnes has been UT-Austin's men's basketball coach for 17 seasons.

Let me make an extra note from my previous post. I did notice that there is a chance Duke could advance to the National Championship game, but the U. of Kentucky could also face Louisville. Again- this is all granted Kentucky makes the National Championship game and all granted Duke or Louisville makes the National Championship game also. Otherwise, forget about UK vs. Duke or UK vs. Louisville. So you are right, FoolKiller. I was thinking too much about a UK/Duke matchup. Again, this is all assuming the various individual schools make this season's Final Four and eventually the National Championship game.

Current National Champions as of this post:
NCAA D2 Men: Florida Southern
NCAA D2 Women: California University of Pennsylvania (CUP)
NCAA D3 Men: Wisconsin-Stevens Point
NCAA D3 Women: Thomas More

Win by 39, awesome. Win by 2, awesome. A win is a win no matter the margin and now Kentucky ties their own record for most wins in a season.
38-0 and only two more wins to go.

Latest Posts

Back