College Basketball: 2014-2015 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 157 comments
That was probably one of the best games of basketball I have seen in a long time.

Not important but NJIT won their quarterfinal match in the CIT. They play Northern Arizona in the semifinals this Tuesday. The Highlanders have won 16 of their last 18 games.

That was probably one of the best games of basketball I have seen in a long time.
I went numb and started sweating in those last four minutes or so. Incredible game! I'll admit I really didn't think we were going to pull it out.

DOWN GOES LOUISVILLE!

Though 40 minutes wasn't enough to solve their issues, Michigan State took down Louisville in Overtime with a 76-70 victory. So the possibility of an all Bluegrass State championship game isn't going to happen.

I saw NJIT do well in their CIT match. I, of course, thought about our Blitz24 with that victory. Most people know NJIT mostly for that winless season they had once. Congrats to the Highlanders! 👍

Indianapolis, Indiana, USA... get ready. The 2014-2015 NCAA Division 1 Men's basketball Final Four:

* #1 Wisconsin vs. #1 Kentucky
* #7 Michigan State vs. #1 Duke

The fun begins April 4 as Michigan State battles Duke. Later that night, it will be Kentucky vs. Wisconsin. Winners play on April 6 for the National Championship. 68 to 64, 64 to 32, 32 to 16, 16 to 8, 8 to 4... now 4 to 2, and eventually one champion. Good luck to everybody moving forward.

This weekend is the Final Four for the men and the women in NCAA Division 1. In case you need a reminder of who all will have a chance at becoming champions, here you go:

NCAA Div. 1 Men's Basketball Final Four - Indianapolis:
* #1 Wisconsin vs. #1 Kentucky
* #7 Michigan State vs. #1 Duke

NCAA Div. 1 Women's Basketball Final Four - Tampa Bay:
* #1 South Carolina vs. #1 Notre Dame
* #1 Maryland vs. #1 Connecticut

You're welcome. Good luck to all teams remaining in the respective tournaments.

Well, Duke is headed to the final and will play the winner of the Wisconsin/Kentucky game. Duke beat the Michigan State Spartans 81-61.

DOWN GOES KENTUCKY!

71-64 was the score in Indianapolis as the Wisconsin Badgers tamed the Kentucky Wildcats, ending their would-be run at perfection. This victory was more like Wisconsin having that little extra to pull away. I saw most of the second half of the game. So your National Champion on Monday will be either the ACC's Duke or the Big Ten's Wisconsin.

All congratulations to Kentucky on a fine season. Sadly... it's over. Nothing you can do about it (except remember the good times, of course).

Well, I did get the Final perfect in my bracket. Perfectly wrong, that is :lol: Well, props to Wisconsin. They played one hell of a game. I'll be rooting for them in the final.

Sorry for your loss @Jordan and @FoolKiller . The two games I watched today were some of the worst basketball I've seen all year. I don't remember college basketball being that bad.

Think of it this way, your perfect season will go down in history in third world countries with the Patriots perfect season and the Bills 4 straight Super Bowls

Another terrible performance by UK in the tournament, play like garbage when it matters most :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Undefeated was always a pipe dream anyway... at least we lost to Wisconsin and not Duke. I'll probably be playing GT6 Monday night; I really don't care who wins the tournament now.

You sure about that :lol:

You really want to start that 🤬 again? Keep pushing me. I wasn't even going to post here, but once again, you've dragged me into something.

You really want to start that 🤬 again? Keep pushing me. I wasn't even going to post here, but once again, you've dragged me into something.
I didn't say it because it was you, I said it because it was a Kentucky fan that posted it. Had it been any other fans of the Wildcats who posted that, I would have quoted them and said the same exact thing

Don't start getting all aggravated over sports trash talk. It's sports.

Now, I am going to go cry myself to sleep so I can get up in time to see my daughter's face when she sees what the Easter Bunny brought.

Yes, I'm in physical pain after that loss. I was there in the stadium and watched it all. Wisconsin is an outstanding team and I hope they win it all, but the officiating and ridiculously bad calls (against both sides) ruined the game.

Las Vegas stood to lose millions if Kentucky went undefeated. I hate conspiracy theories, but it's hard not to be suspicious after this.

Yeah, didn't think about that, @Jordan. How many cats fans always bet on an undefeated year? That could have been quite a stimulus for the state of Kentucky. :lol:

I think UK could have had a better shot at winning had their players jumped as high as Coach Cal did all throughout the game.

According to a Wall post on CBS Sports or CBS Sports Network (I think the former) on Facebook, some saddened U. of Kentucky fans took the streets of Lexington and rioted after Kentucky's defeat. Sore losers, much? Almost as if it was UK's destiny to be undefeated to some people. As they say... win with class, lose with class. No need to riot.

According to a Wall post on CBS Sports or CBS Sports Network (I think the former) on Facebook, some saddened U. of Kentucky fans took the streets of Lexington and rioted after Kentucky's defeat. Sore losers, much? Almost as if it was UK's destiny to be undefeated to some people. As they say... win with class, lose with class. No need to riot.
That's a cheap shot, John, and a sensationalist article (I've seen it) from a media organization which has enjoyed rich profits from this team's run. The street in question is a wild row of college houses that would have gone crazy, win or lose. Mix a lot of alcohol with underage kids and one of the most painful, heartbreaking losses in our proud program's history and yes, things are going to get a little rowdy.

That's a cheap shot, John, and a sensationalist article (I've seen it) from a media organization which has enjoyed rich profits from this team's run. The street in question is a wild row of college houses that would have gone crazy, win or lose. Mix a lot of alcohol with underage kids and one of the most painful, heartbreaking losses in our proud program's history and yes, things are going to get a little rowdy.

As a student of the university I've heard rumors that our President is considering the legalization of alcohol on campus (It's currently banned for anyone, including those over 21). While it still wouldn't be legal for underage students, it would be much easier to acquire it. If I hear that the President is officially considering it I'm going to petition against the change in policy- it'll just make State Street an even bigger mess than it already is.

When is State Street not rowdy on a Saturday night?

I have a sneaking suspicion that it is given leniency to keep the craziness off of S. Limestone.

In Tampa Bay for the Women's National Championship in NCAA Division 1 women's basketball, it is Connecticut vs. Notre Dame to be played on Tuesday. All #1 seeds from this season battled it out to come down to only two. That game is tomorrow night.

Tonight, though, it's Wisconsin vs. Duke to determine the men's National Champion in Indianapolis.

All congratulations to the National Champions in both the men's and women's tournaments.

And your NCAA Division 1 Men's Basketball National Champion, by a score of 68-63 is...

...Duke University!

Congratulations to Duke on a great season.

That should've been out on Duke, but It didn't matter with that 3 by Tyus Jones.

While my bracket was completely busted the Champion was right. :lol:

Back