College Football 2011 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 422 comments
Very interesting someone puts in a racing reference in a college football thread. :) Anyhow, how about 56 points combined by both Wisconsin and Oregon as it was 28-28 in the first half of the Rose Bowl? I've only seen the first half.

I want to salute South Carolina for their Bowl win while I'm at it.

Going to bed soon, but the Rose Bowl didn't turn out how I wanted. I love both teams in the Fiesta Bowl, so hopefully Weeden or Luck has a very happy ending to their college careers :). I also like both teams playing tomorrow in the Orange Bowl, but the picks for the Sugar Bowl were complete crap. There were 5 more deserving teams than either of the participants in that game. Anyway, go Hokies, you should get Robinson's average of about 5 picks a game! Just kidding, all in good fun when we're still in the meaningless games. For next Monday, all I want is for the Honey Badger and his Tigers to take the Coaches' Trophy back to Baton Rouge, I'm tired of Saban winning. Happy football fellas, I'm sad to see it go!

Have some Sugar on hand- we got the Sugar Bowl match between Michigan and Virginia Tech in New Orleans. It should be a pretty good matchup between two powerhouse programs.

Congratulations to Michigan on taking down Virginia Tech last night in New Orleans in Overtime. I think it was a 23-20 victory for the blue and maize.

Get orange, because we got the Orange Bowl tonight between West Virginia and Clemson. Clemson, who wears orange to begin with, will try to take down the blue and gold boys from WVU. Who'll get the win tonight? We shall see.

Congratulations to Michigan on taking down Virginia Tech last night in New Orleans in Overtime. I think it was a 23-20 victory for the blue and maize.

Get orange, because we got the Orange Bowl tonight between West Virginia and Clemson. Clemson, who wears orange to begin with, will try to take down the blue and gold boys from WVU. Who'll get the win tonight? We shall see.
I hope its Clemson. I may be a Big East Supporter but due to all of the bull that WVU has brought the conference (its a problem on both sides, but at least other members who are already pulling out in Syracuse and Pittsburgh have the decency to wait the required time and don't cry wolf) I would be more than pleased to see them lose this game.

I checked into the game, and as of this post... it's #23 West Virginia leading #15 Clemson 63-20 with 8:11 left in the Third Quarter. OUCH!!! if you're a Clemson fan. I'm watching my Houston Rockets of the NBA fail at the Clippers, but this fail job by the Clemson Tigers is damned embarrassing.

When I last heard from this game before now it was 21-17 WVU. I did not anticipate 58 points to be scored over the next 2 and a half quarters and have WVU score 49 of them. Does the ACC just shrivel up in Bowl games?

I guess if you're trying to say, "burn in Hell, Big East!", then winning 70-33 over Clemson in the Orange Bowl is not a bad way to do so. I was cracking up when I read this tweet on Twitter that someone made:

"College football fans, please call in with donations, aid, or any other help you can provide the Clemson defense. Call 1-800-3-and-out."

Clemson was looking great earlier this season. Since losing, they've just fallen apart. This loss in the Orange Bowl basically was the dagger to Clemson's heart. Wearing Orange for the Orange Bowl probably didn't help. So far, this has been the most non-competitive of the BCS Bowl games.

The big one still remains- LSU vs. Alabama on this coming Monday Night in New Orleans. Let's hope this one is as competitive as the other BCS Bowl Games...

I guess if you're trying to say, "burn in Hell, Big East!", then winning 70-33 over Clemson in the Orange Bowl is not a bad way to do so. I was cracking up when I read this tweet on Twitter that someone made:

"College football fans, please call in with donations, aid, or any other help you can provide the Clemson defense. Call 1-800-3-and-out."

Clemson was looking great earlier this season. Since losing, they've just fallen apart. This loss in the Orange Bowl basically was the dagger to Clemson's heart. Wearing Orange for the Orange Bowl probably didn't help. So far, this has been the most non-competitive of the BCS Bowl games.

The big one still remains- LSU vs. Alabama on this coming Monday Night in New Orleans. Let's hope this one is as competitive as the other BCS Bowl Games...

The sad thing was is that everyone was stating that WV didn't belong in this bowl game. I think after last night everyone is asking if Clemson belonged.

Between now and Monday, each day will feature a Bowl game. There is even the FCS Championship game between unbeaten Sam Houston State vs. North Dakota State this Saturday.

Enjoy your college football!

North Dakota State is your 2011 FCS National Champions. My (other) beloved Sam Houston State Bearkats failed badly in the second half. The Bison of NDSU won 17-6.

Elsewhere, SMU won 28-6 over Pittsburgh in the BBVA Compass Bowl in Birmingham, AL. Mustangs all over the Pitt Panthers. Shame.

JohnBM01
North Dakota State is your 2011 FCS National Champions. My (other) beloved Sam Houston State Bearkats failed badly in the second half. The Bison of NDSU won 17-6.
Being I work at NDSU now, I should chime in and say awesome job, Bison! :D

Wisconsin-Whitewater. Pittsburg State. North Dakota State. Who will win the National Championship in the NCAA FBS ranks? LSU vs. Alabama in New Orleans TONIGHT!

Best of luck to both teams.

It's 9-0 in favor of #2 Alabama so far. Have to wonder if any "Geaux Tigers!" magic will come up for the Second Half.

Five field goals, one touchdown, and a shanked extra point. Alabama won 21-0 over LSU. So how about a Rubber Game to determine who should REALLY win between these two? :) 'Bama wins the title!

Boy, do I hate Alabama. All I can hope for now is a split title between Alabama and OK State/LSU.

Last edited:
RG3 is going pro. He will not return to Baylor and will declare for the NFL Draft. I do hope all of the ones going pro have great pro careers, should they play professionally.

Congrats to 'Bama and Nick Saban on winning the BCS National Championship. :cheers:

What happened to LSU ? This could not have been the same team that went 8-0 in conference play and 13-0 overall. Was the 'Bama defense that good to shut them down the way they did ? I think so. Yikes, LSU never crossed the midfield mark until around 7:30 to go in the 4th qtr.

Alabama - 384 total yards
LSU - 92 total yards

Alabama - 234 passing yards
LSU - 53 passing yards

Alabama - 150 rushing yards
LSU - 39 rushing yards

Alabama - 21 1st downs
LSU - 5 1st downs

Looks like dominance to me.

Congrats to 'Bama and Nick Saban on winning the BCS National Championship. :cheers:

What happened to LSU ? This could not have been the same team that went 8-0 in conference play and 13-0 overall. Was the 'Bama defense that good to shut them down the way they did ? I think so. Yikes, LSU never crossed the midfield mark until around 7:30 to go in the 4th qtr.

Alabama - 384 total yards
LSU - 92 total yards

Alabama - 234 passing yards
LSU - 53 passing yards

Alabama - 150 rushing yards
LSU - 39 rushing yards

Alabama - 21 1st downs
LSU - 5 1st downs

Looks like dominance to me.

Thanks for rubbing it in.:grumpy:

Thanks for rubbing it in.:grumpy:

:lol: , OOOOPS, so sorry. It was not meant as a "rub in". I still am trying to figure this game out. It's crazy. :crazy:. I honestly thought that at any given moment LSU would strike back.

The weird thing about the end of this season is that there isn't any debate at season's end, unlike previous years. There wasn't really any serious debate about who belonged in the title match, there weren't any undefeated teams that didn't get a BCS title shot, and the title game's loser was originally thought of as the best team in college football, so there was no argument about who belonged in the title discussion. There was a major upset, records set, and the winner hadn't even won their conference, yet nobody has been screaming for playoffs, this time around.

So this is either the best or worst year of college football in a long time, depending on your point of view...

The weird thing about the end of this season is that there isn't any debate at season's end, unlike previous years. There wasn't really any serious debate about who belonged in the title match, there weren't any undefeated teams that didn't get a BCS title shot, and the title game's loser was originally thought of as the best team in college football, so there was no argument about who belonged in the title discussion. There was a major upset, records set, and the winner hadn't even won their conference, yet nobody has been screaming for playoffs, this time around.

So this is either the best or worst year of college football in a long time, depending on your point of view...

Oh no, there will be screaming for playoffs. Note the conference leader that was screaming for it had swept the title game and would get a championship no matter what. He only will want it now so another conference isn't so lucky to be in his spot.

Greed.

Nicksfix
:lol: , OOOOPS, so sorry. It was not meant as a "rub in". I still am trying to figure this game out. It's crazy. :crazy:. I honestly thought that at any given moment LSU would strike back.

No worries man. I'm just still kind of shocked at the outcome.

Back