College Football: 2014 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 245 comments
If you wanted Jameis Winston suspended for a full game, your wish was granted. Florida State's Heisman-winning QB will not play in the game against Clemson. You can bet all Hell will break loose if Clemson ends up beating Florida State this weekend. Florida State went into Clemson and demolished the Tigers at Clemson last season. Imagine what would happen if Clemson returned the favor at Florida State with no Jameis Winston under center for the Seminoles.

Clemson at Florida State just got more interesting...

Jameis is a ****ing moron. He got suspended right in the *****

Well, it wasn't a shock at all, but Michigan State just destroyed Eastern Michigan with a 73-14 victory. Then again, the Big 10 only looks good when playing against MAC teams so it wasn't remotely a worthwhile victory for the Spartans.

Rutgers won against Navy 31-24. If they didn't collapse vs. Penn State they'd be ranked now.

Here are some random musings. Actually, I posted these musings in my Facebook profile...

* Old Dominion beat Rice 45-42 at Rice.
* Mississippi State beats No. 8 Louisiana State University 34-29 at LSU.
* Utah beat Michigan 26-10 at Michigan.
* Indiana upset No. 18 Missouri 31-27 at Missouri.
* Northwestern State beat Louisiana Tech 30-27 at Louisiana Tech.
* Georgia Southern beat down the University of South Alabama 28-6 at USA.

I saw the first half of Georgia Tech at Virginia Tech today. I saw most of the second half of Florida at Alabama at a restaurant.

Congratulations to all winners from Saturday. College football. Got to love it.

All sins forgiven... at least for now. Florida State won in Overtime last night 23-17 hosting Clemson. In a way, part of me wanted Clemson to win to serve a lesson to J. Winston. Clemson, though, wanted to roll the dice and try to convert a 4th and 2 (or 4th and 1) in Overtime. Didn't work. So the Seminoles escaped last night with a win.

No matter how good you think you are, you are only as good as others in your conference. This weekend marks many teams engaging in conference play. Tonight sees UCLA head into Tempe to battle the Arizona State Sun Devils. Time to start up another great week of college football.

Good luck to all your teams.

I'm probably not going to watch Michigan much for the rest of the year since they (along with the Big 10) suck badly. I might watch UCLA vs ASU since my sister got her Master's at Arizona State, but it'll depend on how good the NYG/Washington Redskins game is.

Heads up! Two games on right now as of this post are Texas Tech at Oklahoma State and Appalachian State at Georgia Southern. On deck in NCAA Division 2 is Missouri Western State at Lindenwood. I didn't know Georgia Southern joined the NCAA FBS ranks. They're in the Sun Belt.

Enjoy some college football this weekend.

I just turned on the UCLA/ASU game, and holy hell, I missed half of what appears to be an offensive thriller!
EDIT: Well, it was a game when I turned it on. Now it really isn't much of a game.:lol:

Last edited:
There is a LOT of action to take in this weekend. Among a lot of others:

* Florida State at North Carolina State
* Duke at Miami
* Notre Dame vs. Syracuse (East Rutherford, NJ)
* Minnesota at Michigan
* Stanford at Washington
* Baylor at Iowa State
* Tennessee at Georgia

Meaning... your Saturday will be quite loaded. Enjoy this weekend's games! Good luck to all of your team(s) this weekend.

Michigan should seriously consider a new head coach. Losing to Jerry Kill's Minnesota team that he's still rebuilding is bad enough, but losing 30-14 along with a botched benching that happened too late (QB took a shot to the head and wasn't pulled until a drive later) means that Brady Hoke could very well be at the end of his tenure as head coach of the Wolverines.

Here are a few things to take away from this past weekend:

* Michigan gets smacked at home by Minnesota. This is the first time in the 135 year history of Michigan football that the team has racked up three losses in September. They say there's a first time for everything. Well, this is a very sad break for one of the premier college football programs in history. I'm pretty sure the head coach's hot seat is hotter than Dubai in the daytime.

* Charlie Weis was fired from his coaching position at Kansas. Been some sad times

* By losing 29-6 at home, Penn State suffered their biggest home loss since 2001 when the Northwestern Wildcats beat down the Nittany Lions.

* Yale beat Army in Overtime. This is the first Ivy League win over an NCAA FBS opponent since 1986.

* Kentucky won 17-7 at home against Vanderbilt. It was the first SEC win in well over a year. I think it was some time in late in 2012 when the Wildcats last won a game in the SEC.

Those are among a number of different notes from this past week of college football.

[UPDATE] First Ivy League win over an FBS opponent since 1986, not the first for Yale since then. I made that change.

Last edited:
This past weekend, I was impressed with Texas A&M preventing getting upset by Arkansas. It almost sort of seems like Texas A&M has gotten better the past few years once out of the shadow of the Texas Longhorns.

I've been real concerned over how Michigan handled their dazed quarterback. Lot of the sports shows talked about how this was all handled. In case you haven't followed Michigan Wolverines football lately... they haven't exactly been a ballin' program as of late. In fact, they are 1-2 and just lost this past Saturday to their Little Brown Jug rivals- Minnesota. It doesn't seem like Brady Hoke's hotseat is going to get iced down unless Michigan rediscovers their form and their past glory. Some even think Brady Hoke has to go.

Plenty to digest from this past weekend. Has anything surprised you so far this season? What teams or players do you think are underrated so far?

Apart from the Hoke fiasco (I think he should be fired for that), the Mizzou (Missouri)/ South Carolina game was a real thriller. That was probably my favorite game of the week.

Apart from the Hoke fiasco (I think he should be fired for that), the Mizzou (Missouri)/ South Carolina game was a real thriller. That was probably my favorite game of the week.
This week you play Rutgers, and somehow you are the underdog :eek:.

Lot of games to get excited about this weekend. Among others, Stanford at Notre Dame. So go enjoy some college football.

Good luck to all of your teams this weekend.

DOWN GOES OREGON!

Last night, it was Arizona that went up to the University of Oregon and stunned the No. 2-ranked Ducks 31-24. The Quack Attack didn't have enough to shut down the Arizona Wildcats.

On a different note, let me say something I rarely do- I actually went to a game. I was in the house at TDECU Stadium last night to watch my beloved Houston Cougars take on the Golden Knights of the University of Central Florida. Houston ALMOST won. The QB was stretching out to a touchdown late in the game, but he ended up fumbling the ball as it crossed the plane, resulting in a touchback. This game, like Arizona at Oregon, was televised on ESPN. We ended up losing 17-12. But on a better note, the stadium is fabulous! I actually enjoyed my time there.

What do Alabama, Texas A & M, Oregon, and Oklahoma have in common? Well for one, they where ranked in the top 10 this week, but they have this all in common... they all lost in the last few days. If Auburn loses (Its 24 to 7 over LSU very early 2nd quarter as I write this), can someone look up when the last time that half of the top 10 teams in college football lost all on the same week. Congrats to whole state of Mississippi, you have two perfect teams right now. :D

Let me pop in here to post a few musings.

* GREAT day if you're a fan of Mississippi or Mississippi State. The Egg Bowl rivals won their respective games- Ole Miss upset No. 3 Alabama, and No. 12 Mississippi State beat up No. 6 Texas A&M. Both games by both MS schools played at Ole Miss and Mississippi State respectively.

* TCU stunned No. 4 Oklahoma 37-33 in Fort Worth.

* No. 14(?) Stanford lost 17-14 at No. 9 Notre Dame.

* No. 7 Baylor ran over the Texas Longhorns 28-7 in Austin.

* THE Ohio State University whacked THE University of Maryland 52-24.

* Northwestern. Doin' work. They upset No. 17 Wisconsin 20-14 today in Evanston, IL.

* Back on Friday, Utah State stunned No. 18 BYU at BYU. Great win for the Aggies of USU.

* Fordham University ran over Lafayette College 42-18 back on Friday in a game televised on CBS Sports Network. The game was at Fordham. I'm sure this news will please our Blitz24.

Plenty more action coming up, including Nebraska at Michigan State on deck. Hope you all are enjoying the insanity only college football can provide.

Watching Bama lose was classic. My mom was rooting for the Crimson Tide, but my dad and I were both pulling for Ole Miss. Her reaction to the loss (especially the interception that sealed it) was priceless. :lol:

Rutgers holds on to defeat Michigan 26-24 on a blocked field goal with 3 minutes left. That is Rutgers 40th (!) blocked kick in the past 5 years.

Damn. I wish that Nebraska could have finished the comeback on Michigan State......
Oh, and I just found this. This is the top 25 before this week, and the teams with the red lines lost this week. This week was a bad week to be ranked.
10710735_950645451620964_5954671660381891266_n.jpg

Rutgers plays OSU next week. 99% sure they will lose, but if it's close it will change how their season out look is ROS.

Back