Complete Guide/Rewards - Lewis Hamilton Time Attack Challenge

• Thread starter mclarenLB
  • 686 comments
Well I thought I would get the diamonds a tad easier tbh.. but these tests are no way near easy to beat all 10 of Hamilton's laps and making me work some haha :D I'm 8 out of 10 diamonds so far and only .2 off at Suzuka and .1 off at Willow for the 100 mill payday and you don't really want to know how many times I have been ahead to stuff it on both of these combo's :crazy:

Top marks to PD for releasing these to us all.. I've enjoyed plugging away at these to collect the unicorns and those last couple of tenths are gonna give me a collection like Jay Leno :lol:👍 will try some more attempts at the last 2 tomorrow 👍

Good Luck to all still chipping away at these :cheers:

I'm at two Diamonds. I started with Dragon Trail and planned to get them in order, but since everyone was saying that the Big Willow is by far the hardest, I wanted to get it out of the way first.

Anyway, if anyone is struggling with gamepad, this is how I did it.
All assists off, except ABS (weak at DT) (default at WS with 2 towards rear)

I don't think DT is that hard. This track is all about the hairpin before the chicane and the dreaded chicane of death. I was always averaging -0.3s in the first two sectors and met my end at the chicane. Once I had a perfect run through the chicane, I got the time which was very close (you can see the previous best), and the next time I got the Diamond. I think I can get much better time here because my run through the first two sectors was bellow my average, but I don't really care to improve it.
I gain a lot on him at the S curves because I think I have a better line than him and better throttle management through there. And that wasn't one of my best runs.
And the chicane of death... The best advice I have is that you can start turning left earlier than you think since it is basically a blind entry.

For this, the most important for me were the first three turns. You have to nail them perfectly or restart. And the final turn was a little bit of a hail mary entry since I was behind so I tried to shorten it as much as possible and somehow survived.
You can imagine how I felt after the last turn at as the gap started to shrink, lol. Tense stuff.

Last edited:
Who was it on stage with us beating all the other "am" drivers and sending @F4H Super GT into the barrier before Bruxelles? It looked a lot like Lewis...

He said he spends winter alternating between skiing in the day and playing GT at home - with a couple of rigs already and two more going in at the moment. I don't have any particular reason to disbelieve that statement.

He also didn't say he only took two or three tries to set these times. Quite the opposite, in fact...

Thanks for the reply, but Im still skeptical :D, Im sure he knows sim racing (he did one video with Kaz), somehow I don't believe he did them all...one of those too good to be true things for me

Questioning if these times are set by himself or not sounds extremly childish for me, Kindergarten-ageish even. Why the hell should he ever lower himself for that kind of fake??? And imagine the risk of being exposed by the ones who would heve been neccasary involved.

he's a brilliant driver but every interview i see of him makes me cringe
Im a skeptic...not in kindergarten, and free to having an opinion:cheers:
I bought the DLC and am having fun with it, I just don't think he's that into video games

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, so apparently the whole reason this was a paid DLC was so we could line Lewis' pockets. But now that same person is in here saying they don't believe he set those times.

FOH

Lewis himself wouldnt give a crap... he's the greatest ever whether you or I like it and makes what? $30 mil. a year? His management company would care though and I thinK Hamilton would have enjoyed making these times on his ps4.

I beleive he set those times... he could have set faster and really nailed in the coffin.

That’s random but:

View attachment 870900

When you’re so rich the game can’t quantify your wealth :lol: UNKNOWN!

And I wish you could run sector time trials too. It would help so much as it’s easy to master the first sector then bin it as you’ve barely practiced the remain sectors. Just complete laps even though you’re down on the target time. I wish they’d bring back the white line on track we had in GT5 or GT6 as an alternative to the ghost! It was very fun as you could put more than one and compare with friends in real time.
Yeah, that makes it really frustrating. You might have nailed the first sector but then you're like, how do I keep this speed up? When you repeatedly do your runs, you end up driving in the first sector more than any other.

I cannot get this damn Merc to rotate :(

How do you guys get this right? So far Gold for Monza and Nordschleife. Everything else silver...

This is seriously freaking hard xD

Well I thought I would get the diamonds a tad easier tbh.. but these tests are no way near easy to beat all 10 of Hamilton's laps and making me work some haha :D I'm 8 out of 10 diamonds so far and only .2 off at Suzuka and .1 off at Willow for the 100 mill payday and you don't really want to know how many times I have been ahead to stuff it on both of these combo's :crazy:

Top marks to PD for releasing these to us all.. I've enjoyed plugging away at these to collect the unicorns and those last couple of tenths are gonna give me a collection like Jay Leno :lol:👍 will try some more attempts at the last 2 tomorrow 👍

Good Luck to all still chipping away at these :cheers:

Unlike you not to nail Suzuka, Ron... good luck mate!

This even has brought out some 'old' faces! :cheers:

I cannot get this damn Merc to rotate :(

How do you guys get this right? So far Gold for Monza and Nordschleife. Everything else silver...

This is seriously freaking hard xD

I've only tried Dragon Trail (Diamond) and Willow (Gold). So far its been helpful to turn off Lewis' ghost after a few laps and use the delta as a reference. His version of the car handles differently, and if you are trying to match his lines it's more difficult. Then I switch it back on occasionally and compare visually where I gain and lose time.

Any tips you guys can share on Nurburgring GP? I am hitting a wall and don't know where to find time. I just can't improve atm. I am low 56 high 55 but ran lap after lap and they all are around the same time. Simply don't know where to find those extra tenths. Different lines, earlier on power or other gears? Feel lost at this track. By far the hardest of any I encountered so far.

Any help is appreciated 👍

Any tips you guys can share on Nurburgring GP? I am hitting a wall and don't know where to find time. I just can't improve atm. I am low 56 high 55 but ran lap after lap and they all are around the same time. Simply don't know where to find those extra tenths. Different lines, earlier on power or other gears? Feel lost at this track. By far the hardest of any I encountered so far.

Any help is appreciated 👍

Feels like spam to quote my own post but this shows the track limits at the chicane, there is lots of time to gain there. Otherwise BB to the rear to help turn in but more neutral for the heavy downhill braking and rallycross so the car is more stable.

Here is my diamond lap on a controller, most of the time comes through cutting the chicane (all the curb in the left and about as far as the bollard on the right). I used BB +4 for the middle sector and +2 for the offroad section and stadium complex where you are braking downhill so the car is more settled.

I'm doing the tracks in the order they are in the game and right now I'm only focusing on getting golds because I'm really in it just for the 100 Mil. I have no need to beat Lewis in a video game. Also, the car understeers like a mother:censored:. What the hell? Anyway, so far getting golds has been surprisingly easy even with this POS car. I've "golded" DTS in 3 laps, Lago Maggiore in 2 and Brands Hatch in 3. But now I'm stuck hard at Willow Springs. I've hated that track since I did my first lap around it and therefore I haven't done many laps there and therefore I suck hard. T3, 4 and 5 are a nightmare in this car. I'm so slow through there (+0.2s going in, +0.8s coming out). And watching LH's lap doesn't really help because I can never be so freaking smooth as he is. I knew Willow was going to be a challenge but I'm definitely gonna get drunk even for getting gold there. :lol: I don't see me beating LH's time in a million years. Also the gold times have so far been more than 1s from LH's but at WS it's only 0.7s. Why? Well, to sum it up. I just wanted to say "I HATE YOU!!!" to PD for putting Willow Springs in this challenge. :lol: :mad:

Last edited:
I used the last 3 days to have another go on all 10 challenges. :crazy:
Instead of only trying to get all diamonds on my second account I wanted to reach my personal limit on every combo.
Not only to know how far I can go, but also to help other who think they reached a wall, so they can see where they can gain time on Hamiltons ghost.
This should be a simple guide for all struggling with gold or diamond on different tracks. :cheers:
Willow and Brands Hatch are the hardest to outperform Hamilton I only got the diamonds by 0,1-0,2 sec but on all other tracks I achieved a gap between 0,4-1 sec. ( 6 sec. on the Nordschleife). Most laps where not perfect yet and I think it would be possible for me to go 2-3 tenths faster on most tracks with a perfect run apart from Willow and Interlagos. ;)
For example I lost about 2 tenths before the straight on Nürburgring GP but still made it because of a perfect line through the chicane.

Maybe I will work on some more detailed guide if there's demand for that. But for now this was my last video about the Hamilton DLC. 👍

All diamonds done finally.
Willow springs was my mount Everest this time , i needed around 10 hours to perform a 1.11.272
After checking videos from people like ,Igor Fraga , Nik Makozi , Kie 25 , i have learnt a lot about this track that was one of my weakest point.

For me this is what the DLC is all about, gaining confidence at each individuals weaker tracks. For me that was the Nordsleife that took a good 4 hours + to get the gold time. However it's given me the confidence to actually try Daily Race C whereas before I wouldn't go anywhere near it. For the first time ever I actually feel like I know the track, know where I am and have an idea of how to take each corner, although the section after the carousel is still a weaker area for me.

I'm finally on 2 diamonds having just got Dragon Trail. I found that seriously tough as after I don't know how many attempts not on a single occasion would I come out of the chicane gaining time on Lewis. I'd then always lose a further tenth in the last corner. My only hope was to build up a "lead" before the chicane that would be big enough to stay ahead by the finish line, which I finally did by less than a tenth :lol:

The biggest learning I've taken from this is to really focus on corner exit speed. In so many corner that's where you gain time on Lewis. Trying to out brake him is a fools errand as you slide through the apex and sacrifice exit speed as a result. Slow in fast out for the win!

Feels like spam to quote my own post but this shows the track limits at the chicane, there is lots of time to gain there. Otherwise BB to the rear to help turn in but more neutral for the heavy downhill braking and rallycross so the car is more stable.

Have tried the brake bias to the back but it only makes it worse. The car is even more slidy and it absolutely doesn't fit my driving style. I am even a couple of tenths slower that with my normal brake bias towards -3 or -4. Everytime I am already 4 to 6 tenths behind before I even reach the hairpin. I found Brands Hatch a walk in the park compared to this one.

I used the last 3 days to have another go on all 10 challenges. :crazy:
Instead of only trying to get all diamonds on my second account I wanted to reach my personal limit on every combo.
Not only to know how far I can go, but also to help other who think they reached a wall, so they can see where they can gain time on Hamiltons ghost.
This should be a simple guide for all struggling with gold or diamond on different tracks. :cheers:
Willow and Brands Hatch are the hardest to outperform Hamilton I only got the diamonds by 0,1-0,2 sec but on all other tracks I achieved a gap between 0,4-1 sec. ( 6 sec. on the Nordschleife). Most laps where not perfect yet and I think it would be possible for me to go 2-3 tenths faster on most tracks with a perfect run apart from Willow and Interlagos. ;)
For example I lost about 2 tenths before the straight on Nürburgring GP but still made it because of a perfect line through the chicane.

Maybe I will work on some more detailed guide if there's demand for that. But for now this was my last video about the Hamilton DLC. 👍

Have looked at your run at the Nurb as well. Same issue. Your braking points seem on par with mine but somehow you simple get an proper run where I miserably fail ever single time.

I think I put Nurb aside for the moment since it starts to really get on my nerve. By far the hardest challenge I have to deal with up until now.

I invested an unhealthy amount of time into Big Willow, but last night, I finally got diamond in it.

One of the things I got curious about was how I rated the difficulty in all of the challenges, versus OP. There are some I agree on, some where I had an easier time, and some where I was stuck through hell and back, trying to get diamond struggling quite a bit. I rated mine on the scale of: Easy, Medium, Hard, Extreme, Dark Souls.
1. Seaside: Medium
Since this is the first challenge, the "first" challenge was to get used to the car. Its BOP is off, you have to handle it a bit differently than when it has BOP on. There are many areas where I was able to get a better exit than him. Other than that, don't let the Chicane of Death collect your soul, and you're a-okay.

2. Maggiore: Hard
Continuing on the first note from the first challenge, I found myself fighting more with the car than fighting with LH's ghost. However, because the track limits here are so lax, you have plenty of opportunities to build a gap on him. What made me rate this as Hard is how there are some turns where it's very awkward to take with this car, which can result in LH gaining on you.

3. Brands Hatch: Extreme
This one took quite a while for me to do. Getting the car to quickly rotate around the turns is really hard, and there are many areas where LH can easily can gain on you. This one took me about 4 hours to get diamond on.

4. Big Willow: Dark Souls
Where do I begin with this one. This one is like being sent to eternal punishment by an ancient Greek god. This one stressed me out so much, I blame it for getting me sick (I still am as I type this). On all but one turn, he is gaining on you. In my experience, YOU HAVE TO gain on him and get as close to/pass him at and just after turn 4 (image for reference). Turn 5, he nails that turn, and depending on how you take it, he is either barely gaining on you, or he is leaving you behind. Final turn, you have to absolutely get it right, so you have to try to get it in a way to where he is barely gaining on you. This challenge took me a total time of 24 HOURS to complete. Good luck, and may the odds be ever in your favor.

5. Suzuka: Extreme
Suzuka is one of my weak tracks. There are a few turns (the last two that lead to the hairpin) where he nails it, so you want to try to be ahead of him before those turns. LH is slow at the hairpin and 130R, so you can gain on him there.

6. Monza: Easy
In all but 2-3 turns, you can have LH eat your dust. You can easily start to gap him as early as the first chicane.

7. Mt. Panorama: Hard
There are some areas where LH is slow, but I think the main problem is that this track itself is hard, especially the downhill part. I changed my brake balance for different parts of the track, and it seemed to help me. Going uphill, I was on +2, and when you are on top of the hill, go -1 before you go downhill for a bit more stability. Then when you are on the bottom of the hill, go +2 again.

8. Interlagos: Easy
This one didn't take me that many tries to nail. There are a few turns where you can take advantage of the curbs. LH is also slow on some of the turns, so you can gain on him there.

9. Nurburgring GP: Extreme
LH is pretty good here. I tried to stay as close to him as possible, as you'll catch up to AND pass him at the final chicane. You can easily take advantage of the curbs at the final chicane, and all you have to worry about is not messing up the final turn.

10. Nordschleife: Extreme
This one is more of a Hard for me, but for some, they may find it Extreme, or even Dark Souls. Unlike the other 9 challenges, you're in the Sauber (BOP off), and oh gosh, this thing is INSANE. When on 2nd gear, you cannot turn if you go full throttle, or you will spin out.
You'll be fighting with this car quite a bit, and if you don't know the track too well, you're going to struggle a bit. There are many areas where LH is a bit slower, so it's definitely possible to get quite a bit ahead of him (we're talking at least 1 second ahead of him). It's just that you're going to spend more time fighting with the car, than fighting against his ghost.

Very pleased so far. Got 7 Diamonds with just Willow, Suzuka and Nordschleife to go.

Maggiore was very difficult to me until I went full GTSport mind and abused the track limits at the esses to pull 0.5s ahead.

Bathurst took me ages to even get a comfortable Gold as I was just losing time without knowing why, but I just put in another 45 minutes and got there, even with a bad final turn.

Nurburgring has probably taken me the longest so far, and Brands I actually found fairly easy for me. I think I'm just used to Brands enough to understand how to take the kerbs

I find those time trials mostly hard and frustrating mostly due to the difference in physics and the huge understeer we have that Lewis hasn't. We're asked to beat a 6 time champ... with a handicap !!

So It's not a surprise that the most difficult trial is Willow, were you have to maintain a very high speed through never ending corners.

I'm quite frustrated that to beat those times you have to find TRICKS and were to CUT to compensate. I'd really like we have a patch on the physics to reduce that hell of understeer.

I miss 3 diamonds for now, as in my last post. I didn't try Suzuka nor Nurb GP again, and I won't till I manage Willow. I miss 0,17s here. Jesus. If I succeed, I know I'll beat the Nurb GP TT by cutting the chicane, and I'll just have to be clean and relaxed at Suzuka (+0,1s).

The question is : by the time I've got the 100M, GT7 Remaster will hit platinum on Playstation 6

Yes, it's not even a question.

Quite frustrating this willow event.. it's my last one to do and just spent an hour on it and still no diamond! knowing that such a small amount of time stands between me and all those lovely credits aaaarrggghhh!!!! :ouch:👍

Fortunately as stubborn as I am... only the grim reaper could stop me going back every day until I nail it :D:tup:

And on the other side of the coin, here's a B-rated driver trying to chase Lewis.

GT back to it's infuriating, frustrating best!

Your experience at Brands Hatch was very similar to mine, though I would say that I have slightly more spin-outs due to driving off the tarmac and/or 2nd gear acceleration mishaps.:ill::guilty:

Yesterday, after about 75 miles, I was very close to getting the Gold since I was sitting on a 1:24.180 time.:banghead:
Today, I put in another 75 miles at Brands Hatch and the game took pity on me and finally gave me the Gold Trophy once I ran a 1:23.891 time!!:):)

49169913786_6d6b16bc88_k.jpg

I was also able to obtain the Gold Trophy at Dragon Trail Seaside today with a time of 1:37.804:), but it took me a full 150 miles since I seem to have a tendency to hit the walls when trying to carry any speed thru the chicane-of-death.:ouch::dopey:

49169247601_12d98b7b58_k.jpg

A big thank you to everyone who has posted tips in the thread about how to drive these tracks.:drool: I usually need all the tips there are to achieve decent laps, so everyone's comments are most appreciated.:cheers:

Funny thing almost all my diamonds are done with only a few MILLIseconds ahead :D It was never my best laps that allowed me to make it, sometimes I know I'm badly starting the lap but I pursue just to train, and then boom, diamond :D

Same thing for me haha! I’ll crunch the numbers to get the gaps to Lewis for each track. It was incredibly frustrating to fall short by thousands on so many occasions.

Back