Complete Guide/Rewards - Lewis Hamilton Time Attack Challenge

• Thread starter mclarenLB
  • 686 comments
Many people here have said that Interlagos is easy. Nope. It's the most difficult one that I've done so far! I wasted 3 hours last night trying to beat the time, after spending over an hour last week! The track is extremely painful for a controller user as there are some really tight switch backs. I managed to beat Hamilton's time by 0.001 seconds. And that was with the ghost turned off!

Let me rank the five I've done so far:
Interlagos
Brands Hatch
Dragon Trail
Maggiore
Monza

Struggling to even get gold at Bathurst caused me to re-visit the circuit experience there. Wow, that 650S is just so much nicer to drive than the AMG. At least I seem to have learned the track a bit better by doing the LH TT, as I fairly quickly took 5 seconds off my previous circuit experience time.

1:11.215 GUYS !

YES.

I've never screamed like than in my room !!! :lol: Fortunately my playroom is to the opposite of the bedroom :sly:

Oooh, jeez. Oh man. I've never thought I'd do it.

Thank you kie25 for your tutorial :cheers:

Aaah I'm so happy, I can go to sleep relieved!
You spend all the time chasing thousandths then smash it by pretty much a whole tenth, congrats!

1:11.215 GUYS !

YES.

I've never screamed like than in my room !!! :lol: Fortunately my playroom is to the opposite of the bedroom :sly:

Oooh, jeez. Oh man. I've never thought I'd do it.

Thank you kie25 for your tutorial :cheers:

Aaah I'm so happy, I can go to sleep relieved!

Haha see ;) Looks like what I did two days ago. Missed by virtually nothing then got it by a lot more than I thought was possible. Congratulations! Enjoy your well earned credits!

Haha see ;) Looks like what I did two days ago. Missed by virtually nothing then got it by a lot more than I thought was possible. Congratulations! Enjoy your well earned credits!

Still Suzuka and Nurb GP to do, but after that I can't fail !

Thanks for your encouragements :cheers:

Here's my run (so excited I screwed the share button so it's only the replay)

Last edited:
Can someone send me/ post his lap times so I can try it in regular time trials
I can’t play the DLC unless I move to another country or restart the entire game practically. So I have my friend in a diff country do it for me

I was sitting at work doing nothing other than watch Hamilton Challenge videos the whole day. After 6 frustrating hours last night I managed to Gold every time trial and I even managed to Diamond the Nordschleife (Heaven knows how i managed) but I feel this DLC is money well spent. Thank you PD for this. I feel so much more confident on tracks like Willow and Brands Hatch after this challenge. Somehow those tracks just aren't so bad anymore :)

The TT is great content that has been added to this game & a lot of great content on this forum too. Looks like everyone is having a fun time.

The challenge is tough, I have a DR of A and still find gold is a far way off for me on some of these circuits. Once you get into several laps you can see & feel your mistakes and I believe I’m learning a lot from these trials.

I got my very first diamond tonight at Monza. Went from 1:47.0 to a 1:46.6. I’m not very consistent with the controller but I’m glad I still have some speed. I’m going to work on Dragon Trail or maybe Interlagos next.

Many people here have said that Interlagos is easy. Nope. It's the most difficult one that I've done so far! I wasted 3 hours last night trying to beat the time, after spending over an hour last week! The track is extremely painful for a controller user as there are some really tight switch backs. I managed to beat Hamilton's time by 0.001 seconds. And that was with the ghost turned off!

Let me rank the five I've done so far:
Interlagos
Brands Hatch
Dragon Trail
Maggiore
Monza
I found Interlagos relatively easy, struggled more on Brands Hatch and Lago Maggiore (Lewis' last sector is really, really good). Anyway, got the same five you have so far.

Spent some hours on Nürburgring GP yesterday and there's where I'm struggling the most (haven't touched Suzuka, Mount Panorama, Willow Springs and Nordschleife yet). It doesn't help of course that it's one of my weakest tracks and Lewis no doubt knows it inside out and sets one hell of a lap, seems it's all about keeping up and leaving all the gaining to the last chicane.

The TT is great content that has been added to this game & a lot of great content on this forum too. Looks like everyone is having a fun time.

I got my very first diamond tonight at Monza. Went from 1:47.0 to a 1:46.6. I’m not very consistent with the controller but I’m glad I still have some speed. I’m going to work on Dragon Trail or maybe Interlagos next.

As a weekend player Monza is still outside my reach. With Lewis Bentley's guide/video, I got to 7 tenths outside LH diamond lap quite quick, but Ascari robs me time after time. I consistently gain 2 tenths on LH out of the first chicane, then pick up another tenth+ at the second chicane and maintain that right up to Ascari where I loose my advantage and more. Certainly needs a different approach there, but just have to find it.

As a weekend player Monza is still outside my reach. With Lewis Bentley's guide/video, I got to 7 tenths outside LH diamond lap quite quick, but Ascari robs me time after time. I consistently gain 2 tenths on LH out of the first chicane, then pick up another tenth+ at the second chicane and maintain that right up to Ascari where I loose my advantage and more. Certainly needs a different approach there, but just have to find it.
I ended up taking it in 4th gear. I'm sure 3rd is potentially quicker, but it's much easier to take it smoothly in 4th, and it was "good enough" to still beat LH by around 0.3. I gained my entire margin over LH on the first chicane, after that it was a mix of gains and losses, but I basically crossed the finish line the same amount ahead of LH as I was when I braked into the 2nd chicane.

Last edited:
ss3
Can someone send me/ post his lap times so I can try it in regular time trials
I can’t play the DLC unless I move to another country or restart the entire game practically. So I have my friend in a diff country do it for me

• Dragon Trail - Seaside - 1:37.094
• Autodromo Lago Maggiore - GP - 1:55.455
• Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit - 1:22.965
• Willow Springs International Raceway: Big Willow - 1:11.308
• Suzuka Circuit - 1:58.508
• Autodromo Nazionale Monza - 1:46.972
• Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit - 2.01.477
• Autódromo de Interlagos - 1:30.923
• Nürburgring GP - 1:55.368
• Nürburgring Nordschleife - 5:40.622

Don't forget the BOP is off on this Time Trial

I ended up taking it in 4th gear. I'm sure 3rd is potentially quicker, but it's much easier to take it smoothly in 4th, and it was "good enough" to still beat LH by around 0.3. I gained my entire margin over LH on the first chicane, after that it was a mix of gains and losses, but I basically crossed the finish line the same amount ahead of LH as I was when I braked into the 2nd chicane.

Thanks, I'll try that tonight.

I'm precisely 0.2 seconds off Hamilton's time at Suzuka with a DS4 and I cannot improve any further.
This mode is specifically designed for a wheel, I feel like I have hit my limit with it and need to upgrade to a wheel.
Unless someone has beaten the Diamond time at Suzuka with a DS4 with a video to go with it, that would be helpful.

After this post, I've now beaten 9 of the 10 tracks in this challenge. All of those being Diamond-beating times.
Nordschleife is the last one and I'm struggling with a controller so far.
I can get some sectors really good where I'm up by numerous tenths ahead and then get to the corners leading up to Karussell and then completely botch the sector after that corner.

+ 0.058 from diamond on Nürburgring GP, ahhhh, come on! Losing some time in the slow hairpin (T7) and the last corner (T15), rest is more or less fine...

Edit: + 0.150 on the back straight and then bottling the chicane, getting a 1,5 sec penalty. What the hell am I doing?!

Last edited:
• Dragon Trail - Seaside - 1:37.094
• Autodromo Lago Maggiore - GP - 1:55.455
• Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit - 1:22.965
• Willow Springs International Raceway: Big Willow - 1:11.308
• Suzuka Circuit - 1:58.508
• Autodromo Nazionale Monza - 1:46.972
• Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit - 2.01.477
• Autódromo de Interlagos - 1:30.923
• Nürburgring GP - 1:55.368
• Nürburgring Nordschleife - 5:40.622

Awesome thanks

Now onto Willow. Got to 1:11.6 but that felt like an almost perfect lap and I'm still over 3 tenths off, while the only slight things I can think of to improve gain me 0.1 maximum.

I think I just need to absolute perfect the first 2 turns and stay with Hamilton. Get ahead out of that slow right turn and then stay at the same pace through the esses section before somehow finding the correct braking distance and amount for that final turn while accelerating at a very very limited time window to perfect the apex. I've not yet been able to gain or keep pace with LH at the final turn even when my line and apex seem perfect and I use as much track as possible so yeah

This is the true challenge of the DLC and I'm thankful for that

For the second turn, let off the throttle and take a tighter line than Lewis, then slowly get back on the throttle, keep it at 50-70% and follow the ghost car until you get to the shadow. After the shadow it's full throttle (depending on the line, if you see that you are going too wide, let it off for just a moment and get back on it).
Last turn can also be taken tighter, getting down to the 4th gear. You might not have the same exit speed, but you are still going to get to the finish line before he catches up. That's the line that got me the diamond.

I keep hearing this, anyone have the BOP difference between what he ran and the current BOP? I'd like to know how much of an 'edge' he has over us.

Jerome

Back