Complete Guide/Rewards - Lewis Hamilton Time Attack Challenge

• Thread starter mclarenLB
  • 686 comments
Did nearly 300 miles around Lake Maggiore yesterday and found 3 tenths. Still 2 tenths to find to beat Lewis's time.

Bit annoyed though, on my best lap I was half a second up coming out of the banked right hander after the long straight. Lost about 7 tenths it in the last 3 or 4 corners. Just cant seem to carry enough speed :banghead:

I'll try some more when I get home from work.

EDIT: 200 more miles and i did it with a 1:55.399!

Last edited:
I saw somewhere on this site suggested changes to the brake balance of the two cars that may help improve handling, but now I can't find it.
Does anyone have any suggestions..... I'm kinda stuck! :)

For the AMG Merc at least, a slight rear bias can help with getting the back end around and therefore lessen the understeer.

Thank you, I'll try setting two to the rear and see how it goes!

EDIT..... Yaaay, after about 5 tries, finally got silver at Maggiore! Only won Cr 274k because I went over the Cr 20M cap...... that's 5 silvers now ;) Chuffed!
This add-on is super :cheers:

Last edited:
Thank you, I'll try setting two to the rear and see how it goes!

EDIT..... Yaaay, after about 5 tries, finally got silver at Maggiore! Only won Cr 274k because I went over the Cr 20M cap...... that's 5 silvers now ;) Chuffed!
This add-on is super :cheers:

I was running 2 to the rear for ages and not getting anywhere. Flicked it to 3 to the front and got an almost immediate improvement.

I guess it depends on your driving style.

I was running 2 to the rear for ages and not getting anywhere. Flicked it to 3 to the front and got an almost immediate improvement.

I guess it depends on your driving style.
I'll experiment.... I'll have enough time on the tracks! :lol:

After 350 KM on Nürburgring GP: gold!
0FE5FA15-4F2A-4C30-BB30-79194B4A0DAC.jpeg

It is enough for me!

Yes, Im embarrassed to admit I did 600 miles at Brands Hatch over the last week to get within .050 of Diamond. I’m going to have to move on to another track and come back. Lewis’ lap is spot on at this place. I get ahead at Paddock Bend & Druids, basically even through rest of lap, then I lose time at Sheene & Sterlings, make a little back at Clark but never enough.

Took a little while and hundreds of restarts but I've managed to gold them all with platinum on Brands,Dragon trail and the ring.

Hit a brick wall on willow springs though, just under 3 tenths off platinum. Watched guides,played with brake bias and I just cant hook a lap up.

Finally beat Lewis today on Interlagos after about 7 hours total. Had multiple almost diamond laps. I went by the recommendation of OP (expecting it to be easy) but ohhhh boy did I find it hard and soooo frustrating. Only invested so much time because I was many times about to do it, so I knew that I actually could.
Compared to it I find even Maggiore MUCH easier and Monza by far the easiest.
So far golds in: ranked by difficulty starting with the hardest 1-10:
1. Nürb GP: 10/ 2. Willow: 10/ 3. Suzuka: 8/ 4. Mount Panorama: 7/ 5. Brands: 7
Diamonds in: 1. Interlagos: 9/ 2. Dragon Trail: 8/ 3. Maggiore: 7/ 4. Monza: 2
Gonna do Nordschleife tomorrow (the best for last). Expect to beat Lewis by about 4 secs. Nordschleife is my best track by far (certainly did more than 10k laps on it) and I also expect the Sauber to fit my driving style MUCH more. HATE the understeering DOG of a car that is the GT3 AMG!

General tips from me:
- Sometimes it's better to brake little and soft or just lift (like on some parts on Willow)
- Mostly it is better to brake in a straight line without any or minimal steering input
- Avoid sliding of the car at any cost (always costs you time)
- Often it is better to not use some curbs at all or very little of them
- Interlagos: what made me capable of beating Lewis is to set ABS on weak. This helps in reducing the sliding after a hard break, when you softly go off the break (especially after the first two fast straights). It really made all the difference for me.

Hope I could help a little.

Last edited:
I’ve been trying and trying for ages to beat his lap time on monza as that’s by far my strongest circuit. I’ve got my gear changes sorted. I know to shift up almost as soon as the blue light flashes. That’s grabbing me the most hundredths. I’m sometimes ahead of him all the way to the second chicane. It is there where half the time I’m getting a penalty for exceeding track limits. What exactly are the track limits there? Is it if you touch the grass on entry and if you touch the yellow/black hump on exit? I swear I’ve avoided both and still got a penalty. Someone please tell me what I’m doing wrong.

Last edited:
I’ve been trying and trying for ages to beat his lap time on monza as that’s by far my strongest circuit. I’ve got my gear changes sorted. I know to shift up almost as soon as the blue light flashes. That’s grabbing me the most tenths. I’m sometimes ahead of him all the way to the second chicane. It is there where half the time I’m getting a penalty for exceeding track limits. What exactly are the track limits there? Is it if you touch the grass on entry and if you touch the yellow/black hump on exit? I swear I’ve avoided both and still got a penalty. Someone please tell me what I’m doing wrong.

Wheel? Pad? I mean...just try to test the limits of the track and study Lewis's lap.

Wheel? Pad? I mean...just try to test the limits of the track and study Lewis's lap.
Wheel. Thrust master T80. I’ve tried but I can’t work the limits out on that chicane. I’ve watched the replays. Maybe it’s just the grass as I get a penalty if I put half a wheel on it in the first chicane. I can rocket over the yellow speed humps without a penalty thereafter but it makes the car unstable on exit.

Wheel. Thrust master T80. I’ve tried but I can’t work the limits out on that chicane. I’ve watched the replays. Maybe it’s just the grass as I get a penalty if I put half a wheel on it in the first chicane. I can rocket over the yellow speed humps without a penalty thereafter but it makes the car unstable on exit.
I’ve just looked at fia ruling on track limits. It says that if all four wheels leave the circuit then penalties apply. I watched Lewis’s lap and he appears to be cutting everything possible including riding over almost every hump at Ascari chicane. In the second chicane I can hear his wheels bumping over the kerbing. I’ll just have to listen out for it. If I cut and don’t hear it and have a penalty then it would seem that the innermost edge of the kerbing is the very edge of the circuit. Thanks.

I just read an article on drivers getting warned about exceeding track limits at the US F1. They stated, if a driver crosses a kerb and no part of the car is in contact with the innermost edge of the kerb, or outermost on a corner exit, penalties apply. That’s cleared that up. Try again tomorrow!

Last edited by a moderator:
Did the last challenge today (Nordschleife) and as expected beat him rather easily. Needed about 10 tries. Beat him by 1.1 seconds. While I really could beat him there by about 3-4 seconds (my absolute maximum I reckon), I'm really happy with my lap for now, and actually doubt I'll ever do it again.

Tips:
- Definatly use second gear in the small Karussel.
- Shifting down to only 3rd gear, instead of 2nd, in the right-hand corner before the long multi-corner straight in the middle of the track, made me also much quicker and more stable.

So yeah, got my 20 million reward and finally bought the Ferrari Berlinetta und Lamborghini Miura. Can finally test their times on the Nordschleife, can't wait!

Did the last challenge today (Nordschleife) and as expected beat him rather easily. Needed about 10 tries. Beat him by 1.1 seconds. While I really could beat him there by about 3-4 seconds (my absolute maximum I reckon), I'm really happy with my lap for now, and actually doubt I'll ever do it again.

Tips:
- Definatly use second gear in the small Karussel.
- Shifting down to only 3rd gear, instead of 2nd, in the right-hand corner before the long multi-corner straight in the middle of the track, made me also much quicker and more stable.

So yeah, got my 20 million reward and finally bought the Ferrari Berlinetta und Lamborghini Miura. Can finally test their times on the Nordschleife, can't wait!
I can’t get used to the Nordschleife on this game. I found it a lot easier on GT4,5 and 6. Doesn’t really help that I’m rusty on the layout from lack of driving it for years.

I got diamond on Monza with a controller. Diamond on Dragon Trail & Maggiore with a wheel. Maggiore was easiest imo, I got .6 up in the first 2 sectors then just maintained the gap to the finish. You can really take advantage of the curbs, I kinda felt like I cheated but hey I didn’t get a penalty!

Practice makes perfect.
I know. Id better not practice too much though. Neglect my wife and kid and jobs that need doing. Lol. I bought a second hand PS4 for a very cheap price three weeks ago and have spent a lot of time at the wheel. I’d be happy with one gold for now. I’m .3 seconds off gold time at Monza.

I got diamond on Monza with a controller. Diamond on Dragon Trail & Maggiore with a wheel. Maggiore was easiest imo, I got .6 up in the first 2 sectors then just maintained the gap to the finish. You can really take advantage of the curbs, I kinda felt like I cheated but hey I didn’t get a penalty!

I see people cutting the kerbs on videos. One says as long as two wheels remain in contact with the edge of the kerb furthest away from the circuit then no penalty. Exactly the same as fia ruling then. I noticed some of the kerbs are almost as wide as the car. Glad I know that now. What wheel you using? Does it have force feedback? Mine doesn’t. I’m wondering if it would help me feel grip levels a bit better like my PS3 Logitech driving force GT which has force feedback.

I found that my eyes keep loosing focus. Terrible when you’re trying to navigate with pin point accuracy. Tried the reading glasses on and finally, gold at Monza!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, I got myself up at 6am this morning to install this update early and to see how quick I could blow through Hamilton's laps, before we get into those, a few things:

• Regular A+ or higher Sport Mode players shouldn't have much trouble, some will take you a few tries, but you should be through it in a couple hours
  • Casual players are going to have a rough time with this, although I believe anyone could complete this with enough time and effort but you might be at it a long while.
  • Start with Interlagos, its far and away the easiest.
  • Is it worth it? I enjoyed myself, its great if you enjoy a challenge, but its perhaps also worth it because of the massive rewards you get at the end, more on that later...

Now I've provided a video of a Diamond lap (Diamond means you beat LH, it sits above Gold) of all 10 challenges, which are ripped from my stream on my first completion, they are edited down to cut out the failed attempts and other irrelevant nonsense.

Additionally, I'll be giving you a quick difficulty rating of each one, as some are much harder than others. Lets go!

DRAGON TRAIL SEASIDE - DIFFICULTY: 2/5

MAGGIORE GP - DIFFICULTY: 2/5

BRANDS HATCH - DIFFICULTY: 4/5

WILLOW SPRINGS - DIFFICULTY: 4/5

SUZUKA - DIFFICULTY: 3/5

https://youtu.be/LyBdLWKqrV8

MONZA - DIFFICULTY: 2/5

https://youtu.be/oRdxM7tFN9Y

INTERLAGOS - DIFFICULTY: 1/5

https://youtu.be/AudPw2KaGwk

MOUNT PANORAMA - DIFFICULTY: 5/5

https://youtu.be/u-5LrYvpEeo

NURBURGRING GP - DIFFICULTY: 4/5

https://youtu.be/0k1NvNywcKY

NURBURGRING NORDSCHLEIFE - DIFFICULTY:
(Difficulty of this one is entirely relative, but I'll go with 3/5)

That final video of the Nordschleife also includes me getting the final cutscene (yes, there is a god damn cutscene) and rewards!

Speaking of Rewards, lets cover those quickly.

For each individual challenge:

Diamond:
1,000,000 Cr.
Gold: 500,000 Cr.
Silver: 300,000 Cr.
Bronze: 200,000 Cr.

These rewards are obtainable ONCE on the first completion of each challenge only.

FOR THE WHOLE THING (Entirely separate to the rewards listed above):

ALL Diamonds:
Mercedes AMG VGT LH Edition + 100,000,000 Cr. (Yes, you get ONE HUNDRED MILLION handed to you straight up)
ALL Golds: Mercedes AMG F1 W08 EQ Power 2017 + 20,000,000 Cr. + Credit cap increased
ALL Silvers: Mercedes Sauber C9 1989
ALL Bronze: Mercedes AMG GT3 2016

Since the Diamond reward car is "new" to the game, here's an image (Gold, Silver, Bronze prize cars are not new to the game)
View attachment 869337

So, to absolutely maximise your credit income from this DLC, follow these steps:

1) Beat all Challenges at Gold
2) Spend every penny you have, this is because completing Diamond instantly grants 100 million, which is the credit cap, any money you have before beating Diamond will vanish entirely anyway and will be replaced by the 100 million you're about to receive
3) Beat all Challenges at Diamond
4) Enjoy your 100,000,000 Cr. spending spree

I think we covered everything, If I missed anything, let me know!

curse you GTP media limit

Just for fun I tried couple time trails on Nürburgring with a controller, don't have a wheel, first try, 6.11.something, my second try 6.08.something, but down from there to 5.46!? That's too much for me, but if I bought this DLC I think I can get at least Bronze on maybe all of the challenges, but that's not good enough, Diamond and 100 mill would and must have been my goal, but I'm not an alien, although I have seen people on YouTube beat Hamilton on Nürburgring with a controller, but like you said that will take a long time and maybe never, most likely to end up crazy and be stoved away on a mental institution. :lol:

Just for fun I tried couple time trails on Nürburgring with a controller, don't have a wheel, first try, 6.11.something, my second try 6.08.something, but down from there to 5.46!? That's too much for me, but if I bought this DLC I think I can get at least Bronze on maybe all of the challenges, but that's not good enough, Diamond and 100 mill would and must have been my goal, but I'm not an alien, although I have seen people on YouTube beat Hamilton on Nürburgring with a controller, but like you said that will take a long time and maybe never, most likely to end up crazy and be stoved away on a mental institution. :lol:

Nordschleife is guaranteed the second easiest challenge after Monza. With a pad Gold is doable really. Important is to do full laps even after severe mistakes, because the track is big and practice makes everything there. Helps also with getting the feel for the car. Also TCS makes sense I guess.

Last edited:
Also TCS makes sense I guess.
Maybe it must be turned off, the guy I watched on YouTube used only ABS, I use TCS 3 and the stability thing as well, things like that slows you down, but without TCS, you have to be really gentle with the R2 button, suddently full trottle will make you spin out, so I have to master the R2 button the tracks and the cars, I think that would drive me insane in the end :crazy: :lol:.

For the hell of it, since I'm the only one bringing it up, this is the comparison of time requirements for the Nordschelife challenge between this game and NTSC-J GT4:

GTS Hamilton TT
Diamond: 5:40.622
Gold: 5:46.000
Silver: 5:58.000
Bronze: 6:15.000

GT4 NTSC-J S-16
Gold: 5:47.510
Silver: 6:09.919
Bronze: 6:43.420

This is a long overdue post, since I only got the required times for both just now.

For the hell of it, since I'm the only one bringing it up, this is the comparison of time requirements for the Nordschelife challenge between this game and NTSC-J GT4:

GTS Hamilton TT
Diamond: 5:40.622
Gold: 5:46.000
Silver: 5:58.000
Bronze: 6:15.000

GT4 NTSC-J S-16
Gold: 5:47.510
Silver: 6:09.919
Bronze: 6:43.420

This is a long overdue post, since I only got the required times for both just now.

Didn't GT 5 or GT 6 also have a Nürburgring challenge? Either with the C9 or the Mercedes CLK GTR? I don't remeber what the time limit was or what car it was, but I do remember I struggled a lot with a challenge like that in either GT 5 or GT 6.

Last edited:
I feel a bit dirty posting this, but I managed to beat Lewis' time on the Nurburgring GP after maybe 5 or 6 hours. His diamond time on this track is pretty ridiculous up until the final chicane, where it is acceptable to basically cut it and gain up to 5 tenths on Lewis' time. It took me a while though to get the chicane right, the car tends to get pretty unstable and at least one wheel needs to stay within the red and white curbs. So basically, if you're down to Lewis' time by less than 5 tenths by the final chicane, you still have a chance to diamond the lap. Very impressive lap by Lewis though if respecting track limits, I don't think I could beat him otherwise.

Last edited:
I feel a bit dirty posting this, but I managed to beat Lewis' time on the Nurburgring GP after maybe 5 or 6 hours. His diamond time on this track is pretty ridiculous up until the final chicane, where it is acceptable in GT Sport to basically cut it and gain up to 5 tenths on Lewis' time. It took me a while though to get the chicane right, the car tends to get pretty unstable and at least one wheel needs to stay within the red and white curbs. So basically, if you're down to Lewis' time by less than 5 tenths by the final chicane, you still have a chance to diamond the lap. Very impressive lap by Lewis though if respecting track limits, I don't think I could beat him otherwise.

Don't feel bad. He had more grip than us. So he had an unfair advantage anyway.

Don't feel bad. He had more grip than us. So he had an unfair advantage anyway.
Did he use racing soft? If I'm not mistaken the upper limit for us is racing hard? But it is a hefty reward for getting diamond on all challenges, so maybe PD wanted it to be as hard as possible?

Did he use racing soft? If I'm not mistaken the upper limit for us is racing hard? But it is a hefty reward for getting diamond on all challenges, so maybe PD wanted it to be as hard as possible?
I think he's referring to the fact that Lewis did these laps on a previous version of GT Sport where the physics engine was slightly different (it had more oversteer and less understeer). Someone in this thread made a really good post about it, where basically Lewis is advantaged on medium to high speed corners, and loses out on low speed corners due to the differences in the physics.

Back