Complete Guide/Rewards - Lewis Hamilton Time Attack Challenge

• Thread starter mclarenLB
  • 686 comments
I‘m 0.33 off at Interlagos and it‘s so frustrating :( Most others were easy to Gold and I got Diamond at Monza and Dragon Trail fairly easy. I‘m now trying the Nordschleife but lost motivation to try the others again :D
Also, Willow Springs sucks big time :lol:

Maybe a dump question but are you using any driver aids? Never bothered with them. Using no tc, abs standard and no stability control.
Gold is manageable so far, diamond will take some time. Really enjoying it so far. Reminds me of the vettel challenge in gt5
I'd say the same thing. No TC, SC means countersteer assistance? ABS on Default, and AT. Using MT with a controller seems impossible...

From what I’ve tried the Nordschleife one with the Sauber was by far the easiest.

Er.... no! Not for me at least. I've bronzed / silvered all of them except this..... I can hardly get around the track in this car without crashing :lol:
Don't think I've tried a Gr.1 on this track before and the speed is insane for such bendy roads!
This DLC is just fantastic! Really great addition to Campaign. Love it. :bowdown:

For now I'm trying interlagos.
Managed to get withing 1s from Lewis - honestly I'm surprised with myself

Overall I see that braking is my main issue.

If I can - then it is not that hard :D

With the help of Kie25 and SuperGT, I'll try to daimond Maggiore this afternoon ;) Some stuff in there I didn't really think about 👍

I run the car with BB -3 and find it a lot less understeery on the braking than the supposed +2 :odd:

Maggiore done :D Problem is the last section after the S (climbing). Here Lewis brakes late and his turn in is awesome. Catches up a couple of tenths. Can't get the car to grip in that section.

Took me bloody all afternoon. Next one will bé Interlagos. Not one of my favorites. Don't really like that track but hey, no excuses huh...:dunce:

I don't now what to think about this. I like the DLC but I think the diamond and even some gold times are way to hard...... I pay for this but I can't get decent rewards because for me as normal person can't get all gold.....

Like the idea but those alian times are getting me hate this game because I have the same in Sport mode getting matchhmaked with people that drive 2 seconds faster then me and I can't get any faster because I am bad or whatever I play this game since release but I can't get faster with controller that is.

1 2 3 burn me now haha

PS the understeer is extreme here of is that also me?

This Lewis Hamilton challenge is awesome! It’s both super fun and maddeningly frustrating at the same time, exactly the way a GT driving test should be. Well done PD. 👍

The car is hot garbage though. :lol:
Agreed on both points :lol: I think it’s fantastic value for money, although the way some challenges are it may cost me a new 4K tv when I hurl it out of the window in frustration.

From what I’ve tried the Nordschleife one with the Sauber was by far the easiest. Mainly because the car is actually fun to drive with lots of power and downforce. I’m really struggling with the GT3 car as usual.

Also as you’re on here. Have you told the story of what happened in the pro-am event at the GT World Finals event with Lewis Hamilton? Just wondering as we heard he attempted to banish you to the shadow realm?

The Nordschleife lap from Lewis is one of his worst overall I would say but I ranked it slightly higher in difficulty because it's very easy to make one mistake on the whole lap which will kill your time.

I'm trying to get footage of the Lewis Hamilton exhibition race before telling the story.
I don't know what you two are talking about, but mentioning LH and SGT has "44" posts, is a bit eerie. :nervous::sly:

so it will behave a little different.

Too different for me. Way too pushy for my liking and it's turning the challenge into a real grind.:guilty:

The gold time's are well within my reach (got a few) and I know I can go quicker but I've got to radically change how I drive to get them. I'm sure I'll learn a lot if I persevere but controlling under steer isn't enjoyable at all.

Interlagos 👎

Too many places to mess up.

Around 2 hundreds of a second of Lewis his time but the way he accelerates out of the last corner onto the straight is simply sheer impossible for me. I can't get the traction uphill.

Got it together and done :D This one I found trickier than Maggiore!

Last edited:
Interlagos 👎

Too many places to mess up.

Around 2 hundreds of a second of Lewis his time but the way he accelerates out of the last corner onto the straight is simply sheer impossible for me. I can't get the traction uphill.
Yeah, tried his diamond times. At some starts of the lap, I'm ahead by .1-.2 seconds. Then, I start fading... If Sony made a controller like this, I might have a better shot:

51PwczvKxvL.jpg

www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/toyota-supra-survey-get-new-nurburgring-supra-livery-and-gr-4-car-in-december.390209/page-7#post-12943231seconds[/URL]. Then, I start fading... If Sony made a controller like this, I might have a better shot:

51PwczvKxvL.jpg

Good old RC car controller. Now that you mentioned this controller I would really like to try that out if we could. I raced RC cars in the RC pro Series for years.

I find these challenges kinda hard. Maybe some of it is because I haven't done much racing (sim and rental karts) in the last couple of months, I don't play GTS enough to adapt to the driving physics, I haven't completed a lot of laps on these tracks on this game, or because I'm just slow (leaning on this being the answer :lol:)

And on the other side of the coin, here's a B-rated driver trying to chase Lewis.

GT back to it's infuriating,frustrating best!

Exactly how I feel as a moderate b-driver. However I stuck my teeth in it since I got it and it surely has me pushed over my limit of what I could do. I have improved. Improvements are small. A bit better on the gas, a bit better on the brakes but still overdriving the car in situations. I ain't no A+ Alienbreed but I do get a lot of frustration and satisfaction out of the challenge.

Don't expect to have all diamonds but maybe I can get a couple more :D

Happy hunting, smashing your controller and hanging on to that wheel for dear life :cheers:

I definitely think I will struggle with this, after a quick play and just managing to get bronze on the first 2 stages at what seemed to be my limit. Thinking my limit would be getting just into silver times I took SUPER GT’s advice and offset Lewis’s car so I was chasing it and could see his lines better, and got into the mid1’39”so definitely now feel gold will be achievable with a fair bit more practice and improvements in my braking and throttle control. Which is ultimately going to make me a better driver overall.

And on the other side of the coin, here's a B-rated driver trying to chase Lewis.

GT back to it's infuriating, frustrating best!

As a fellow B DR, this all seems very familiar. Thanks for sharing.

Update on my attempt for all golds: made a further attempt at all of them in an hour long session and managed to get all silver except for the ring (just didn't have time) plus my first gold at Monza (fist pump).

Now comes the hard part. Work is taking me away from my wheel for a couple of weeks, so I'll have to try the rest of them on a controller.

Even though I had completed all challenges for GT3 ,4, 5 and 6 I find that I am struggling. 52 now and have definitely dropped in skills, especially getting in and staying "in the zone". Both thinking and reflexes slowing down. Still... 7 silvers and a gold so far. Using Ds4 with auto gears. I do have a G29 wheel but have not used it for some time (maybe help). I did have a G27 which I bought when going for the Vettel challenges.
Feel it would have been nice if they increased the credit Limit in increments for each time.
maybe extra 5 million for all bronze.
15 million for all silver.
60 million for all gold. Or similar, rather than gold or nothing.
That way a much larger percentage of players would receive at least some kind of reward. Need a break from it for now as my steering thumb is seizing up.:lol:

Let me give you guys a tip for Maggiore: you really need to exploit the track limits in order to get a good time. You can get well inside the white lines on many corners. Hamilton doesn't seem to know these exploits.

Got Diamond at Monza. Was .3 up from the start. Got .5 penalty at exit of T3. Had to be perfect the rest of the lap. At the final chicane, I was just under .3 and noticed the penalty was showing .15. Thank you, Jesus! Still, made sure my braking was solid and carried speed through the parabolica.

Maggiore is so cruel. I'm up by .34x for the past hour, in the .48x-.5xx range. The last two turns, I'm not getting the power down like LH's car. I'm going to try TCS3 just for the last two left handers.
EKrbZteU0AA77Tm

Back