Complete Guide/Rewards - Lewis Hamilton Time Attack Challenge

• Thread starter mclarenLB
  • 686 comments
The fact that the times are even close to leaderboard times is worrying. 99% of players won't be able to beat it :/

I'd be curious to see some actual stats on this. I'm not too fussed either way, it's clearly intended to be very difficult with very high rewards, but it'd be interesting to see what the correlation is between player level and pass rate. I'm DR C and even Gold will take a lot of practice. As commented, the car's not that much fun to drive, and the rewards for even gold vs. the time taken for me to get them, probably isn't that good so I'll probably Silver everything then leave it until I make up my mind on buying a wheel.

Any high B to low A DR driver completed them, Especially DS3 users? Gold times doable?

Yes they are,i am very average B and i got them all gold with DS4 some only just.I had to do some several times but it was a good challenge.I'm happy with that but i am going to have another go with the wheel (which i'm new too) just to see...Most will get there in the end but those Aliens doing Diamond with the DS4 :bowdown:...

I'm driver rating b and tried the intergalos one last night (after a bottle of prosecco!!) Got silver easily enough and about 1 second off gold. I'll try properly tonight. Still got 500k credits for the silver which is cool

I'd be curious to see some actual stats on this. I'm not too fussed either way, it's clearly intended to be very difficult with very high rewards, but it'd be interesting to see what the correlation is between player level and pass rate. I'm DR C and even Gold will take a lot of practice. As commented, the car's not that much fun to drive, and the rewards for even gold vs. the time taken for me to get them, probably isn't that good so I'll probably Silver everything then leave it until I make up my mind on buying a wheel.
I'm B and I got Gold on Dragon Trail on my 4th attempt although I do like that track. I've got Silver on Maggiore and Interlagos. I'll probably never get near Lewis (Hamilton or Bentley!) for the Diamond so my aim is to gold all of them but that'll take a load of time and restarts.

I’m A+(just over 50k), though I’m not really an overall A+ driver at every track. I was able to gold 5 of them and get silver on the others, I think I could gold them all with a little more time/effort but the Diamond times will be tough to beat. :)

Last edited:
I'd estimate that 90% or more of players won't be able to get all diamonds on this DLC. Definitely not an easy one to pass. Monza or Interlagos are probably the easiest two so perhaps work on those ones first to see how you stand against Lewis.

A handful of tips:

- Really focus on your corner exit speed and make sure you're somewhat gentle when applying the power as the car straightens up quite a lot.
- Mess around with the ghost interval. I put Lewis 0.1 seconds ahead on the willow springs and simply followed his ghost through the lap.
- Map a button to turn off the ghost so it doesn't distract you at certain places (most notably if his ghost is inside your car or just in front).
- Make sure you complete laps rather than constantly retrying after a mistake. You'll get good at the whole track this way, rather than the first corners only.
- I found that coasting works well in this car (no throttle/brake). This works particularly well in medium and high speed corners to settle the car.
- Know where you can maximise track limits. Two biggest examples of where you can gain tenths on Lewis easily are the Nurburgring GP final chicane (where you can gain about half a second) and also the exit of T3 at Brands Hatch where you can run a lot wider than he does.
- Really focus on your brake point, gear choice, apex and acceleration points. Each corner should be a process. Take a break if you're mind is getting fried!

Last edited:
I've yet to get my hands on, but I see these challenges like the Vettel and Senna challenges from previous games. Something I've got to sit down with and work on for months rather than the usual few hours and I've got the highest score on GT single player stuff.

I'm looking forward to the challenge :cheers:

Last edited:
I'd estimate that 90% or more of players won't be able to get all diamonds on this DLC. Definitely not an easy one to pass. Monza or Interlagos are probably the easiest two so perhaps work on those ones first to see how you stand against Lewis.

A handful of tips:

- Really focus on your corner exit speed and make sure you're somewhat gentle when applying the power as the car straightens up quite a lot.
- Mess around with the ghost interval. I put Lewis 0.1 seconds ahead on the willow springs and simply followed his ghost through the lap.
- Map a button to turn off the ghost so it doesn't distract you at certain places (most notably if his ghost is inside your car or just in front).
- Make sure you complete laps rather than constantly retrying after a mistake. You'll get good at the whole track this way, rather than the first corners only.
- I found that coasting works well in this car (no throttle/brake). This works particularly well in medium and high speed corners to settle the car.
- Know where you can maximise track limits. Two biggest examples of where you can gain tenths on Lewis easily are the Nurburgring GP final chicane (where you can gain about half a second) and also the exit of T4 at Brands Hatch where you can run a lot wider than he does.
- Really focus on your brake point, gear choice, apex and acceleration points. Each corner should be a process. Take a break if you're mind is getting fried!
Yep. I'm in that 90% :( . I watched your stream yesterday and no way I could make any of them to Diamond - or even to Silver(?) - especially Willow Springs and the Ring. To me this dlc is a no go.

I'm B and I got Gold on Dragon Trail on my 4th attempt although I do like that track. I've got Silver on Maggiore and Interlagos. I'll probably never get near Lewis (Hamilton or Bentley!) for the Diamond so my aim is to gold all of them but that'll take a load of time and restarts.

As the only person I have on PSN that also plays GTS, your times are the only other benchmark I have :lol:.

Yep. I'm in that 90% :( . I watched your stream yesterday and no way I could make any of them to Diamond - or even to Silver(?) - especially Willow Springs and the Ring. To me this dlc is a no go.
Here's another way of looking at it: you've got nine Gr.3 lap guides from someone so good it takes the best in the world to beat them. You don't have to tune into Youtube, watch on a different screen and try to replicate it, there's a literal ghost there and you can snap it to join you at the start of each sector.

What better way to improve your laps at some of the game's - and FIA - core car/track combinations?

I thought this would've been harder. I've been able to one-shot gold on the first try, with diamond following 5-10 minutes later. The only exception being Willow, that one took a solid 30 minutes of trying to get diamond. Like most others have already stated though, unless you're already decently skilled and/or fast, I can understand if you are struggling. Hamilton definitely isn't slow! 👍

I think what's important is that this will represent a different amount of difficulty for everyone. Lewis (Bentley) pretty much summed this up in his post, but for some this will be incredibly difficult, for some it will be impossible, and for the top drivers it will be relatively easy.

For me, it's representing a reasonable challenge to get the golds, and the diamond times will require a significant amount of time and effort to get (if at all).

I actually quite like how they've pitched the difficulty, with only the fastest able to get all diamond. They have kept in mind though (presumably) to make a few of them a little easier so that more people can enjoy getting a Diamond reward. It seems that Monza and Interlagos fit that bill.

It's funny how some are complaining its too hard and others that its too easy.

A handful of tips:

- Know where you can maximise track limits. Two biggest examples of where you can gain tenths on Lewis easily are the Nurburgring GP final chicane (where you can gain about half a second) and also the exit of T4 at Brands Hatch where you can run a lot wider than he does.

Great info thanks Steve. Any chance you could say what brake balance you used for Willow Springs (and the others if you have time) it would be greatly appreciated :)

Great info thanks Steve. Any chance you could say what brake balance you used for Willow Springs (and the others if you have time) it would be greatly appreciated :)

For most of them I was using 0. If you put it more to the front, the car brakes slightly better but you get more understeer. More to the back and it slightly increases braking distance but can help the back of the car to go round. For Willow I was using 1 or 2 to the rear.

Here's another way of looking at it: you've got nine Gr.3 lap guides from someone so good it takes the best in the world to beat them. You don't have to tune into Youtube, watch on a different screen and try to replicate it, there's a literal ghost there and you can snap it to join you at the start of each sector.

What better way to improve your laps at some of the game's - and FIA - core car/track combinations?

Agreed. Many will see this as an opportunity to fail against Lewis Hamilton when really they should be seeing it as an opportunity to get better at the game.

Last edited by a moderator:
For most of them I was using 0. If you put it more to the front, the car brakes slightly better but you get more understeer. More to the back and it slightly increases braking distance but can help the back of the car to go round. For Willow I was using 1 or 2 to the rear.

Thanks greatly appreciated bud :cheers:

I really struggled with this. I’ve got gold on the first three tracks. Brands and DT were tricky but Maggiore not so much.
I’m less than a tenth off the gold time for Willow Springs and haven’t tried the rest yet.

I’m still using a DS4 so I feel hampered there, anyone got some advice?

I do want to get a wheel but just haven’t got the funds yet

I gave my criticisms about this DLC due to it not being good "content" since it is paid after all, but now I'm pretty happy I got this. Golding them all netted me 31 mill (diamond on monza) which allowed me to get the Ford Mark IV and rebuy my Shelby Daytona that I sold for the 330 P4. Diamond will take quite some time to do, especially my kryptonite aka Nurb GP, but it will be worth it when I can finally get all those high end cars.

I thought this would've been harder. I've been able to one-shot gold on the first try, with diamond following 5-10 minutes later. The only exception being Willow, that one took a solid 30 minutes of trying to get diamond. Like most others have already stated though, unless you're already decently skilled and/or fast, I can understand if you are struggling. Hamilton definitely isn't slow! 👍
With 73k DR and a 98 K' speed score, the % of people at your level is tiny, you're probably in the top 0.01% or thereabouts. So to make it hard for you, they'd have had to make it impossible for almost everyone.

One great feature of this DLC is the fact that it shows the time delta to Lewis rather than your own best. I'd love it if they were to roll out this feature to daily race qualifying and FIA free practice, so you can choose to see the time delta to the ghost you've loaded from the leaderboard. You can't tell from the visual distance to the ghost how much time you've lost on each corner, and it's incredibly helpful to know exactly where you're losing the time compared to what is possible.

One great feature of this DLC is the fact that it shows the time delta to Lewis rather than your own best. I'd love it if they were to roll out this feature to daily race qualifying and FIA free practice, so you can choose to see the time delta to the ghost you've loaded from the leaderboard. You can't tell from the visual distance to the ghost how much time you've lost on each corner, and it's incredibly helpful to know exactly where you're losing the time compared to what is possible.

That's an excellent idea, that would be really useful. I actually find ghosts quite distracting so often just use my own delta as a guide as to how I'm doing. I hadn't realised how helpful it's been having the delta set to Hamilton's car. The more I think about it, the more helpful it would be to set that delta to loaded ghosts. Make it happen PD :)

It will be a badge of honor beating a world champion that drives competitively his whole life, even if it's in a game.

Anyone find interesting that with a car from Bellof's era, Lewis smashed his Nordschleife record by about half a minute? Goes to show what happens when fear is substantially reduced since crashing and dying is alot more dire than crashing and restarting the virtual lap.

A handful of tips:

- Know where you can maximise track limits. Two biggest examples of where you can gain tenths on Lewis easily are the Nurburgring GP final chicane (where you can gain about half a second) and also the exit of T3 at Brands Hatch where you can run a lot wider than he does.

Great tips, will definitely use these, love your videos! I agree that it's important to complete the lap and not constantly restart. I myself am guilty of checking the LH delta way too often during the lap, it can be a pretty big distraction.

I would even venture out to say that upwards of 95% (maybe even closer to 97%-98%) of people will not be able to diamond all of these time trials. I consider myself to be fairly good at GT Sport (I've got about 48,000 DR and classify regularly in the upper 1.5% of qualifying times for daily races on Kudos Prime in North America), and I'm having a ton of trouble beating Lewis, even beating his time at Monza was a pretty big challenge. His Nurburgring GP time is pretty insane, if he would have cut the final chicane his time would have been almost only been beatable by the aliens. I'm able to get gold at all of the tracks, but am still a good .5 to .9 tenths away from beating Lewis.

IMO, the car (and possibly the physics) behave very differently than the Gr.3 AMG that's used in daily races, and I'm struggling getting the car to stop and turn in (adjusting the brake balance doesn't seem to have the same effects as the AMG in daily races). I'm normally able to gain a couple tenth's by shifting the brake balance to the front in daily races, making the car able to brake later entering corners while maintaining good stability, however putting the balance to the front in the LH time trials causes severe understeer and makes you lose a ton of time.

In any case it's a good opportunity to get better at the game.

Anyone find interesting that with a car from Bellof's era, Lewis smashed his Nordschleife record by about half a minute? Goes to show what happens when fear is substantially reduced since crashing and dying is alot more dire than crashing and restarting the virtual lap.
I think that's part of it but modern tyres will be worth a few seconds and the Sauber C9 is a quicker car than the Porsche 956.

So I didn't catch the beginning of @F4H Super GT's stream yesterday, but about 7 minutes in he talks about this AMG car being a different setup/build than the current version. That explains why these challenges feel slightly off.
Slightly is an understatement
I noticed after doing the blue moon bay money farm race almost 250 times im from 1-2+ seconds per lap slower with the current physics and since the difference is that big on something i can do well by now im pretty positive i could be much faster in other tracks.

So gents and ladies,
which of the challenges did you find to be the most difficult? Anyone fancy to make a 1-10 ranking? Really interested to hear. I tried the first one on Dragon Trail and couldn't beat it yet (diamond), but I know I can barely make it with more time. How does this one compare to the other 10?

Latest Posts

Back