Complete Guide/Rewards - Lewis Hamilton Time Attack Challenge

• Thread starter mclarenLB
  • 686 comments
managed silver on all except nordschleife so far, so the golds are the next challenge for me, I'm a fair bit away from getting even 1 there. Those and getting the bronze on nordschleife, I'm 1.5 out, god knows where I'm finding the extra 15 seconds for a clean sweep of silver, few weeks I guess, it'll click one day, but that's def the hardest.

I did it! Managed to get a 1.11,190 at Willow and got my last diamond. :D
The whole thing took me about 10h and Willow alone 4 of them. I think 10h for 140 Mio. Cr. is a good payout and much better than the usual grinds. :lol:

In my opinion Willow, Brands Hatch and Mount Panorama were the most difficult ones. While Willow definitely deserves a place in the Hall of Fame of the hardest tests and challenges in history of Gran Turismo. :bowdown:

I'm absolutely not looking to any of those you guys mentioned then, as I find Dragon Trail to be barely doable. Thx for the input guys.

So gents and ladies,
which of the challenges did you find to be the most difficult? Anyone fancy to make a 1-10 ranking? Really interested to hear. I tried the first one on Dragon Trail and couldn't beat it yet (diamond), but I know I can barely make it with more time. How does this one compare to the other 10?
From hardest to easiest:

1: Big Willow
2: Nordschleife
3: Suzuka
4: Mount Panorama
5: Nürburgring GP
6: Brands Hatch
7: Dragon Trail Seaside
8: Lago Maggiore GP
9: Interlagos
10: Monza

#1 isn't even a contest. Seaside is only #7 because of the chicane of death, it was otherwise quite easy (relatively speaking of course).

I was hoping this would be a full corner-by-corner guide like Tidgney's GT Academy/circuit guides. The replays are more useful than the ones in the game at least since it's on a completely different physics. Epic fail by PD for not accounting this :rolleyes: They should revert the physics back just in this game mode and/or allow us to tune suspension/LSD. It's like fighting with your hands tied behind your back as it is. The AMG GT3 just has horrific understeer once you get on power.

For context here, I'm DR A (been sitting at 47k-48k for months now), kudos score just under 80 and usually 2 secs off the top leaderboards. That puts me in top 1% according to kudosprime. I got 9 golds (except Willow) in around 2 hours. I can see diamond for Nords, Interlagos and Monza, but the rest is either impossible or going to take more effort than the reward is worth. I've already bought all the cars so I don't need the credits. More and more I'm thinking this is PD's way of giving the alien drivers a way to buy all the 20 million cars without grinding. The rest of us plebs will just have to do it the hard way :crazy:

The aliens will do it faster and then probably move on. I will take 3 or 4 times that long, but have fun for much longer. So that's just as good in my books.

Do you guys think PD made sure that the Hamilton laps weren't too up there? I find it pretty crazy how Hamilton in some places is reaching close to top 10 times while not even playing the game nearly as much and knowing how to push the track limits.

Really shows how transferable a lot of the skills are.

I think I'm going to get months of enjoyment out of these time trials. My aim is to get all Gold, I'll do a victory pose if I manage that. And I appreciate all the advice in the thread above.
Good luck mate! All golds is my primary goal too, I’m not the best driver so Diamond is really, really tough for me but I’m still going for it anyway as a bonus - really want the 100 million credits!

From hardest to easiest:

#1 isn't even a contest. Seaside is only #7 because of the chicane of death, it was otherwise quite easy (relatively speaking of course).

Very appreciated. Thank you very much mate :)
Hm, Willow seems to be a nightmare it seems, going by all the mentions. Kinda can't wait to try it out.

Maybe a dump question but are you using any driver aids? Never bothered with them. Using no tc, abs standard and no stability control.
Gold is manageable so far, diamond will take some time. Really enjoying it so far. Reminds me of the vettel challenge in gt5

Maybe a dump question but are you using any driver aids? Never bothered with them. Using no tc, abs standard and no stability control.
Gold is manageable so far, diamond will take some time. Really enjoying it so far. Reminds me of the vettel challenge in gt5

All the aids are switched off and unavailable apart from TC and ABS. Which is a good thing imo.

For all gold you get 20 million, all diamond 100 million. Is there an equivalent bonus for bronzes or silvers?

All bronze gets you the Gr. 3 AMG. All Silver gets you the Sauber C9. No credit bonus though.

So gents and ladies,
which of the challenges did you find to be the most difficult? Anyone fancy to make a 1-10 ranking? Really interested to hear. I tried the first one on Dragon Trail and couldn't beat it yet (diamond), but I know I can barely make it with more time. How does this one compare to the other 10?

Dragon Trail: 5
Maggiore: 4
Brands Hatch: 6
Willow Springs: 10
Suzuka: 5
Monza: 2
Bathurst: 6
Interlagos: 2
Nurb GP: 4
Nordschleife: 5

Willow is definitely the hardest. Lewis is very close to the top 10 leaderboard on that one. Nordschleife I found fairly easy - Lewis' lap was average, the main difficulty is the car/track combo where it is easy to make a mistake.

Interlagos and Monza defintiely the easiest two. At Monza he seems to have awful straight line speed and doesn't get the exit of the first chicane down at all.

For most of them, there are one or two places where you can gain a tenth or two on him as he makes a slow corner exit or doesn't exploit the track limit as much as he could.

At Willow he only really makes two errors and either of those only cost him about half a tenth. He does though take T2 pretty much perfect at Willow which is frustrating to copy!! One tip I can give for that is to make sure the red dot above the rev gauge doesn't 'go beyond' the edge of the rev gauge. So, if the dot is at the end of it's range and you're turning even more, you'll just get understeer and scrub off more speed. It's almost a minigame of getting the dot as close to the edge and no more.

From hardest to easiest:

This seems like your opinion. Mount panaroma and brands hatch are way harder then nordschelife. You dont have any room for mistakes in mount panaroma and brands hatch but you do have a lot room for mistakes in nordschelife.

This seems like your opinion.
Of course that's his opinion. Just the same as this is yours.

Mount panaroma and brands hatch are way harder then nordschelife.
Just as @mclarenLB has his in the first post, and @F4H Super GT has his above yours.

I found Dragon Trail easiest (to get gold) followed by Monza, Interlagos and Maggiore. (Haven't done/attempted the rest yet.)

It's all relative. Out of all 10 challenges, it's the easier one. That's not saying it is easy, it's saying it's easier/less difficult than the others.

From what I’ve tried the Nordschleife one with the Sauber was by far the easiest. Mainly because the car is actually fun to drive with lots of power and downforce. I’m really struggling with the GT3 car as usual.

Also as you’re on here. Have you told the story of what happened in the pro-am event at the GT World Finals event with Lewis Hamilton? Just wondering as we heard he attempted to banish you to the shadow realm?

From what I’ve tried the Nordschleife one with the Sauber was by far the easiest. Mainly because the car is actually fun to drive with lots of power and downforce. I’m really struggling with the GT3 car as usual.

Also as you’re on here. Have you told the story of what happened in the pro-am event at the GT World Finals event with Lewis Hamilton? Just wondering as we heard he attempted to banish you to the shadow realm?

The Nordschleife lap from Lewis is one of his worst overall I would say but I ranked it slightly higher in difficulty because it's very easy to make one mistake on the whole lap which will kill your time.

I'm trying to get footage of the Lewis Hamilton exhibition race before telling the story.

I was trying to be objective rather then just how i feel.

How difficult each individual finds each challenge is always going to be subjective. The only way to get an objective order of difficulty would be to average out everyones list. It already seems that if you did that Monza and Interlagos would be at the easier end and Willow Springs at the harder end.

If course even then that doesn't mean an average list will be true for all individuals. Some people will find Willow Springs easier than some of the others. That doesn't mean they are wrong or not being objective, it's just different for them.

With the help of Kie25 and SuperGT, I'll try to daimond Maggiore this afternoon ;) Some stuff in there I didn't really think about 👍

I run the car with BB -3 and find it a lot less understeery on the braking than the supposed +2 :odd:

I also got this message when my system was still busy copying the update file.
Is anyone getting an error message saying 'This content cannot be selected at this time' if they try and buy the DLC through the game?

I'm thinking it might be because I'm using a US account in the UK.[/QUOTE

How difficult each individual finds each challenge is always going to be subjective. The only way to get an objective order of difficulty would be to average out everyones list.
The % away from the world #1 would give a reasonable guide as well.
Willow 1:10.871 1:11.308 = 0.617%
Suzuka 1:57.544 1:58.508 = 0.820%
Brands 1:22.209 1:22.965 = 0.920%
Interlagos 1:29.882 1:30.923 = 1.158%
Maggiore 1:54.067 1:55.455 = 1.217%
Panorama 1:59.950 2:01.477 = 1.273%
Nurb GP 1:53.816 1:55.368 = 1.364%
Seaside 1:35.654 1:37.094 = 1.505%
Monza 1:45.381 1:46.972 = 1.510%
Nurb Nord 5:27.650 5:40.622 = 3.959%

The last one can't really be compared, as it's a different car, but I think it's a pretty good guide for the rest.

If I look at this recent Suzuka Gr.3 RH leaderboard for comparison
https://www.kudosprime.com/gts/rankings.php?sec=daily&eid=20556,20562,20559,
It has 63655 players, and 0.820% away from #1 is 59th, i.e. top 0.088% of the players who did daily race qualifying. As a % of the total player base, the % who can do that will be even smaller.

Latest Posts

Back