**COMPLETED** SNAIL-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge: Season 1 Champion: Rob Brown

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 1,627 comments
Confirming for Jan 3.
Tex36 had a practice lobby up and we ran a couple 15 minute races. In that time period, I managed to sneak in a sub 1:26 lap time. After those 2 races, X-rad asked if he could tune. Oh crap, he wasn't using a tune? We're in trouble. He threw on a tune and set a 1:25.3xx. Even SAM stopped by late for a few laps. Took him all of 3 laps to set 1:25.5xx. I'd cry if it were with the spec 911.

Confirming for Jan 3.
Tex36 had a practice lobby up and we ran a couple 15 minute races. In that time period, I managed to sneak in a sub 1:26 lap time. After those 2 races, X-rad asked if he could tune. Oh crap, he wasn't using a tune? We're in trouble. He threw on a tune and set a 1:25.3xx. Even SAM stopped by late for a few laps. Took him all of 3 laps to set 1:25.5xx. I'd cry if it were with the spec 911.
I was able to post low 1:26's after some lapping in Race Hards. My guess is low to mid 1:25's will be fast lap pace, with upper 1:25's-mid 1:26's avg lap pace. Thanks for the info. Was xrad on Race Hard or Race Mediums? And yes, SamHain is from another world:dunce:

@SAMHAIN85 is just not human.
B05E1E07-826D-4DA1-ABFE-1468C6FE2E09.jpeg

You guys. Lol

@SAMHAIN85 Is quite fast but even he had trouble keeping it on track with the Miata's last night at Laguna. You have to remember, SAM spends a good amount of time on the game so it is good practice. He is fast for that reason. I love racing him. It helps me see where I can improve since I don't spend much time at all on the game. A few laps behind him usually helps me drop .5 to almost a full second. That is until I put two off and then hit the gravel trap.

You have to remember, SAM spends a good amount of time on the game

I do??

Believe it or not, last night was the first time I've ever turned a lap at Laguna with a wheel in GT. Sure I've done probably 1,000 laps there in GT5 and GT6, but with a DS3/DS4 :)

The corkscrew feels like it's on a sharper angle now in Sport. And those kerbs are deadly!

I do??

Believe it or not, last night was the first time I've ever turned a lap at Laguna with a wheel in GT. Sure I've done probably 1,000 laps there in GT5 and GT6, but with a DS3/DS4 :)

The corkscrew feels like it's on a sharper angle now in Sport. And those kerbs are deadly!

Seriously deadly kerbs, you're not kidding. You were always that fast on GT6 with a humble controller?! I thought you had a wheel this whole time, so kudos to you for that. Much more respect.

Sunset looks beautiful as well

I do??

So yeah, I actually rolled the miata hitting one of those sausage kerbs Lol. It could be very funny if it were to happen during a race.

Being that I haven't played the current version of LS until last night all of my lines are a little off because of those kerbs. They added them to the track to keep people from cutting the track too much and because it helps keep sand off the track. But man they sure do suck! lol

7422499542582427648_0.jpg

Season Event #6
Friday, January 3rd, 2020

at 9:00pm est
Confirmation Reminder Post
To all Drivers tagged in this post, please confirm your status by posting here in the thread or via PSN message that you "will" or "will not" be racing by 5pm Friday (race night) to secure your grid spot and/or to adhere to the absentee policy.
Below are links for easy reference for policies, procedures, and series information for anyone who needs them.

Confirmation and Absentee Policy

Reserve Driver Process and Information

Qualifying Procedure

1st/Main Porsche Cup Challenge Post-All.necessary info is here

A reminder to the Reserve Drivers: open/available grid spot priority on race night is given to the Reserve drivers who confirm their attendance first. Whether you confirmed early, or after the Confirmation Reminder Post is posted, your confirmation of availability date and time will be referenced for priority on race night.

Anyone with a 👍 has been confirmed and noted to be present on Friday January 3rd. Everyone else, please confirm, here in the thread or via PSN message, that you "will" or "will not" make it no later than 5pm est Friday January 3rd. *Please reply either way*

Looking forward to our next race at: WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca
<<(Link has all Race Night Information to set up for practice.) See you all on track.:cheers:

👍= will be present
(X)= notified of absence
(?)= Questionable

Primary Drivers List
👍 @llNovall
👍 @thracerviewr
👍 @Rob Brown
👍 @TEX36
👍 @GTP_Guido
👍 @basswerks1
@USERID_77a23
👍 @nmcp1
👍 @Fudman420
@pags
👍 @CPT_RowdyGiff
👍 @Phlano099
👍 @gulfvet67
👍 @Moby45
👍 @TomMang_68
👍 @FREEREVN

RESERVE LIST (6)
@SlvrOnyx
👍 @DesertPenguin 3rd Reserve

@N38824r
👍 @Roman_GT23 2nd Reserve
@Noob01_lmdead
@oharagbr19
👍 @Drummer79 (1st Reserve)

@Bologna_Duc

Last edited:
I will be at the 1/3 Event.
Currently doing maintenance on the Family car - will join the Practice asap

Last edited:
Porsche GT3 practice room at Laguna

CLOSED

Last edited:
How are you fellas enjoying this car?

I just got it for iRacing a few days ago and my gosh is this thing a hoot to drive. It may help that iR just rolled out an updated tire model for this one and a few others, but holy madness this thing is fun!
Hi Lesson,
Just curious if you got the actual Porsche GT3 Cup car or the 911 GT3 RS. We use the 911 GT3RS since we dont have the actual Cup car. This car has been a hit for the series, but took everyone a minute to get comfortable with it. During preseason testing, we ran "no tuning", and the car was a handfull... to the point you spent more time trying to not make mistakes than racing. In the attempt to fall into a more "Porsche Cup car like" feel, tuning became allowed, and since everyone has been quite open in sharing tunes and settings, the racing has been some of the best I have experienced with a group of drivers. Our last race was a highlight of the competition we have going on. In Race 1, I and nmcp1 literally ran nose to tail for 37 of a 40 minute race, exchanging positions multiple times, while keeping it exceptionally clean, and Race 2 was more shuffling of positions with other drivers and much the same. In shorter words, this car and the series has been a blast. I'm certain you will enjoy the car whichever one it is, and the racing it will bring.

I would love the actual GT3 Cup car in game but this car is pretty close. It even has a roll bar in it.

I have run 3 races in this series and they have all been really fun. Even though my 3rd race was a disaster for me that I had to leave. But the closeness between drivers is very good and a lot of fun. Our race at SPA was probably one of the best I have seen not counting a recent race in the Lambo Super Trofeo series Nova runs.

This is a great series. Worth taking the time to be a part of.

@llNovall

Ahhh. iRacing has the actual GT3 Cup car. Don't know how the GT3 RS would be in comparison. I also have the RSR (a GTE car), but they are very different vehicles.

Regardless, from the sound of it the are similar with regard to the challenge of keeping her under you whilst still trying to go fast. I guess that's the fun of it... just gettingh comfortable not being comfortable. :)

Back