**COMPLETED** SNAIL-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge: Season 1 Champion: Rob Brown

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 1,627 comments
Porsche GT3 practice room

CLOSED - Done for the night
Unable to get any faster

Last edited:
I'm going to have to change to tentative. Have tomorrow off work and I'm going to go snowboarding. I might make it back in time but there's a good possibility I won't. I'll update around 4pm pst.

Anybody want to share a good target lap time for me (gold)
Nova has good targets.
I'm running low 2:07's consistent, with the occasional dip into the hi 2:06's on Race Hards. My guess for a target on fast pace with race Mediums is low-mid 2:06's.
Of course I’m on RM for the race but wanted to see if I could run Nova’s time (low 2:07) on RHs. I was all over the place (time-wise) for laps with race hards. Got 8s, 9s, 10s and most consistently . . . the walls. It’s too humiliating to think how the platinum guys can do what they do, so I choose to harbor ill feelings towards them :mad: :eek: :lol::lol::lol: I haven’t tried RM yet but I bet the car behaves like it’s on rails by comparison.

Nova has good targets.

Of course I’m on RM for the race but wanted to see if I could run Nova’s time (low 2:07) on RHs. I was all over the place (time-wise) for laps with race hards. Got 8s, 9s, 10s and most consistently . . . the walls. It’s too humiliating to think how the platinum guys can do what they do, so I choose to harbor ill feelings towards them :mad: :eek: :lol::lol::lol: I haven’t tried RM yet but I bet the car behaves like it’s on rails by comparison.

I got 3 words for you....

Lewis Hamilton Torture.........I mean challenge :crazy:

I had a few minutes to run some laps, so I just modified a saved SNAIL lobby. Took me 6 or 7 laps to figure out what was going on. First, I had last turned ABS off, so that was very different. I turned it to weak (normal for me) and still the car felt unstable. 2 other randoms were in the room and I started a 4 lapper. During the race, I realized that tuning was off due to the SNAIL settings. I could only muster a 2:10.5 on RH. I made a new room in order to turn on tuning. I only managed a 2:08.7, a full 2 seconds behind the platinum guys. Yep, that's why I'm gold.

Just ran my first few lap and managed a 2:07.2xx after about 5 laps.

This will be an interesting race for sure...
Where’s the dislike button?
Ok, switched to RM and did a race with Johnny, Roman & Tex. Managed 1 lap 2:06.8. Roman can go deeper in the 06s on RH. He switched to RM for giggles and posted a high 04 in just 2 timed laps. I’m not so giggly but it’s good he’s on RH. Maybe Nova will put him on SS. JK. Yes, ought to be interesting tomorrow.

Last edited:
Where’s the dislike button?
Ok, switched to RM and did a race with Johnny, Roman & Tex. Managed 1 lap 2:06.8. Roman can go deeper in the 06s on RH. He switched to RM for giggles and posted a high 04 in just 2 timed laps. I’m not so giggly but it’s good he’s on RH. Maybe Nova will put him on SS. JK. Yes, ought to be interesting tomorrow.

ssshhhhhhhhh. You're scaring the children :scared:

Screenshot_20200219-015709_Photos.jpg

Event #8

February 21st, 2020
at Mount Panorama

ITS RACE NIGHT FELLAS!
All drivers tagged below have confirmed and are expected to race for tonight. We have 13, possibly 14 drivers (if Fudman420 can make it), set for the grid tonight including our only Reserve driver confirmed available so far for the event. I'm hoping to hear from basswerks1, gulfvet67, or some more Reserves to fill out the grid before race time.

Race Room opens for entry and warmup at 9pm est. Please verify you are on the correct tires and in the correct livery. All entries must be in before qualifying which is set to start at 9:15pm est.
(Primary Party Chat will be opened just before the room creation)

**Please be reminded that the grid will be set manually after qualifying to allow drivers to return to the lobby to perform the "NO ABS Bug" work around. See below:
1.) After qualifying, exit track to lobby, but do not cancel your entry (green check mark must stay selected)
2.) Go to your "Options" icon, change/verify your desired settings
3.) Go to "Members List" at top of the screen to verify everything is right.
4.) Wait for race to start.
This sequence must be done before race 2 as well, so repeat the steps above between races. (No need to cancel entry)**

As everyone seems to be expecting, tonight's race at Mount Panorama may prove to be our biggest challenge of the series. Be very patient in the opening laps at turn 1 and through the confined mountain section of the circuit. Be mindful of drivers braking early to compensate for other drivers or trouble ahead. Anyone who happens to get tied up in an accident, be aware of your surroundings, where you came to rest on the track, and if there are cars approaching. Make every attempt to clear the line or stay in place when necessary. This track, despite its challenge and tight sections, does present opportunities to pass. The first and last sector straightaways and connecting corners are probably the safest and best opportunities to execute a pass. Be patient and set the driver up that you are chasing, and just pressure on this track could be all that's needed to induce an error. While being a big challenge, I would not be surprised to see this race create some intense battles across the field. Get those last minute laps in, and looking forward to seeing everyone on the grid tonight.
Good luck Drivers.:cheers:

GRID for EVENT #8 at Mount Panorama

@llNovall/ II-NOVA-II
@Rob Brown / no1needs2perish
@TEX36
@GTP_Guido
@USERID_77a23
@nmcp1
@CPT_RowdyGiff /Johnnyg_91
@Moby45
@TomMang_68 /OMG_Mang
@FREEREVN
@DesertPenguin
@Roman_GT23
@GCimprezaFTW (1st Reserve)
@Fudman420 (tentative)

Waiting for status
@basswerks1
@gulfvet67

Event #8 Drivers/Teams and Team Points Update

Last edited:
Great racing to all drivers on the grid tonight. While it was a heavy challenge, the racing by everyone was top tier and some of the most exciting and exhausting races I have had in a long time. Great job to @GCimprezaFTW on his first race night of the season with a strong performance. Scores, photos, edited replays, and the post race debrief will be posted late tomorrow night/early Sunday.
For anyone looking to review the replays and/or capture some photos, search racing photos tag: snailgt3cup.

Great racing to all drivers on the grid tonight. While it was a heavy challenge, the racing by everyone was top tier and some of the most exciting and exhausting races I have had in a long time. Great job to @GCimprezaFTW on his first race night of the season with a strong performance. Scores, photos, edited replays, and the post race debrief will be posted late tomorrow night/early Sunday.
For anyone looking to review the replays and/or capture some photos, search racing photos tag: snailgt3cup.

Proper racing last night gents, that was the biggest challenge I've had in a while. Huge props to you maniacs that stayed on RH tires. I plan on grabbing some photos and reviewing the race today at some point. I'll throw the tags on and let you all know here, if you're interested. Thanks for the racing! It was epic, to say the least

agh balls. Now I know how Ferrari felt last season. Fastest in testing and a flop when it mattered.

Great racing but I have a sour taste in my mouth. The car didn't feel like it did when I practiced with some of the others. Then like 10min into the second race I remembered how to take that dam downhill esses from the peak of the mountain. Also I did something to my wrist during the race and it really really really hurts lol.

Suzuka is not one of my best tracks but I think my Catalyna setup will transfer well there.

Back