**COMPLETED** SNAIL-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge: Season 1 Champion: Rob Brown

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 1,627 comments
To keep everyone up to date on some driver shuffle:
Last event, we had 3 drivers that were no report/no shows, which would typically result in their primary spots being solicited, however we only had 1 Reserve interested in Primary driver status. With that being the case, the driver with the lowest event attendance (DesertPenguin) was relegated to Reserve status.
basswerks1 of TPC Racing unfortunately has since requested removal from the series due to personal affairs and busy schedule.

As a result, @DesertPenguin has been reinstated back to primary driver status, but to a different team. He will now be racing with TPC Racing in the No. 868 car.
8431403782159467560_23-1.jpg

Welcome back to the primary drivers roster.

20200123_022555.jpg

New Series Testing

Snail Gr4
M
ichelin Pilot
Cup Challenge

Hey Fellas,
I wanted invite all current Snail-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge and Lamborghini Super Trofeo Cup drivers, including Reserves, who might be available for an impromptu test session tomorrow night around 1030pm est for a planned Snail sanctioned Gr4 Cup Challenge styled series inspired by the Michelin Pilot Cup Challenge. The plan is to be multi class, GS and TCR, and will incorporate a driver skill equalizer through BOP Regulation and different tire compounds to reel in the aliens, as well as concession hp/weight help to drivers off the average pace of the driver field. The goal is for all drivers to fall within 0.5 sec of each other in fast lap pace. Every attempt at a position should present an opportunity for a battle and challenge every driver. Lap consistency, limiting mistakes, and racecraft will be the difference. As with the Porsche series, this is less about having a runaway winner, and more about the battles and challenges of navigating an equalized field of varying skilled drivers.

Progress so far has been establishing custom base BOP Regulations to get all cars within 0.3% of each other in time (about 3-4 tenths).
Now is the process of testing the time trial and driver leveling system. That's where were at now.
If interested in joining us tomorrow night, choose a car from the list and set to the base BOP Regulations in the chart below. Tuning it is up to you...leveling adjustments will be made off of the times your posting when you start lapping. Once you begin lapping, please do not make any further adjustments. Since this will be a dry run, leveling will be a blanket leveling of driver pace groups rather than driver specific to save time which will be messaged in the chat box in game. It wont be exact, but should give an idea if the system can work.
Series Tire: Race Medium (unless issued Race Hards for handicapping)
Screenshot_20200312-233914_Sheets.jpg

TIMELINE
*Planning to submit Series to Snail BOD's for Friday night scheduling approval to run under the Snail Banner some time in April.
*Then recruitment/signups in April/May.
*June/July will be Exhibition/Format Test Runs and to dial in all driver leveling
*Series Season to start early August.

*Either bi weekly schedule as the only series running, or monthly opposite of the Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge if interest is strong enough to support a season 2.

Hope to see some of you running with us tomorrow night and get some thoughts on the new series.

👍 @llNovall Porsche Cayman/RS Megane
👍 @Rob Brown
👍 @TEX36 M4/RS Megane
👍 @GTP_Guido
@USERID_77a23
@nmcp1
@Fudman420
👍 @CPT_RowdyGiff
@Phlano099
@gulfvet67
@Moby45
@TomMang_68
@Roman_GT23
@GCimprezaFTW
@Kevin Barrett
@SlvrOnyx
@pags
@Bologna_Duc
@SAMHAIN85
@Noob01_lmdead
@DesertPenguin
@SDM_Viper
@Whitey093
@Mark Elman / LmanKram7
@ThomRos02
@Chisholm6192
@Jw_wk1010
@RotaryRiot
@Kgffy
@bigbeefytaco / LilChickenNugget

Last edited:
I'd be interested but that's a long wait and I couldn't even remotely tell you if my schedule will allow me to participate in that mount of time. Hell I don't even know what I'm doing next week. :lol:

I'd be interested but that's a long wait and I couldn't even remotely tell you if my schedule will allow me to participate in that mount of time. Hell I don't even know what I'm doing next week. :lol:
It's a process, but I dont want to push the series until everything is just right. The Porsche series was a long wait to get started, but well worth the wait, and the monthly schedule keeps it fresh and something to look forward to. And my work schedule can only afford 2 guaranteed Fridays a month. Hence 2 series scheduled at a time or biweekly running one series. Stay tuned.

I’ll be there. Will run the RS Megane and run some laps this afternoon - and see if there is a Tune setup for it.
As to a GS car: I’ll also go with the BMW M4

Last edited:
Testing room open
ID: 0475 4146 2280 1145 1460

Each driver choose a GS and a TCR car from the list to start. We will be running Gs first at Suzuka. Be sure to set the BOP of your chosen cars to the base numbers shown in the chart.
Screenshot_20200312-233914_Sheets.jpg

Run some laps to get a time posted. I will then quick review and group drivers into blanket leveling to adjust regs. Party chat will be open.

Testing room open
ID: 0475 4146 2280 1145 1460

Each driver choose a GS and a TCR car from the list to start. We will be running Gs first at Suzuka. Be sure to set the BOP of your chosen cars to the base numbers shown in the chart.
View attachment 899577

Run some laps to get a time posted. I will then quick review and group drivers into blanket leveling to adjust regs. Party chat will be open.
Great testing session tonight to everyone who helped out. @Xradkins and @SAMHAIN85 thank for the cooperation on the handicapping of your cars...got alot of data and was able to confirm my driver leveling system can work even with the on the fly approach we had tonight. I expect it to be even more buttoned up with proper sign up time Trialing and and Exhibition race or two to align all drivers.
Thanks again fellas. More info will be posted soon in the group pm.

Just ran some laps for the first time and was able to get down to the high 03s. Talk about running around on the ragged edge each lap and each corner. This is going to be fun!
I was expecting low 2:04's as fast lap pace, but 2:03's is getting quick. I got alot of work to do iif I'm going to be competitive this Event. I think I was running very hi 2:04's. I'm sure I could get a few more tenths, but I dont see myself finding 2:03's. Curious to see where the fast lap pace ends up. Nice job and see you Friday.

For the most part my pace was in the 204-5s. I had 1 lap where everything lined up, the abuse of the curbs didn't result in a spin and i hit the 03.9. The track is tough enough keeping on the racing line and being in the lap times you listed will be a good result I think.

Ran several laps today 2:04.9 was best (on RM). Pretty sad by comparison to y’all turning better on RH.
Lap times were in 05s most of the time. Car very “Tail slippery” in Spoon

Ran several laps today 2:04.9 was best (on RM). Pretty sad by comparison to y’all turning better on RH.
Lap times were in 05s most of the time. Car very “Tail slippery” in Spoon
Your in the heat...my best so far is a 2:04.8 with an optimal potential time showing at 2:04.4. That's about all of it for me without draft help. Low 2:04.0's should be all of it for the Platinums, and any Golds going faster than 2:03.9's are nearing too fast (my fastest on rm was a 2:03.7), especially if they drop multiple or consistent laps in those times. There are 2-3 Gold Class drivers that are right on the edge of bumping up if consistency is shown, but up to now, its been hit or miss fast laps save for an event or two which likely were those drivers strong tracks.

We have a full grid set for Friday, so I'm expecting a great race night. Pre-Race post will be put some time tomorrow or Friday.

Get those practice laps in.

Gon die tomorrow. Suzuka is mostly one line. Car won't turn. Car wants to kill me, Suzuka has low grip. Gold rating demotion here I come!
Lol, never gonna happen...I already know how fast you are..haha. For real though, this is going to be a tough one for the Platinum Class Drivers. My goal: consistency, no mistakes, and patience. It's a long 2 races. Anything g can happen.:cheers:

Last edited:
Agreed. If it's 2:06 but consistent safe laps I think I'll take it. I think my best is a low 2:05 and I felt like I was on knifes edge
Oh I forgot, going to apologize ahead of time to any Gold Class drivers that find themselves behind my car...I will be intentionally making my car as wide as a Mack truck. I promise I won't block, but good defense is going to be my weapon of choice for tomorrow night.:cheers:

Last edited:
Oh I forgot, going to apologize ahead of time to any Gold Class drivers that find themselves behind my car...I will be intentionally making my car as wide as a Mack truck. I promise I won't block, but good defense is going to be my weapon of choice for tomorrow night.:cheers:
I have a front bumper I have found very handy in that situation! Jk:gtpflag:

8440388916079525888_0.jpg

Event #9
March 20st, 2020
at Suzuka Circuit
Pre-Race
Driver's Briefing

Just over 24 hours to Race time!!
Let's start by saying I hope everyone and their family is and remains healthy and making it through this crisis. Not a bad time to be a virtual racer.
Now to the Pre-Race Report:
All drivers tagged below have confirmed and are expected to race tomorrow night giving us a full 16 car grid. As many of you who stay up on the thread already know, there has been some driver turnover since our last race. @Kevin Barrett has joined our series and will be racing for TOPPRacing for his debut as a Platinum primary driver in the No. 42 car. Welcome, and good luck:cheers:. @GCimprezaFTW accepted the vacant ACI Motorsports seat in the No 18 car and will be his second race with the series, first as a primary driver. And lastly, @DesertPenguin has been reinstated back to primary driver status after the retirement of basswerks1, and will be contributing to TPC Racing on their team points lead in the No. 868 car since his old seat had been filled. Welcome back and good luck as well.
Moby45 and TomMang_68 will not be attending Event #9, therefore, we will have our 2 available Reserve drivers on the grid. @Bologna_Duc will be racing for Kelly-Moss R&R in the No. 73 car, and @Noob01_lmdead will be joining GTP_Guido for the event at NGT Motorsports in the No. 23 race car. Glad to have both of you with us:cheers:.

@Rob Brown and @TEX36 will continue to try and extend their team points lead, with Flying Lizard Motorsports and ACI Motorsports making moves to close in. The team and driver standings, which are close among the top 3 as well, will be interesting after 1 drop event is calculated after this event. The points Championships could get a bit exciting towards end. Good luck to all teams and drivers:cheers:
Team Standings and Drivers for Event #9 at Suzuka
With the Challenge of Suzuka and avery competitive field, this race could mount up to be among one of the best. Highlights to come:tup:. I would recommend, if you haven't had any practice, get some laps in before race time...finding pace seems to require a progressive build up to find the faith in the car. The main pace range looks to be in 2:04-2:05.5's, give or take a little. I expect there will be battles all over the grid. Drivers are reminded to be patient in the opening laps, and since there seems to be one optimal line at Suzuka, patience will be needed to study and pick your spots to pass. As has been the case all season, let's continue to showcase the racecraft, on-track etiquette, and sportsmanship of this group of drivers and Snail.

Race Room opens for entry and warmup at 9pm est. Please verify you are on the correct tires and in the correct livery. All entries must be in before qualifying which is set to start at 9:15pm est.
(Primary Party Chat will be opened just before the room creation)

**Please be reminded that the grid will be set manually after qualifying to allow drivers to return to the lobby to perform the "NO ABS Bug" work around. See below:
1.) After qualifying, exit track to lobby, but do not cancel your entry (green check mark must stay selected)
2.) Go to your "Options" icon, change/verify your desired settings
3.) Go to "Members List" at top of the screen to verify everything is right.
4.) Wait for race to start.
This sequence must be done before race 2 as well, so repeat the steps above between races. (No need to cancel entry)**

GRID for EVENT #9 at Suzuka Circuit

@llNovall
@Rob Brown
@TEX36
@GTP_Guido
@USERID_77a23
@nmcp1
@Fudman420
@CPT_RowdyGiff
@Phlano099
@gulfvet67
@Roman_GT23