Confirmed GT4 Touring Cars(renders page 1)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sambert
  • 74 comments
  • 5,156 views

Select the touring car that you are most anticipating in GT4.


  • Total voters
    162
  • Poll closed .
The Alfa's an old favorite of mine. I'm interested in that Evo Benz, though.
 
I really hope they have some of this years DTM cars. They look amazing and would be a blast to drive around the Ring in.
Anyway I voted Alfa 155. Great handling and sound in GT2

Heihachi: What list are you talking about? The would be great if they had a decent Ford in the game!
 
supra_luva209
What list are you talking about? The would be great if they had a decent Ford in the game!


There’s a falcon (FPR) listed on the main car list. Wonder which one it will be as FPR run a few different liveries??
 
Heihachi
There’s a falcon (FPR) listed on the main car list. Wonder which one it will be as FPR run a few different liveries??

My guess is the updated Ford Credit car. I would however prefer the Shell Falcon.
 

Attachments

  • seton_800.jpg
    seton_800.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 30
  • falc.jpg
    falc.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 22
Heihachi
6mg.jpg



If the list is correct then we can expect one of the newer FPV Falcons. Hope the old Mobil 1 returns along with some competition. Maybe Xbox advertising will get in the way of the official HRT car eh??
Who said XBox sponsorship had to go in? Maybe PD could use a bit of creativity with the car modelling and only realise a few months after shipping that they forgot to include said sponsorship ...

And Smaberto, I think I'd prefer Craig Lowdnes #6 FPV. The whole black-white-and-yello thing looks a whole lot meaner ...
 
Alfa for me, I want it to beat the ugly old Merc.
 
rg2j
Alfa for me, I want it to beat the ugly old Merc.

For those with good memories of GT2, what was faster—Calibra or the 155
 
Lambolover
The merc evo is a legendary old skool beast, thats the one i have gone for, however i would like to see some 90's btcc cars in there as well
I want the Volvo stationcar from BTCC.. That was SOOO trick !....
 
Samberto
This poll allows you to select the touring car that you are most anticipating in GT4.
Note: although not strictly a touring car, I have included the M3 as it features in the touring car races in GT4.

Edit: It will be interesting to see if the GT3 model Tickford Falcon reappears.
Let’s hope that there are full six car grids for V8 Supercars, DTM etc…

Now um, don't flame or anything
but is it just me that believes that the Ford in the attached files is a GT3 screenshot...or did u mean to put it up Samberto?
 
Samberto
There is footage of the PD team testing a green Nescafe sponsored Laguna in the Prologue ending movie. (outside Renault factory)

Yeah, for some reason I always remember that part when they are pushing it back in. Although the racemod Laguna in GT2 had no sponsors whatsoever it was just green, although all the other cars did. To be honest that was one of the nice suprises in GT2, I hope they have simmilar things like that in GT4.
 
Now um, don't flame or anything
but is it just me that believes that the Ford in the attached files is a GT3 screenshot...or did u mean to put it up Samberto?
Ronal, I noted in Post 1 that the Tickford Falcon has not been confirmed. The attachments on the bottom row (post 1)are GT3 screens, however all of the cars bar the Falcon have appeared in recent GT4 images.


Heihachi
For those with good memories of GT2, what was faster—Calibra or the 155
My knowledge of GT2 is limited. Here are the torque and horsepower specs for GT4. Note the greater torque at lower revs for the Alfa. (See below)
Edit: booting up GT2…
 

Attachments

  • t31.jpg
    t31.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 56
M3 GTR for me...


;)
 
The M3 GTR got my vote for now, though it was tough to decide betwee that and the Opel Astra, as I love racing with this car in Pro Race Driver!
 
For those with the necessary tools it is possible to hack the GTR’s shell out of the BMW demo. See M3 shell on 120d base below.

Edit: highly surprised at the poor showing for the Abt TT.
 

Attachments

  • gt.jpg
    gt.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 49
Samberto
For those with the necessary tools it is possible to hack the GTR’s shell out of the BMW demo. See M3 shell on 120d base below.
Now THAT's a proper sheep in wolfs clothing 👍
 
Heihachi
6mg.jpg



If the list is correct then we can expect one of the newer FPV Falcons. Hope the old Mobil 1 returns along with some competition. Maybe Xbox advertising will get in the way of the official HRT car eh??

HRT Commodore, yes please!
 
I think I'd prefer Craig Lowdnes #6 FPV. The whole black-white-and-yello thing looks a whole lot meaner ...
I think since Lowndes is Fords 'star' driver that they would include his car over the Seton car.
 

Attachments

  • Lowndes GC '04 01.JPG
    Lowndes GC '04 01.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 13
  • Lowndes Adelaide '04 01.JPG
    Lowndes Adelaide '04 01.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 16
  • Lowndes Bathurst '04 03.JPG
    Lowndes Bathurst '04 03.JPG
    65.8 KB · Views: 16
  • Lowndes Adelaide '04 03.JPG
    Lowndes Adelaide '04 03.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 12
I don't like BTTC at all (FF cars) but DTM is one of my favourites. I hope they put Audi A4 DTM in final game.
 
The actual ETCC Alfa, BMW and Seat would be great!!!

156 vss 320 vs Toledo
 
Why not just throw in cars from JGTC, V8s, DTM, BTCC, ETCC (I can only assume the 'E' stands for 'European'), NASCAR, and series from South America, Africa and and anywhere I've missed?
 
Do you race?
Why not just throw in cars from JGTC, V8s, DTM, BTCC, ETCC (I can only assume the 'E' stands for 'European'), NASCAR, and series from South America, Africa and and anywhere I've missed?
...disparity in performance. My hope is that the game provides at least six cars for each racing category.
 
That's what I mean, so we can race each type of touring car. Yes, throwing them all into one race would be nice (sort of a "King of the Hill" -type race) but short-lived.
 
I gav my vote to that good old schooler Merc 190 EVO II.
I've always liked its beasty looks :)
 
...just a thought... isn't the BMW M3 GTR classed as a 'GT' car rather than a touring car? Didn't it race in the same class as the Porsche GT3?
 
TheCracker
...just a thought... isn't the BMW M3 GTR classed as a 'GT' car rather than a touring car? Didn't it race in the same class as the Porsche GT3?

You are correct. Nonetheless, as the car has been consistently shown racing alongside the other touring cars in the game I decided to include it in the poll. I made this distinction in post 1.

Edit: It is interesting to consider what constitutes a touring car these days. It is my view that it should be limited to racers that are derived from sedans/saloons. Further, that the vehicles should retain their original engines and drive-train layouts. V8 powered rear wheel drive TTs stray too far for my tastes. Yes, entertaining racing car…hardly a touring car.
 
Heihachi
For those with good memories of GT2, what was faster—Calibra or the 155
If my memory serves me right I believe the Calibra was faster, it's acceleration was phenomenol but it had a very limited top speed even when tinkering with the gears it wouldn't go past 310km/h I think. Alfa was a lot more stable though so where the Calibra gained in the straights the Alfa caught up by better braking and faster through the corners, I remember racing a mate, he was in the Alfa and I was in the Calibra around Rome night, I think I got beat by 0.22 secs in a 5 lap race.
 
DeltaS4
I don't like BTTC at all (FF cars) but DTM is one of my favourites. I hope they put Audi A4 DTM in final game.


:) Delta what about some of the older Touring cars that used to race in Britain from the 80's, maybe you liked those such as the Sierra RS500 400bhp Rwd beasty!!! Those were the days of touring cars in the UK!!!

Paul.
 
Samberto
It is interesting to consider what constitutes a touring car these days. It is my view that it should be limited to racers that are derived from sedans/salons. Further, that the vehicles should retain their original engines and drive-train layouts. V8 powered rear wheel drive TTs stray too far for my tastes. Yes, entertaining racing car…hardly a touring car.

I could'nt agree with you more - saloon shell, original engine block and drive train layout - this is how 'Touring Cars' have always been. Anything else is a 'silhouette' formula if you ask me.
 
Aren't the V8 cars known as V8 Supercars instead of Touring Cars though?
 
Back