Confirmed GT4 Touring Cars(renders page 1)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sambert
  • 74 comments
  • 5,156 views

Select the touring car that you are most anticipating in GT4.


  • Total voters
    162
  • Poll closed .
They are generically 'touring cars' even if they want to stroke their egos by calling them 'V8 Supercars' ;)
 
PhatFat
I know the X-Type is only a concept but I was wondering if anyone knows what series the S-type races and/or its specs.

That S-type is from the V8star championship in Germany. This series was set up at a similar time to the current DTM championship. It's not a real touring car, it's a spaceframe racecar with a non-Jag engine. The only Jaguar parts are the body panels. I believe the V8star series is finished and some of the cars are racing in other series (and some appear in the Nurburgring 24hrs).

-----------

I voted for the BMW 320i ETCC car - I'm really looking forward to driving this. It's much closer to a proper touring car than anything we've had in GT before, except possibly the Falcon. But with reasonable power and FR layout and not too much downforce - it should be fun.

The cars I'd really have loved to see are the 80's ETCC cars, the BMW 635CSi, the Rover Vittesse and the Volvo 240T.
 
Wastegate
That S-type is from the V8star championship in Germany. This series was set up at a similar time to the current DTM championship. It's not a real touring car, it's a spaceframe racecar with a non-Jag engine. The only Jaguar parts are the body panels. I believe the V8star series is finished and some of the cars are racing in other series (and some appear in the Nurburgring 24hrs).


thanx for the info.
 
I was sad that the Alfa 155 TC wasn't in GT3. It was one of my faves in GT2.

Gotta vote for that one.

Gotta admit though I can't wait to get my hands on the M3 or the Merc.
 
Merc Evo ofcourse,and the BMW GTR is an GT car,not an Touring Car!
 
Mercedes Evo for me as well although I would love to see some early and mid 90's BTCC cars. The racing that was done with these cars was awesome!
 
Alonsomania
Merc Evo ofcourse,and the BMW GTR is an GT car,not an Touring Car!
This was noted in post 1.

If the 190 EVO road car is on PD’s list, let’s hope that the DTM inspired Astra and CLK make an appearance…their inclusion will provide some consolation if we miss out on Merc/Mclaren SLR.
 

Attachments

  • 2001_Opel_Astra_X_Treme_Concept_2.jpg
    2001_Opel_Astra_X_Treme_Concept_2.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 15
  • astraxtreme10.jpg
    astraxtreme10.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 20
  • clkdtmamg7.jpg
    clkdtmamg7.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 20
  • merc1.jpg
    merc1.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 13
I voted for BMW 320 i ETCC because i love that championship. There are allways great battles in all the races. However BMW 320 i its a touring car with 270 - 280 HP wich means that cannot compete against DTM cars with its 450 HP or even BMW M3 GTR, so i think that only makes sense featuring that car in GT4 if Polyphony add some more ETCC cars like the great Alfa Romeo 156 GTA ETCC, Seat Toledo Cupra ETCC and Volvo S 60 ETCC. About DTM cars i hope to see all the new 2004 seaon saloon cars like the Merc C Class, Audi A4 and Opel Vectra. But even if they put this DTM cars its still missing the Merc CLK DTM 2nd generation from 2002 and 2003 season and the Merc C Class from middle 90`s between Merc 190 Evo and CLK 2000. And what about the twoo great rivals from latest 80`s: BMW M3 (Schnitzer) and Ford Sierra RS 500 (Texaco). About BTCC cars i think theyre great too. they are very similar to ETCC ones and the Vauxhall Astra Coupe its a very good car.
 
Samberto
This was noted in post 1.

If the 190 EVO road car is on PD’s list, let’s hope that the DTM inspired Astra and CLK make an appearance…their inclusion will provide some consolation if we miss out on Merc/Mclaren SLR.

Gotta love that astra, mid engined V8. Wooh it would be amazing.
 
xcsti
Gotta love that astra, mid engined V8. Wooh it would be amazing.

For those without knowledge of the car, don’t go looking for the engine in the boot/trunk…the Astra Extreme is front mid engined.
 
Yeah I should have said FMR, oh well I am an incoherent idiot. Bahhhh!!!!

The merc DTM looks good. The only thing wrong with it, if I am correct, is that it has an auto. Even if it is a good one it still seems wrong.
 
xcsti
Yeah I should have said FMR, oh well I am an incoherent idiot. Bahhhh!!!!

The merc DTM looks good. The only thing wrong with it, if I am correct, is that it has an auto. Even if it is a good one it still seems wrong.

I generally don’t mind mercs as autos…it's all about effortless thrust. However, in the case of the CLK DTM, I would certainly agree with you.

TheCracker
They are generically 'touring cars' even if they want to stroke their egos by calling them 'V8 Supercars' ;)
Aussies stroking their own egos…I’m shocked:lol:
 
Back