Conservatism

Me, clicking on this thread and seeing an enormous photo of MTG

puke GIF
Last photo should have a trigger warning.
Anti-"trans" bigotry isn't a good look, fellas.

Either pick one, conservatives, or just admit that you're too cowardly to own your actual beliefs.
Every accusation is a confession with certain groups of people.
Matt, hope your kids turn out transgender.
I wouldn't wish having Walsh for a dad on anybody, let alone someone who's non-cis.

Last edited:
And here Matt highlights an extremely important problem in the LGTB community. Where kids are afraid to reveal themselves because of asinine, despicable comments like that from their own parents.

Matt, hope your kids turn out transgender.
While I think it'd be hilarious for the bitch to suffer through the supposed indignity of that, I wouldn't wish that for any of the bitch's children because I absolutely believe the bitch capable of perpetrating truly reprehensible acts in that scenario.

I wouldn't wish having Walsh for a dad on anybody, let alone someone who's non-cis.
While I think it'd be hilarious for the bitch to suffer through the supposed indignity of that, I wouldn't wish that for any of the bitch's children because I absolutely believe the bitch capable of perpetrating truly reprehensible acts in that scenario.
You're both absolutely, right. My comment is more of a between-the-lines on Matt's own "preference" over having a transgender child.

A Florida lawmaker has filed the so-called "Ultimate Cancel Act" that would call on the Division of Elections to cancel the filings of any political party that "has previously advocated for, or been in support of, slavery or involuntarily servitude."

State Sen. Blaise Ingoglia, R-Spring Hill, filed SB 1248 on Tuesday.

If passed, the legislation would also impact voters of any such political party, automatically changing their status to "no party affiliation."

Since Florida is a closed-primary state, any registered voter of a canceled party would be shut out from participating in a primary election unless he or she changed party affiliations.

Under the proposed law, any canceled political party would be required to reregister no later than six months before any election in which a party seeks to nominate a candidate for office.

"For years now, leftist activists have been trying to cancel people and companies for things they have said or done in the past," Ingoglia said in a statement. "This includes the removal of statues and memorials and the renaming of buildings. Using this standard, it would be hypocritical not to cancel the Democrat Party itself for the same reason."

A news release from Ingoglia's office announcing the filing of the legislation claims the Democratic Party adopted pro-slavery positions into their platforms during the party's 1840, 1844, 1856, 1860 and 1864 conventions.

"Some people want to have uncomfortable conversations about certain subjects," Ingoglia said. "Let's have those conversations."

Former Florida Agriculture Commissioner and failed gubernatorial candidate Nikki Fried told reporters she's not surprised by the new legislation. Fried was recently selected to serve as chair of the Florida Democratic Party.

"Shame on the radical Republican party for initiating some type of a piece of legislation of this magnitude," Fried said. "This is what a dictator does. This is what a fascist does."

If passed, the law would take effect July 1.
Mental. Illness.

This bitch cries about "cancel culture" (BOO!!!--it is a bogeyman in the same vein as "political correctness" [BOO!!!], after all) while, as conservatives so often do, willfully disregarding the fact that "cancel culture" (BOO!!!) is, fundamentally, free exercise of the right to expression, association, and property. "Cancel culture" (BOO!!!) notably lacks the legitimate state action that this bitch is swinging. Conservatives should recognize this fact because they don't hesitate to use what they so often decry as "cancel culture" (BOO!!!) when it suits their interests.

Do remember that Democrats in the time of slavery were themselves conservatives and even waved the "states' rights" flag that conservatives wave today (only when it suits them, of course--seeking federal enforcement of favored causes, like the drug war and federal abortion prohibition proposals) against Lincoln's strong federal government.

Oh and if you've been around this subforum at least a few years and you recall similar sentiment espoused here, your memory doesn't fail you. Compare the connie bitchfit cited in the article above with these remarks:

Are you suggesting the Democratic Party does not have a racist past? Given how many people today are being held accountable for things they did or said decades ago, why should the Democratic Party be any different?
Practically verbatim. Quelle surprise.

cancel the filings of any political party that "has previously advocated for, or been in support of, slavery or involuntarily servitude."
Republicans have loved naming themselves Constitutionalists in their desire to "preserve" it.

17 names on the Constitution were in support of slaves.

ChEcK mAtE, Cons.

State Rep. Bryan Slaton (R-Greenville) has filed House Bill 2889, which would roll back all property taxes for Texans with ten children.

With more than $30 billion in surplus tax revenue being bartered about in this session of the Texas Legislature, top Republicans have made it clear that some form of property tax relief is a major priority. However, the final form of the relief is yet to be determined.

Under Slaton’s bill, married couples with four children, including adopted ones, would receive a 40 percent property tax credit. At ten or more children, the tax credit would be 100 percent. The bill clarifies that the couple must stay married.

“With this bill, Texas will start saying to couples: ‘Get married, stay married, and be fruitful and multiply,’” said Slaton in a press release.

At first glance, Slaton’s bill looks like part of the recent pro-family movement Texas Republicans have been considering since the fall of Roe v. Wade and the near-total ban on abortion in the state. Last session, the state extended the time new parents could receive postpartum Medicaid coverage to six months while still refusing to fully expand coverage under the Affordable Care Act. Far right advocacy groups like Texas Right to Life and the Texas Public Policy Foundation have been petitioning lawmakers to buff it again to a full year this session.

Slaton’s bill likely has more to do with his extreme religious views. Slaton, who is a former minister, is one of the state’s most fervent conservative culture warriors when it comes to painting regressive polices as Christian dogma. It’s Slaton who has proposed banning minors from all drag events, something that could potentially outlaw trans people from being around children at all, depending on how the law is written or interpreted. Slaton has spent much of his time in the state legislature tacking on various anti-LGBT amendments to bills as part of his ideological crusade.

On top of that, he’s been connected to Jake Neidert, a Christian nationalist who has called for trans people to be executed in the streets. Neidert formerly worked as an intern for Slaton before getting hired as legislative director for State Rep. Tony Tinderholt (R-Arlington), Slaton’s close partner in many bills aimed at curtailing the rights of LGBT people.

A significant part of modern Christian extremism is large families, sometimes known as the quiverfull movement. The practice is rooted in white supremacy and the idea that white Christians must birth an army of God. As Rick Pidcock put it in Baptist News, “The themes of patriarchy and white supremacy paired with the fear of feminism and non-white people were laying the groundwork for what would be considered the American biblical family.”

Because of their many children and the fact that most of these doctrines prohibit women from working outside the home, quiverfull families often live in crushing poverty. Malnutrition and child abuse (including sexual abuse) are rampant, but seen as an acceptable price to pay for building platoons of highly indoctrinated children.

Slaton has no overt connection to the quiverfull movement or the major figures in it, such as Bill Gothard or the Duggar family, but his bill certainly codifies and blesses their belief systems.
Alluded to in the article ["Slaton has spent much of his time in the state legislature tacking on various anti-LGBT amendments to bills as part of his ideological crusade."] but not stated explicitly, H.B. 2889 ("Homestead Tax Credit for Certain Married Couples") grants this legal right only to couples consisting of a man and a woman (these terms are curiously undefined in the text of the bill, but are likely subject to conservative culture war definitions), and couples in which one or both individuals were previously divorced are ineligible. Only counted are children who were born or adopted after the couple were married, or those born to one of the two who is a widow and was subsequently adopted by the other after marriage. Also ineligible are otherwise qualifying married couples who are not homeowners. It's a cornucopia of state discrimination.

Eligibility for the credit is subject to an annual family audit and homestead appraisal. If either dies after approval for the tax credit, the surviving individual remains eligible for the credit as long as they remain unmarried. If one or more children of a qualifying family dies, the deceased are no longer counted and credit decreases accordingly.

Modern American conservatism is mental illness.

Alluded to in the article ["Slaton has spent much of his time in the state legislature tacking on various anti-LGBT amendments to bills as part of his ideological crusade."] but not stated explicitly, H.B. 2889 ("Homestead Tax Credit for Certain Married Couples") grants this legal right only to couples consisting of a man and a woman (these terms are curiously undefined in the text of the bill, but are likely subject to conservative culture war definitions), and couples in which one or both individuals were previously divorced are ineligible. Only counted are children who were born or adopted after the couple were married, or those born to one of the two who is a widow and was subsequently adopted by the other after marriage. Also ineligible are otherwise qualifying married couples who are not homeowners. It's a cornucopia of state discrimination.

Eligibility for the credit is subject to an annual family audit and homestead appraisal. If either dies after approval for the tax credit, the surviving individual remains eligible for the credit as long as they remain unmarried. If one or more children of a qualifying family dies, the deceased are no longer counted and credit decreases accordingly.

Equal protection under the law... for heterosexual married people who have not filed for divorce and own a home.

Last edited:

So last Thursday, Bill Lee, the right trash, rat trash governor of Tennessee, signed into law S.B. 3, criminalizing drag performances in public and in venues where children may be present.

As shown above, though, S.B. 3 doesn't actually mention drag explicitly. The bill amends Tennessee Code defining "adult cabaret performance[s]" to include "male or female performers who provide entertainment that appeals to a prurient interest." Said performances are thereby deemed to be obscene.

"Prurient interest" seems pulled from the ruling in Miller v. California, current Supreme Court precedent on obscenity not benefitting from First Amendment protections, but as the law is written and was passed, hits quite wide of the mark. Miller gave us a substantive test for obscenity which includes, with all relevant context, circumstances in which "'the average person, applying contemporary community standards,' would find that the work, taken as a whole, appeals to the prurient interest." That something simply appeals to prurient interest isn't sufficient under this prong. What's more, the test includes two more prongs ("whether the work depicts or describes, in a patently offensive way, sexual conduct or excretory functions specifically defined by applicable state law" and "whether the work, taken as a whole, lacks serious literary, artistic, political, or scientific value"), and that a single prong is satisfied, which it certainly isn't with regard to this law, isn't sufficient to prohibit expressive acts. All three prongs must be satisfied to be considered obscene and subject to prohibition.

This law is plainly unconstitutional and Republicans in the Tennessee state senate (the final roll call before the bill was sent up was 26-6 with no Republicans voting against and no Democrats voting in support) and the executive simply don't care because the vermin are motivated by conservative culture war grievance and moral panic.

Mental illness.

Last edited:
So last Thursday, Bill Lee, the right trash, rat trash governor of Tennessee, signed into law S.B. 3, criminalizing drag performances in public and in venues where children may be present.

As shown above, though, S.B. 3 doesn't actually mention drag explicitly. The bill amends Tennessee Code defining "adult cabaret performance[s]" to include "male or female performers who provide entertainment that appeals to a prurient interest." Said performances are thereby deemed to be obscene.

"Prurient interest" seems pulled from the ruling in Miller v. California, current Supreme Court precedent on obscenity not benefitting from First Amendment protections, but as the law is written and was passed, hits quite wide of the mark. Miller gave us a substantive test for obscenity which includes, with all relevant context, circumstances in which "'the average person, applying contemporary community standards,' would find that the work, taken as a whole, appeals to the prurient interest." That something simply appeals to prurient interest isn't sufficient under this prong. What's more, the test includes two more prongs ("whether the work depicts or describes, in a patently offensive way, sexual conduct or excretory functions specifically defined by applicable state law" and "whether the work, taken as a whole, lacks serious literary, artistic, political, or scientific value"), and that a single prong is satisfied, which it certainly isn't with regard to this law, isn't sufficient to prohibit expressive acts. All three prongs must be satisfied to be considered obscene and subject to prohibition.

This law is plainly unconstitutional and Republicans in the Tennessee state senate (the final roll call before the bill was sent up was 26-6 with no Republicans voting against and no Democrats voting in support) and the executive simply don't care because the vermin are motivated by conservative culture war grievance and moral panic.

Mental illness.
This kind of repeated attempt to destroy the first amendment wasn't nearly so popular pre-Trump. He did more to erode public respect for the first amendment than any president I'm aware of.

This kind of repeated attempt to destroy the first amendment wasn't nearly so popular pre-Trump. He did more to erode public respect for the first amendment than any president I'm aware of.
I think that's absolutely fair. There's also repeated fruitless legal efforts following the 2020 election to delegitimize the judicial system. But I think Trump is a symptom in addition to a problem, and the authoritarian bent so present for a long time can now more comfortably be shown.

If drag performances are outlawed then burn every tape of The Tonight Show where Johnny Carson is dressed as Aunt Blabby.

All those episodes of Bosom Buddies with Tom Hanks and Peter Scalari (Kip and Henry. AKA: Buffy and Hildegarde) gotta go next I assume.

It's intriguing to me that once upon time a "conservative" attitude dictated that not only was it ok for men to dress as "women" but that it could only be men dressed as "women" for stage performances. To me, it looks like it's still just seeking to control what's feared. Topically, it's basically opposite - but in principle, it's ultimately the same. That the expression of it could be opposite in different contexts all the more leads me to not care about opposing "conservatism" but rather care about opposing all forms of unjust/unjustified control. Seems that's what's in play here.

Mental illness.
It's intriguing to me that once upon time a "conservative" attitude dictated that not only was it ok for men to dress as "women" but that it could only be men dressed as "women" for stage performances.
"History is my passion."
To me, it looks like it's still just seeking to control what's feared. Topically, it's basically opposite - but in principle, it's ultimately the same. That the expression of it could be opposite in different contexts all the more leads me to not care about opposing "conservatism" but rather care about opposing all forms of unjust/unjustified control. Seems that's what's in play here.
Dissociate conservatism from the connie bitchfits over drag, sexual orientation, and gender nonconformity. I'll wait.

To me, it looks like it's still just seeking to control what's feared.
That the expression of it could be opposite in different contexts all the more leads me to not care about opposing "conservatism" but rather care about opposing all forms of unjust/unjustified control. Seems that's what's in play here.
I think you've found the problem with conservatism (at least, the modern incarnation of).

Last edited:
I think you've found the problem with conservatism (at least, the modern incarnation of).
I'm not so sure that it's as much fear-based as is assumed. I think it's based more in judgment. Certain activities are deemed "wrong" and someone who participates in them is dehumanized and worthy of hate. If we're going deep here, maybe it's a level of self-hatred and a misguided desire to fight, destroy, crush, annihilate the things we don't like. That's how they've learned to deal with things they dislike, to fight them. To beat them out of existence.

I don't think a lot of conservatives fear men dressing or behaving in "non-masculine" ways. But I do think they consider it "wrong" and worthy of violence to correct.

Last edited:
I'm not so sure that it's as much fear-based as is assumed. I think it's based more in judgment. Certain activities are deemed "wrong" and someone who participates in them is dehumanized and worthy of hate. If we're going deep here, maybe it's a level of self-hatred and a misguided desire to fight, destroy, crush, annihilate the things we don't like. That's how they've learned to deal with things they dislike, to fight them. To beat them out of existence.

I don't think a lot of conservatives fear men dressing or behaving in "non-masculine" ways. But I do think they consider it "wrong" and worthy of violence to correct.
That makes sense, although the next question is what decides what is "wrong", as @LeMansAid's example shows.

EDIT: Could it also be fair to say that conservatives tend to rely more on fear in their rhetoric, even if it isn't the instinct for their "reaction".

EDIT 2: Could feelings of inadequacy be a common theme....

Last edited:
In which the Tennessee House of Representatives passes a bill to allow state actors to deprive disfavored groups of the legal right to marriage.
H.B. 878 amends the Tennessee Code to include a provision indicating those who may solemnize marriage--which includes active government officers ("all members of the county legislative bodies, county mayors, judges, chancellors")--"shall not be required to solemnize a marriage if the person has an objection to solemnizing the marriage based on the person's conscience or religious beliefs."

While the state may not certify religious belief, the inclusion of conscience...or "vibes"...completely bypasses the notion that a belief must be sincerely held. No private actor should be compelled to render such a service for any reason, fine, but that a state actor may deprive Americans of a legal right absolutely runs afoul of the United States Constitution's Due Process Clause.

Every rat trash Republican in the state's House, which is every Republican in the state's House, as it happens, voted for the bill and they were joined by a single rat trash Democrat, a Rep. Dwayne Thompson. Whether ol' D-bag holds conservative views on marriage or is just plain stupid, I don't know. I suppose it doesn't actually matter.

Also passed in the Tennessee House was H.B. 30, a bill to amend the Tennessee Code relevant to "adult cabaret entertainment" defined as "entertainment suitable for mature audiences, including entertainment erotic in nature, and featuring go-go dancers, exotic dancers, topless dancers, male or female impersonators, or similar entertainer," requiring performers to be permitted by the state to exhibit expression, with no distinction made for the presence of minors or lack thereof.

Obviously that which is suitable only for mature audiences is subjective, as even "maturity" is subjective, but note that other exhibitions which may be reasonably said to be only so suitable, such as stand-up comedy or live theater, aren't conditioned on issuance of a permit as male or female impersonators would be under this amended code.

Expression isn't free if it's conditioned on the issuance of a permit, and as has been the case as of late, no specific legitimate harm prevented or remedied by enforcement of this code is indicated.

H.B. 30 passed in the state House on strict partisan lines, with only rat trash Republicans voting in support.

Last edited:
In which the Tennessee House of Representatives passes a bill to allow state actors to deprive disfavored groups of the legal right to marriage.
H.B. 878 amends the Tennessee Code to include a provision indicating those who may solemnize marriage--which includes active government officers ("all members of the county legislative bodies, county mayors, judges, chancellors")--"shall not be required to solemnize a marriage if the person has an objection to solemnizing the marriage based on the person's conscience or religious beliefs."

While the state may not certify religious belief, the inclusion of conscience...or "vibes"...completely bypasses the notion that a belief must be sincerely held. No private actor should be compelled to render such a service for any reason, fine, but that a state actor may deprive Americans of a legal right absolutely runs afoul of the United States Constitution's Due Process Clause.

Every rat trash Republican in the state's House, which is every Republican in the state's House, as it happens, voted for the bill and they were joined by a single rat trash Democrat, a Rep. Dwayne Thompson. Whether ol' D-bag holds conservative views on marriage or is just plain stupid, I don't know. I suppose it doesn't actually matter.
At the moment that runs counter to Obergefell does it not? I'd imagine this just sits on the pile of so many other pieces of legislation that Obergefell nullified but haven't been repealed. I wonder if this is intended to be taken to the supreme court to overturn Obergefell. I kinda doubt it given that it has so many other obvious problems (like the due process issue you pointed out).
Also passed in the Tennessee House was H.B. 30, a bill to amend the Tennessee Code relevant to "adult cabaret entertainment" defined as "entertainment suitable for mature audiences, including entertainment erotic in nature, and featuring go-go dancers, exotic dancers, topless dancers, male or female impersonators, or similar entertainer," requiring performers to be permitted by the state to exhibit expression, with no distinction made for the presence of minors or lack thereof.

Obviously that which is suitable only for mature audiences is subjective, as even "maturity" is subjective, but note that other exhibitions which may be reasonably said to be only so suitable, such as stand-up comedy or live theater, aren't conditioned on issuance of a permit as male or female impersonators would be under this amended code.

Expression isn't free if it's conditioned on the issuance of a permit, and as has been the case as of late, no specific legitimate harm prevented or remedied by enforcement of this code is indicated.

H.B. 30 passed in the state House on strict partisan lines, with only rat trash Republicans voting in support.

Female impersonators... could I do that with a walk? How about raising my voice a bit?

At the moment that runs counter to Obergefell does it not? I'd imagine this just sits on the pile of so many other pieces of legislation that Obergefell nullified but haven't been repealed. I wonder if this is intended to be taken to the supreme court to overturn Obergefell. I kinda doubt it given that it has so many other obvious problems (like the due process issue you pointed out).
Yes, Obergefell, and that's likely what they're primarily seeking to subvert or directly challenge, but Loving and federal enforcement of the Respect for Marriage Act are also implicated even if that isn't the intent.

Latest Posts

Back