Constructive Input Wanted (CLOSED)

  • Thread starter Thread starter ajns73
  • 39 comments
  • 1,807 views
I say something positive on how to advance you car collecting and you post negative feedback thats fine. IMAGINE BIGGER/LIVE :cheers:
 
greek wizard i think he was just trying to explain himself, it didnt seem boastful to me :confused:
 
I stand firm to my posts.

And i shall continue to play the game i own on the stack of machines i own to trade for the cars i want. I will NEVER tell anyone how to play their game.
This GAME is much more enjoyable WITH cars.:):):):dunce:
 
Is there a need to the hostility really?

You've not answered any of my questions either. At least I have explained my reasons (because I did not want to have a discussion in this thread just throw in my two cents).

Which question didn't I answer? I would be MORE than happy to answer any question you have.

Now you resort to putting words in my mouth. I love the economy now because i can trade up easier than ever before and since when is duping cheating?!?

I put words in your mouth? Who was it that suggested that I am trying to codify the Marketplace? Who took what I intended to be a how-to on getting started and the best way to get your trading going, and decided to call it legislation. Who suggested that I was going to ram my "legislation" through without a fair hearing? Which, by the way, only works if the first part were correct and it isn't. All this ever was intended to be was a guide, not code, law, or statute.

A lot of people on here dupe and a lot don't but how can you call it cheating and then dare to make it look like that was what I was saying.

I didn't call it cheating. Another example of words put in my mouth by you. You didn't outright say it in this thread, but I visited yours. And I quote, "And unlike come (sic) operators On Track Auto is committed to doing so without the exploitation of cheats and workarounds." Why don't you explain what you mean by that.

I will answer any one of your questions if you answer one of mine... why have you been so insistent on being rude and badmouthing people whose input you don't like??

Not people, just you. I think you are completely full of ****. Anyone who read what I posted and thought it was some kind of an attempt to force people to do something needs to get their English checked.

I made one suggestion and you leapt on me. Please justify this for me then I will answer any question you like.

Do you rewrite all history or just here at GTP? Show me where in any of the following post there is any rudeness: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6542166#post6542166

This was your response:
ajns73 i offer you my humblest apologies
from the title of your thread i somehow assumed you wanted input.

ill be sure to keep my mouth shut whilst you push your legislation through

I jumped on you? Not by any reasonable person's definition.

This thread is called "Input Wanted" and you titled it! I suggested you conduct surveys - because in my opinion a single thread discussion is a poor attempt at finding out with any accuracy how the members here feel about this - and your immediate reply gave me the impression you thought that I was somehow against 0/0/0 traders. Subsequent posts then suggested to me that you in likelihood would not want to see a survey conducted and instead prefer a shouting contest where he who barks loudest gets the vote.

And your insisting on having a survey tells me you have yet again missed the point of the thread or my attempt to get it stickied once I have a final draft. I can't possibly think of another way to explain it to you, and frankly, I don't want to.

I saw this coming from the tone of your first two posts addressed at me, which is why I did not wish to argue with you and wished you luck. But you persisted. Now all I ask is you end this needless hostility, and if you really want to see your vision of the marketplace come to fruition, conduct a survey so that everybody can be fairly represented (without argumentative types discouraging people from expressing their opinions).

Again with the survey. For the record, you still haven't seen me hostile.
 
Last edited:
So A) i am not reasonable

B) you admit you are trying to get this stickied yet playing coy and pretending like you dont know what that means

C) you link me to your first post which was rude and ask me to point out which part. I lold at this because you are so aggressive that you do not even notice it when the words are there to read back for yourself - so hostile you cannot even recognise hostility. I wonder what your environment must be like because different people do indeed have different ideas of what is rude/hostile. I have known people who use aggressive remarks as a form of endearment so its hardly uncommon but i lol'd all the same.

d) i love how you even end it with a classic aggro line - "you still haven't seen me hostile"

well wow, i promise you right now i do not want to. In fact you have demanded my continued involvement in this thread from my very first post. I made it clear very early on I had absolutely no desire to talk to you because i knew it would end up exactly like this simply from the tone of your first reply to me.

So I do hope with utmost sincerity you can find a way to curb your needless anger towards folk you have offered into this thread under the false impression that their "input" is "wanted", and resolve any issues in your life that make you feel the need to 'e-curse' your way through your replies instead of using the language you were raised to speak.

I guess using bad lanuage and insults is casual where you live then? Not the sign of a rude or hostile person?

You clearly have no regard for people who do not share your vision of this marketplace.

And fyi I was not the only naysayer in here you offended, follow your own advice and read the thread back properly.

As for this conversation I can go on back and forth forever with you because discourse with you is like trying to impress a child with a coin behind their ear; you make it so easy by being so intolerably aggressive without provocation.


Edit: The survey. That was my suggestion which you didnt address to which i was referring but if they make you feel that tiresome then continue with your shouting contest by all means just abolish the scientific method altogether and throw democracy to the wind.
 
So A) i am not reasonable

Fantastic, over generalization to create a straw man you can knock down. Re-read what I wrote (Although I doubt it will help).

B) you admit you are trying to get this stickied yet playing coy and pretending like you dont know what that means

Ahhhh, more nonsense. Every stickied thread contains codification? I was going to quote the 20 stickies I found that involve help, information, or otherwise useful suggestions, but by now I have come to the conclusion that is you that desires an argument and are bound and determined to have it.

C) you link me to your first post which was rude and ask me to point out which part. I lold at this because you are so aggressive that you do not even notice it when the words are there to read back for yourself - so hostile you cannot even recognise hostility. I wonder what your environment must be like because different people do indeed have different ideas of what is rude/hostile. I have known people who use aggressive remarks as a form of endearment so its hardly uncommon but i lol'd all the same.

Aggressive yes. Rude, no. Unless you are looking for rudeness so you can lay the groundwork for a silly reply. Or, your sensibilities are so delicate that you require coddling to have a conversation.

d) i love how you even end it with a classic aggro line - "you still haven't seen me hostile"

well wow, i promise you right now i do not want to. In fact you have demanded my continued involvement in this thread from my very first post. I made it clear very early on I had absolutely no desire to talk to you because i knew it would end up exactly like this simply from the tone of your first reply to me.

No, you don't. I have demanded nothing. In fact, on several occasions I have told you your involvement here was completely unnecessary. Yet, you persist. How perplexing.

So I do hope with utmost sincerity you can find a way to curb your needless anger towards folk you have offered into this thread under the false impression that their "input" is "wanted", and resolve any issues in your life that make you feel the need to 'e-curse' your way through your replies instead of using the language you were raised to speak.

Again, not folks, just you. Constructive input was and is desired. Nonsense, outright fabrication, obfuscation, and persistence in missing the point are not. Let me know when you get around to the constructive input so I can pay close attention.

I guess using bad lanuage and insults is casual where you live then? Not the sign of a rude or hostile person?

I swore once, and the saying requires it. Just doesn't carry the same punch with "crap." There is no doubt I have become hostile. See the last section for why. Sarcasm also puts me in that type of mood as well, which your second post to this thread was dripping with. If you think you can poke a bear with a stick and then complain when he bites your arm off, then I offer you a stick.

You clearly have no regard for people who do not share your vision of this marketplace.

Again purposely missing the point. I have no "vision" of the Marketplace per se and my OP does not specifically espouse one nor does it set out to try to enforce one.

And fyi I was not the only naysayer in here you offended, follow your own advice and read the thread back properly.

If you are talking about your attack dog from NH, I couldn't care less. His first post wasn't English and his second was barely readable. See the AUP. If you can't be bothered to write in something that approximates English, I can't be bothered to care. Besides which, he was dealt with by others (To which I have no affiliation outside this thread before you try to use that as another ridiculous argument). Regardless, my goal is not to avoid offending people. My goal is to strengthen this document so that it can act as a constructive guide on how one can go about setting up a trading thread and avoid running afoul of the AUP and customers while maximizing trading potential as quickly and easily as possible.

As for this conversation I can go on back and forth forever with you because discourse with you is like trying to impress a child with a coin behind their ear; you make it so easy by being so intolerably aggressive without provocation.

Funny I was thinking the same thing. Although you make it easy by refusing to admit you are too sensitive, apparently having an allergic reaction to swearing, not getting it through your head that this thread has nothing to do with codification, are one of those "if I don't swear and I pretend I am not upset and talk in an even voice, people will be fooled into thinking I am not seething underneath the surface" people.


Edit: The survey. That was my suggestion which you didnt address to which i was referring but if they make you feel that tiresome then continue with your shouting contest by all means just abolish the scientific method altogether and throw democracy to the wind.

:banghead: You just don't get it and never will I suppose.

I reiterate what I said above: YOUR INVOLVEMENT HERE IS COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY.
 
Last edited:
@Barcelonic and ajns73, i think i speak for most of the people that have viewed this thread when i say shut up already or at least take your incredibly repetitive arguement to private messages.

@ajns73 as a heads up for the future if you want your thread stickied or whatever it was you were trying to achieve with it, its probably not a good idea to turn your own thread into a flame thread, im not saying i agree with Barcelonic but i am saying as the threads host you should have dropped the issue and left it alone.

Im not prepared to sit and argue with either of you over this but i recommend just dropping the issue on either side.
 
Mods, lock the thread.
 
SUMMATION:

The first reply you request from me:

ajns73 i offer you my humblest apologies
from the title of your thread i somehow assumed you wanted input.

ill be sure to keep my mouth shut whilst you push your legislation through




Your reply to somebody I've never met before but you refer to them as my ATTACK DOG???????? Please clarify this for me Im really confused.

OK, those are English words. Can you try stringing them together using English grammar so I can understand what you're talking about?



The question you claimed I did not ask followed by my third attempt to escape the conversation...



ajns73 may i ask why you are being rude to those who offer their feedback?

if i feel from you're questions you've misunderstood or exaggerated something i've said then i have two choices: i can point it out to a person who has already become defensive, thereby beginning an argument -OR- i can avoid the argument entirely by not answering the questions, such is my perogative

It seems you are intent on starting an argument and it showed in the tone of your reply to my post, which is why I decided to end my involvement in the thread at that time. I hope that satisfies you because it most surely satisfies me.

I wish you luck with your campaign :)



This is where the hostility worsened and you began putting words in my mouth...

I'd ask you to show me where you thought I was being rude, but you'd probably refuse to answer that too.

As for my edit, your feedback is tainted in my mind because you have a grudge against the marketplace as a whole (or at least the people who trade heavily there) for what you perceive as your own interests being slighted by "cheaters." The fact is, there are a lot of folks out there that do "cheat." You just had the misfortune to run into someone who "kept it clean" and was more successful than you. Sorry your experience wasn't a good one and that you feel put upon by those that don't do it the way you do.



My next request to stop being argumentative...


I saw this coming from the tone of your first two posts addressed at me, which is why I did not wish to argue with you and wished you luck. But you persisted. Now all I ask is you end this needless hostility, and if you really want to see your vision of the marketplace come to fruition, conduct a survey so that everybody can be fairly represented (without argumentative types discouraging people from expressing their opinions).




Mods, lock the thread.

Yes close it please.

He has shown he is not respectful to those with different opinions.
 
Back