Controller/Wheel Settings

Has anyone tried the Indy Cars on ovals and experienced almost 0 FFB?
Yeah. Have to say was a bit disappointed with that. Surprising considering they have no power steering. Will need to try them elsewhere. Curious if it is track or speedway aero kit related.

Any G29 wheel settings out there Yet?
These are my settings for G27. Which is technically almost identical to the G29, so feel free to check them out. 👍

Profile: Immersive
Gain: 45
Volume: 50
Tone: 50
FX: 90
Menu Spring Strength: 40

Fairly light FFB, but with good road detail and kerbs (including while turning). You can raise Gain or Volume for more weight, but at the expense of road detail (esp. while cornering).

UPDATE: see this post.

So far, I'm at:

Profile: Immersive
Gain: 30
Volume: 60
Tone: 40
FX: 45
Menu Spring Strength: 0.40

And, very important:

Steering Deadzone: 0

T300 on the PS4.

Edit: Also make sure you make these tests with the tyres warm, otherwise you may think you are getting no feedback at all when in fact it's just the tyres that are still cold and slippery.

Last edited:
Thank you all for trying to help us wheel users out by posting your settings. If you guys don't mind, can you please let us know what Degrees of Rotation you are using for your wheel also. Thanks again.

Edit: What does Menu Spring Strength Do?

Alright, passing this off to the community:

I can't get a decent amount of FFB from running over curbs. No matter what settings I've tried so far (CSL Elite PS4 on, er, PS4), there's barely any perceptible difference from the rim when driving on the racing surface versus putting a tire or two on the curbing. This was an issue I had with the preview build, but my fiddling by the end of it had given me some alright results. Can't find that here.

The rest of the driving experience feels more or less how I want — I've been using the BAC Mono, Caterham Seven, and F50 GT as a trio for testing purposes — and that's good, but I'm out of options. I find decent FFB from curbing essential: dropping a tire onto the rumble strips drastically alters grip for most cars, and with no physical feedback that it's happening, it makes it hard to get an idea of exactly how far the car will step out.

I'm wondering if the game's auto-detection is the reason. In the menu, the CSL Elite shows up on the right hand side, but the brand is listed as Thrustmaster on the left, and CSRE for model...
I feel exactly the same. I have T300 and ps4. I can't really feel the ripple strips. I thought turning up the fx slider would help but this just gives the wheel a thump when you hit a curb and had other effects like driving straight down the track will have the wheel "reacting to bumps" but it doesn't give you that high frequency vibration you should get when going over ripples.

Scaff - what are your T300 control panel settings?
These.

IMG_20170923_000747.jpg

I feel exactly the same. I have T300 and ps4. I can't really feel the ripple strips. I thought turning up the fx slider would help but this just gives the wheel a thump when you hit a curb and had other effects like driving straight down the track will have the wheel "reacting to bumps" but it doesn't give you that high frequency vibration you should get when going over ripples.

Have you had a close look at what the Tone control does? Turning it up reduces surface detail - it should be renamed Balance as having it set to 0 or 100 removes either side load or aligning torque respectively. Informative seems to give the most of these effects. Still fiddling though, so take with a pinch...

Have you had a close look at what the Tone control does? Turning it up reduces surface detail - it should be renamed Balance as having it set to 0 or 100 removes either side load or aligning torque respectively. Informative seems to give the most of these effects. Still fiddling though, so take with a pinch...
So are you suggesting I try turning tone DOWN to get more surface feeling (including ripple strips)?

Fanatec V2

Tried it first with everything at defaults but got violent shaking back and forth at speed. Then reduced gain down to 50 and that seemed to almost eliminate it but I can still feel it a little here and there. The biggest problem I have now is that the wheel wants to snap back to center very hard after making a turn. It's like you've pulled it one way with a big rubber band and then let it go. The other problem I have it that I can't really feel curbs and rumble strips. I'm only partial feeling them. I use Imola a lot for testing and those high curbs at the tight chicane don't really translate through the wheel when I clout over them. But I get a little vibration when touching curbs elsewhere on the course.

Even with the onscreen descriptions I'm not sure what the adjustments mean.

I'm running:

Immersive
Gain 50
Volume 50
Tone 50
FX 50
Menu Spring Strength 0.05

Steering deadzone 0
Steering sensitivity 50
Throttle deadzone 0
Throttle sensitivity 50
Brake deadzone 7
Brake sensitivity 80
Speed sensitivity 0
Damper Saturation 0
Controller Damping 100
Controller Vibration 50

I'm not sure if my wheel calibration went correctly. I did the all the way to the extreme left or right to see 100, hit next then you're supposed to move the wheel to 90 degrees and see 900 but mine didn't do that. I think it was at 290 or something so I just kept rotating it until I saw 900 then hit A. Don't know if that is the right thing to do but it seems ok.

Try this Karsten
Gain 100
Volume 30
Tone 30
Fx 10
Spring 40

From friend who is part of WMD
informative, raw or?
Thanks I will. Btw, I saw you on ferrari online yesterday I guess you were caught on a start mess I passed safely lol

I have been using Scaff "s settings and have found them to be pretty good .....................
img_20170922_213601-jpg.674590

So are you suggesting I try turning tone DOWN to get more surface feeling (including ripple strips)?

Odd as it sounds, yes! Read really carefully what it says next to Tone. Left/0 gives more track surface effects, Right/100 gives more SOP/lateral force effects.

Fanatec V2

Tried it first with everything at defaults but got violent shaking back and forth at speed. Then reduced gain down to 50 and that seemed to almost eliminate it but I can still feel it a little here and there. The biggest problem I have now is that the wheel wants to snap back to center very hard after making a turn. It's like you've pulled it one way with a big rubber band and then let it go. The other problem I have it that I can't really feel curbs and rumble strips. I'm only partial feeling them. I use Imola a lot for testing and those high curbs at the tight chicane don't really translate through the wheel when I clout over them. But I get a little vibration when touching curbs elsewhere on the course.

Even with the onscreen descriptions I'm not sure what the adjustments mean.

I'm running:

Immersive
Gain 50
Volume 50
Tone 50
FX 50
Menu Spring Strength 0.05

Steering deadzone 0
Steering sensitivity 50
Throttle deadzone 0
Throttle sensitivity 50
Brake deadzone 7
Brake sensitivity 80
Speed sensitivity 0
Damper Saturation 0
Controller Damping 100
Controller Vibration 50

I'm not sure if my wheel calibration went correctly. I did the all the way to the extreme left or right to see 100, hit next then you're supposed to move the wheel to 90 degrees and see 900 but mine didn't do that. I think it was at 290 or something so I just kept rotating it until I saw 900 then hit A. Don't know if that is the right thing to do but it seems ok.
Just in case you didnt do this, when you rotate to 90 degrees you need to first let the wheel recentre after you rotated it fully and pressed select, then once it's recentred you move it to 90 and press select again. Should be around 900ish.

For anyone struggling with the numb feel in the first few degrees of turn in:

Turn the Menu spring (last option in the FFB) to very low.

I have it on 0 now, and now finally it feels responsive with little input....

My settings T500RS - PC :

TM menu : 60% overall FFB

In game : Raw

Gain : 95
Vol : 45
Tone : 60 (gets more FFB for rear end step outs)
FX : 40 (adjust till no clipping)
Menu spring : 0

Been drifting the 1M and R34 on Sugo .... a joy to slide it from curb to curb

I was sure I had found my settings, tcr cars were perfect, then I hopped in a room with good old @Friday_GTRP in porsche gt3 I think and I twisted a finger while trying to catch a slide struggle while using the same settings a before....

Totally pissed now, I guess I'll be back to using a notepad for each car's ffb settings? :(

Or is it my wheel acting up? ?_?

Also I keep reading of people suggesting 100% gain and 40+ volume... on my t300 it's as hard as turning a millstone, and I get no details on anything...

I'll let wrist and finger rest a bit and try again another time later on

What does "Menu Spring Strength" do anyway?

I think it's the only option without any explanation.

No clue...

But I had a numbness around the first degrees of rotation... and with that at 0 it's gone. Might help someone as wheel settings recommendations are still scare

For anyone struggling with the numb feel in the first few degrees of turn in:

Turn the Menu spring (last option in the FFB) to very low.

I have it on 0 now, and now finally it feels responsive with little input....

My settings T500RS - PC :

TM menu : 60% overall FFB

In game : Raw

Gain : 95
Vol : 45
Tone : 60 (gets more FFB for rear end step outs)
FX : 40 (adjust till no clipping)
Menu spring : 0

Been drifting the 1M and R34 on Sugo .... a joy to slide it from curb to curb

This is what i came here for, i need drifting wheel setting questions answered. Why in the world does the wheel go so light and snappy when the cars go sideways? Its like the wheels become 100lbs on each corner with an electric power steering assist and counter steering becomes super sloppy.

Help please. G29 using raw flavor with settings that make racing feel amazing but drifting not so much, help!

^Try playing with that Tone slider. Thou the wheel going lighter when loosing grip is normal.

I was sure I had found my settings, tcr cars were perfect, then I hopped in a room with good old @Friday_GTRP in porsche gt3 I think and I twisted a finger while trying to catch a slide struggle while using the same settings a before....

Totally pissed now, I guess I'll be back to using a notepad for each car's ffb settings? :(

Or is it my wheel acting up? ?_?

Also I keep reading of people suggesting 100% gain and 40+ volume... on my t300 it's as hard as turning a millstone, and I get no details on anything...

I'll let wrist and finger rest a bit and try again another time later on

I'm still struggling to get decent feedback around centre without it being too much when I wind on some lock. I crashed trying to save a slide and the T300 tried to rip my arms out of their sockets. Guess that's what happens when you've got a Wookie in charge of things. :/

XXI
Just started fine tuning FFB

I always use BMW 1M coupe, Knockhill I found is the best track to dial in your setup.

Here's the sweetspot for the T150. (Thusfar)

Raw

Everything in the configuration feels good to me out of the box, other than steering deadzone to zero.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. After several hours of trying to have one setting for all cars I finally decided to give your settings a shot and you nailed it for the T150. I have driven everything from Formula cars to GT cars and they all feel great with these settings.
Thanks again.

Back