Controller/Wheel Settings

3F8F0B93-FA3C-45EC-B76F-ED46D01B0B11.jpeg
Here are my settings. Absolutely in love with FFB after setting it up this way.

This is on PC with Thrustmaster TX.

There's still serious issues with the g920, had no issues earlier today but now anytime I try and create a custom race as soon as I'm on the track my wheel violently vibrates and shakes, impossible to play the game when this is happening. Have tried many different FFB settings and this still happens at random times.

Thanks. I did see that and had no luck. I'll have to wait for my Fanatec Csl Elite Ps4 wheel and base to ship next week.
The best controller settings so far though.
Is this still the best settings for Controller?
Yes.
How is CARS 2 to play with a DS4? Some people say it's good, some say it's worse than any other racing game on PS4.
It's good if you're not mashing buttons like you would normally in an arcade game, if you feather your inputs it's rather good. Ten times better than PC1 and five times better than AC at launch (now it's impossible even with a good setup)
You just need a decent controller setup.

G29 settings

Steering sensitifity 58

RAW

Gain 68
Volume 68
Tone 72
Fx 62
Spring strenght 0.40

Works well for me.

I've had a bit of trouble setting up my CSL Elite PS4 wheel over the past 3 days. Couldn't find a setup that gave me consistent 'turn in' feel and also surface feel was rather dull. I've finally got a setup that works for me and only requires a wheel FFB tweak to suit each car. Thought I'd post it in case it helps someone else

In Game
Flavour: RAW
Gain: 100
Volume: 20
Tone: 50
FX: 33
Menu Spring Strength: 0

On Wheel
Sen: 108
FFB: 60 - 100 (adjust depending on car)
SHO: Off
ABS: Off
DRL: 002
FOR: 100
SPR: 100
DPR: 100
BRF: 50
ELI: 0

YMMV but this is the best my wheels felt since launch

Paul

My setup for the Csl elite on ps4, pretty satisfied with it at the moment:

Flavour: Raw
Volume: 60
Tone: 65
FX: 65
Menu spring strength: 0,00

Wheel settings:
Sen: aut
FF: 100
Sho: Off
Dri: - 2
For: 100
Spr: 100
Dpr: 100
Fei: 0

Last edited:
The best controller settings so far though.

Yes.

It's good if you're not mashing buttons like you would normally in an arcade game, if you feather your inputs it's rather good. Ten times better than PC1 and five times better than AC at launch (now it's impossible even with a good setup)
You just need a decent controller setup.
Yes. Thanks. My game was not fully installed when I first tried those settings and as soon as it was 100% installed them settings worked. Must have been the day 1 patch was not installed completely.

Ok for some reason my FFB changes between races. When I first ran some practice runs and time trail runs with the TS040. It felt weighted and could tell what my car was doing and what I wanted it to do. When I started my career, it felt really, really light, hardly any FFB feeling. I did one race, and after that went back to the time trails with the TS040 again. It had the same really light feeling again, and it was hard to figure out what the car wants to do. Totally different than what it felt like when I first ran it.

Ok for some reason my FFB changes between races. When I first ran some practice runs and time trail runs with the TS040. It felt weighted and could tell what my car was doing and what I wanted it to do. When I started my career, it felt really, really light, hardly any FFB feeling. I did one race, and after that went back to the time trails with the TS040 again. It had the same really light feeling again, and it was hard to figure out what the car wants to do. Totally different than what it felt like when I first ran it.
Out of curiosity, what flavour are you on?

Just in case you didnt do this, when you rotate to 90 degrees you need to first let the wheel recentre after you rotated it fully and pressed select, then once it's recentred you move it to 90 and press select again. Should be around 900ish.

It's not recentering itself after I get to 100 and press A for next. It just stays in that position. Now what?

It's not recentering itself after I get to 100 and press A for next. It just stays in that position. Now what?
That's weird. What wheel do you have? My T300 centres itself. If you have a T150 maybe that doesn't. You tried manually moving it back to its idle position? And then moving to 90?

Sorry just seen your sig says Fanatec. Don't know about those.

Here's my sweetspot for the G29 on PS4 after lots of testing and fiddling!

I used the LaFerrari on Spa to do my testing! It's a car where the weight shift is noticeable and has good feedback! Spa is always a good place with lots of slow and fast turns.

Settings:
All sensitivities to 50, all deadzones to 0. No dampening.

FFB:
Flavour Informative
Gain 90
Volume 67
Tone 75
FX 0

I care less about the road surface. I care more about what the car is doing!

Those settings got me a bit closer to what Assetto corsa on my PS4 feels! (I use in AC FFB strength at 90 and everything else to zero, so no additional artificial stuff; only pure feedback).

That's weird. What wheel do you have? My T300 centres itself. If you have a T150 maybe that doesn't. You tried manually moving it back to its idle position? And then moving to 90?

Sorry just seen your sig says Fanatec. Don't know about those.

Yeah I've just rotated it around manually until it got to 900. But now I've heard that it really doesn't need to be calibrated at all because the game auto detects rotation, or something like that. So tonight I'm going to try going in and just resetting it with no calibration and see what happens.

My setup for the Csl elite on ps4, pretty satisfied with it at the moment:

Flavour: Raw
Volume: 60
Tone: 65
FX: 65
Menu spring strength: 0,00

Wheel settings:
Sen: aut
FF: 100
Sho: Off
Dri: - 2
For: 100
Spr: 100
Dpr: 100
Fei: 0

Cheers, this is working a little bit better for me than out of the box, and I gave up trying to replicate what my PC preview build settings were after tweaking all weekend...

Is your wheel actually showing as a CSL E in the menu? The image on the right is correct, but it's listed as a "Thrustmaster Fanatec CSRE" in the menu, which is something I can't say I've ever heard of.

Finally got a very good setup that works on stock, gt3, gt4 and touring cars!

All is ok smooth and detailed, only pet peeve is that i can't feel giant puddles as good as before. In any case no more fingers sewered l

So the Setting is:

Deadzone 0

Gain 100
Volume 21
Tone 50
Effect 75

Spring stock.since I'm not really sure what out it's about.

I'm still struggling to get decent feedback around centre without it being too much when I wind on some lock. I crashed trying to save a slide and the T300 tried to rip my arms out of their sockets. Guess that's what happens when you've got a Wookie in charge of things. :/

Give a try to this setup it may help you mate!

Is your wheel actually showing as a CSL E in the menu? The image on the right is correct, but it's listed as a "Thrustmaster Fanatec CSRE" in the menu, which is something I can't say I've ever heard of.

I have the Thrustmaster CSRE too. :)

Finally got a very good setup that works on stock, gt3, gt4 and touring cars!

All is ok smooth and detailed, only pet peeve is that i can't feel giant puddles as good as before. In any case no more fingers sewered l

So the Setting is:

Deadzone 0

Gain 100
Volume 21
Tone 50
Effect 75

Spring stock.since I'm not really sure what out it's about.

Give a try to this setup it may help you mate!

And what flavour are you on? (raw, immersive, informative)?

And is there someone who can post the default ffb settings? I don't see a "change back to default" option in FFB menu.
Thnx!

PS4 controller user here. A few days worth of playing around with the settings has led me to be fairly settled on the following (*in faster/twitchy cars I sometimes increase the steering speed sensitivity a bit):

Steering Deadzone: 0
Steering sensitivity: 30
Throttle Deadzone: 0
Throttle sensitivity: 50
Brake Deadzone: 0
Brake sensitivity: 50
(Not using clutch so haven’t changed clutch settings)
Speed sensitivity: 70*
Damper saturation: 50
Controller damping: 0

I should mention, this setup will likely only suit if you’re smooth with your steering inputs and don’t ‘tap steer’ with the stick.

Back