Cool, Awesome & Amazing Custom/One-off/Prototype Cars

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 684 comments
I must say, as much as I'd rather have a V8 in that, that is just awesome. The numbers from the 289 vs the rotary in acceleration time though were just a bit slower. Power was going through a C4 though..

1992 Honda NSX Mugen Prototype

2000fiesta15b.jpg

2000fiesta15a.jpg

I'd trade my soul for that

tumblr_m9h0la70Xa1rb4qlso1_250.gif

Introducing the Dodge M4S Turbo Interceptor; star of 1986 movie The Wraith. A prototype hit nearly 200mph and had just a 2.2l turbocharged 4 cylinder engine.

dodgem4sinterceptor5.jpg

It does lool similar, but I'd attribute that more to the original cars they are based on, and not the former.

Are concept artwork of non-existant concept cars acceptable ITT?

It does lool similar, but I'd attribute that more to the original cars they are based on, and not the former.

The design is based on the old Zagato DB4. But I still find it interesting to note the connection that Aston and Ford had at that time, and how such a similar design wormed its way into the late Thunderbird. Even if it didn't provide inspiration for it.

Anyway, I'll add a couple of one-off prototypes I caught at a show last month.

TVR 'White Elephant', with a 5.0 V8 Holden engine provided by HSV:

DSC_0381.JPG

Aston Martin DB7 TWR Prototype

wPoLiIb.jpg

Mu2aCuj.jpg

Last edited:
This counts as a one off right? The Lexus IS430, an IS300 with a V8 out of an LS430. Saw it at the Toyota museum in California this summer.
Not a fan of the paint scheme either, but it looks so much better in the metal than it did in Forza 2. One of the more enjoyable cars to drive.

Last edited:
This counts as a one off right? The Lexus IS430, an IS300 with a V8 out of an LS430. Saw it at the Toyota museum in California this summer.

View attachment 88466

When I was at Lexus, it seemed every male IS 300 owner under the age of 50 asked me if this was making it to production. Sadly, it never did; but that's what the GS 430 was for - and later, the IS F.

Great thread, though! Probably the best place for the "Cars You Never Knew Existed" prototypes/one-offs/single-digit-volume cars that pop up there.

That Volga is sexy. Never thought I'd say that, but those lines are too damn perfect with that soft-top up. It's looks evil in the classiest sort of way.

Back