Coolist Wing on a Car

  • Thread starter Thread starter mwoodski
  • 54 comments
  • 2,215 views
Messages
3,209
United States
Connecticut.
Messages
mwoodski
Messages
mwoodski
WHAT is your personal fav wing on a car, mine is the Denso sard supra
 
MMMM I wuv the Denso Supra, I've got 2, one with over 2000 miles on it, one with 30 :D

The R390 LM Race Car's is cool, as well as the S2000 LM Race's, and the Altezza LM or Imprezza LM's, I get them confused.

Absolute ugliest car: Mini Cooper
runner up: GT-One (both, but particularly the road car cuz it's ugliness isn't offset by the white on the race's front end.)
 
the Uglyist car in the game is the Panoz Esperante...:yuck: (fact)

the mini is quite cool in real life..the best wing belongs to the Poly001 :lol:
 
The Panoz Esperante isn't that ugly. It looks pretty OK if you ask me. (IMO).
 
Wings aren't supposed to be "cool". Wings are supposed to be on the car for a reason.

So the coolest wing for me would have to be the one that generates the most downforce with the least drag.
 
Good point, neon_duke. Wings aren't on cars just so the cars look nice. They are their for aerodynamic reasons. Wings/spoilers give cars better aerodynamics. I would say the wing on the Denso Sard Supra is pretty nice, though, as well as the wing on the Tom's Castrol Supra.
 
well regardless of downforce, my favorite wing is the metal-truss wing on the Lotus Esprit Sport 350.
 
vertigo race car i loooove how it curves around the back of the car!
 
Originally posted by neon_duke
Wings aren't supposed to be "cool". Wings are supposed to be on the car for a reason.

So the coolest wing for me would have to be the one that generates the most downforce with the least drag.

jebus neon... wings do perform a function, but dammit, if a wing is the perfection of aerodynamics and looks like ass I dun want it
 
Hey ZZII, I like the name. :D
Favorite wing: Toyota Celica Gt-Four
But you don't need a spoiler to create enough down force. Look at the ZZII. It doesn't need a spoiler for downforce or style. It's the shiznit already.
 
Well said, ZZII.

I quite like the wing on the NEW Subaru Impreza WRC '03, which will be in GT4. :D
 
I'm partial to the RX-7 LM Race Car spoiler, despite it looking a bit too much.
But I'm known to have weird tastes, maybe that explains it.
 
i like the wing on the f094/s for the reason that it is the best wing on the best car.
 
The GT-ones wing is the best I say. Don't diss the panoz unless you seen it in real life.
 
jebus neon... wings do perform a function, but dammit, if a wing is the perfection of aerodynamics and looks like ass I dun want it

ya like if u had a lets say the 787b charge wing on the mini... would u keep it on or take it off
 
Lol...Wings arn't analog devices..They can serve more than one function..for instance..Nob's S15...Notice the wing on the back of that?...The center is at a decline while the sides at at an incline..The forces cancel one another out...Second...I've seen plenty of cars with wings that shouldn't have they, but they look nice..Like Stock Rx-7's....And some cars look stupid WITHOUT wings...like Supra's....Supra's look completly NAKED without some sort of wing
 
Originally posted by Gran Turismo7058
The GT-ones wing is the best I say. Don't diss the panoz unless you seen it in real life.
I saw the newer espirante from pics of concept cars...Looks like a cross between a jag and an aston martin...quite nice
 
I also like the wing on the Viper GTS-R a lot. It looks good on that car.
 
Since no one mentioned this car I have to say it:

The HUGE Triple Rear Wing on the Escudo Pikes Peak Version!

So big you can't even see around it!!!

Really, it depends on the car. An Escudo wing would look ridiculous on a Civic, and an itty bitty Civic spoiler would look bad on a Formula One...
 
The GT-One's wing (both versions) are quite nice...they seem very aerodynamic and look nice to me.
 
Originally posted by Impreza STi
Since no one mentioned this car I have to say it:

The HUGE Triple Rear Wing on the Escudo Pikes Peak Version!

So big you can't even see around it!!!

Really, it depends on the car. An Escudo wing would look ridiculous on a Civic, and an itty bitty Civic spoiler would look bad on a Formula One...

I was just gonna mention the Escudo, damn things a beast !! SVT wing on the Mustang is pretty cool too
 
EWW THE SVT WING IS HOOORRRIBLLEE...You ever see one IRL?..It looks even more idiotic
 
This would be my favorite. Though it's not in the game...
 

Attachments

  • img.jpg
    img.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 68
Back