Copa America Centenario 2016

• Thread starter lxmmy
  • 102 comments
Higuain needs to get out ASAP.

EDIT: thank God that statue is out!

EDIT 2: Chile is playing much much better collectively. They deserve to win this thing. Argentina is at a subpar level and Messi has nobody to associate with. It's a shame to see my team like this.

I missed the first half so I can't comment on it but this second half has been awfully boring so far. Argentina doesn't seem to be using their extra man advantage to their favour very well.

I missed the first half so I can't comment on it but this second half has been awfully boring so far. Argentina doesn't seem to be using their extra man advantage to their favour very well.
Both teams are playing with 10. Either way, it seems like there's only 7 on Argentina's side. I feel bad for Messi

First half was a mix of fast paced play, yellow cards galore, and bad calls galore. Easily could have been 1-1 at least by now.

Both teams are playing with 10. Either way, it seems like there's only 7 on Argentina's side. I feel bad for Messi

Alright thanks, I had only heard of a Chilean guy being sent out and I didn't bother to count the argies lol. I agree though, seems like they're playing with 7 guys.

Edit: Agüero you horse! You can't miss a shot like that!

A little over 82,000 in attendance.

We're getting an extra 30 minutes for sure now. Hell of a final few minutes in regulation.

Yep. We're cursed :lol:

Well done and congrats to Chile! They truly deserve it and leave no doubt of why they're #3 in the world. (We shouldn't be 1st btw)

Messi choked.

Not. Higuaín's was a bad definition, Messi's was a bad penalty. It can happen. I'm pretty much sad for Messi, I don't know why Funes Mori was given a penalty to take.

Higuaín's was a bad definition, Messi's was a bad penalty. It can happen. I'm pretty much sad for Messi, I don't know why Funes Mori was given a penalty to take.

Higuain did what Higuain does. Scores with lower rated teams, everyone claims he's a great striker, then his true nature comes out when it matters most. If he has any self respect, dignity and love for his country, he needs to quit the NT immediately and go back to Italy and stay there. He does a lot better in Napoli against Sampdoria, Palermo etc.

Messi had simply no company. He tried to take matters in his own hands (feet), but fell short... Too short against a well organized team like Chile. There's not one guilty here, Chile was just better than us in every sense and I'm surprised they didn't win in 90 minutes. But that's not to say that Higuain deserves to be called. He's a pest, a plague and a curse.

Higuain did what Higuain does. Scores with lower rated teams, everyone claims he's a great striker, then his true nature comes out when it matters most.

Literally over 450 minutes without scoring goals in finals. That's what the Argentina national team is, all the way back when AIMAR played in the NT. No Messi, no Agüero, no Di María, no Higuaín.

I don't know if I said it in this thread or somewhere else, but what happens is that Higuaín gets one chance during the entire match, and if he misses it, he is blamed for Argentina losing the final. Real football, club football, ain't like that. Only in Argentina do we see strikers getting only one chance in the entire match, and then being blamed for not taking advantage of it.

If every striker scored their only chance in a game, they would literally have much better goalscoring records than Messi. Instead of demanding Higuaín to score the only chance in the entire match (which he generated by himself, I may add), we should demand the NT to behave like a team and create better chances. And Martino should sack himself, honestly.

Latest Posts

Back