CORE | Australian V8 Supercars / Season FinishedFinished 

• Thread starter ItzRacing
  • 1,111 comments
No matter what set up I use, I'm still stuck in the 21's. I felt the need to blame the track and not myself haha.

Haha I was stuck in the low 20's while testing on Saturday, then I started getting angry and punched out a 19.8 :lol:

Unfortunately I've just been a bit busy sudying for my upcoming Exam Block, so I haven't had the time to do much outside of that. I've tried to make it the last few times, but school and other stuff have just been a bit more present in my life in recent weeks.

Good luck though to everyone who's racing tonight! :)👍

Definitely understand, that school work gets in the way of everything at times ;)

It was definitely a mixed night of results last night, the first race I really enjoyed. it was great to watch @TRL_Andromeda and @Glenalz81 battle in the closing laps. I was really hoping to do a Bradbury in final laps, but they both held on and didn't do anything to ruin it for both of them.

Race 2 got really tight at the first corner and I ended up getting damage, I ended up putting again after spinning into the wall. Then I spun yet again after Heidi pitted for damage and had a good battle on the last lap, which Heidi came out in front!

Race 3 I had a reasonable start and got through turn 1 without damage, from there I moved up 1 by 1, and was closing in @Killing Heidi when he spun right in front of me, I hit the brakes hard but still couldn't avoid crashing into him and got huge damage as a result, but it was just one of those things, before that I was really enjoying that race.

Well done to @TRL_Andromeda on the wins last night and also @Glenalz81 for his great drives. Bad luck to @SAI SANTOSH as well who was looking fast but had things go wrong a bit like I did.

Also, don't forget to submit incident reports! The link is below

http://www.coreonlineracing.com/#!incident-reports/c1vs3

Finally, Thanks to everyone else who joined in and hopefully I see you all in a couple of weeks with a big showing for the last round of the season!

Haha I was stuck in the low 20's while testing on Saturday, then I started getting angry and punched out a 19.8 :lol:

Definitely understand, that school work gets in the way of everything at times ;)

It was definitely a mixed night of results last night, the first race I really enjoyed. it was great to watch @TRL_Andromeda and @Glenalz81 battle in the closing laps. I was really hoping to do a Bradbury in final laps, but they both held on and didn't do anything to ruin it for both of them.

Race 2 got really tight at the first corner and I ended up getting damage, I ended up putting again after spinning into the wall. Then I spun yet again after Heidi pitted for damage and had a good battle on the last lap, which Heidi came out in front!

Race 3 I had a reasonable start and got through turn 1 without damage, from there I moved up 1 by 1, and was closing in @Killing Heidi when he spun right in front of me, I hit the brakes hard but still couldn't avoid crashing into him and got huge damage as a result, but it was just one of those things, before that I was really enjoying that race.

Well done to @TRL_Andromeda on the wins last night and also @Glenalz81 for his great drives. Bad luck to @SAI SANTOSH as well who was looking fast but had things go wrong a bit like I did.

Also, don't forget to submit incident reports! The link is below

Finally, Thanks to everyone else who joined in and hopefully I see you all in a couple of weeks with a big showing for the last round of the season!
Yes itz....the poor connection and lag make me fall behind and loose positions.I expect you to host the room for the last race and I'm glad that bmw got a review

Bad News from my end for the last round.

I will not be able to race in the last race, I just found out today that I am off to Sydney for the launch of the All New Mitsubishi Pajero Sport. (plug):cheers:

Leaving Sunday arvo and back Monday night.:(

I will leave it up to @Killing Heidi and the rest of VIP Racing.

Bring on next year!

I will not be able to race in the last race, I just found out today that I am off to Sydney for the launch of the All New Mitsubishi Pajero Sport. (plug):cheers:

Bring on next year!

Sucks to hear that you won't be making the final round. It's been good having you on board for the last half of this season and hopefully you will return for season 2.

Have fun in Sydney though, you should've tried to go a day or 2 earlier to see the V8's at Sydney as well! ;)

Sucks to hear that you won't be making the final round. It's been good having you on board for the last half of this season and hopefully you will return for season 2.

Have fun in Sydney though, you should've tried to go a day or 2 earlier to see the V8's at Sydney as well! ;)

Hey that's a great idea. Thanks

Edit: All done, I got an early flight.. Hell Yeah...

Last edited:
Glad to be of service to you, make sure you get photos for us! :P

That's ok, I'm glad you said something. My boss had not booked the flights. Because I'm flying in the morning I saved him some money so he didn't mind lol.

Oh and my missus said she is going to have word's with you for telling me lmfao.

That's ok, I'm glad you said something. My boss had not booked the flights. Because I'm flying in the morning I saved him some money so he didn't mind lol.

Oh and my missus said she is going to have word's with you for telling me lmfao.

Haha oops, hopefully she never catches up with me then! :P

Bring on next year!
Happy journey mate!but I reckon that u'll miss the action....

Stewards Report, Results and Drivers Briefing

Spa-Francorchamps Round 14 Stewards report

Stewards: Memto89

Race 1

Lap 8 – TRL_ERAZER – Glen-Alz-81 – Racing Incident
Verdict: NFA
Glenalz leaves the door open and ERAZER moves far enough alongside to be making a legitimate pass.

Race 2

Lap 1 – Killing-Heidi – ItzRacing – Avoidable Contact
Verdict: 90 Second Penalty (Killing-Heidi)
Killing-Heidi was too late on the brakes, running into the back of ItzRacing and giving him damage.

Lap 1 – Timhicks79 – ItzRacing – Corner Cutting
Verdict: 30 Second Penalty (Timhicks79)
Timhicks completely straight lines Eau Rouge, coming out in front of ItzRacing after being behind him entering the corner and then not readdressing the issue.

Lap 2 – Timhicks79 – evildragonxxl – Corner Cutting
Verdict: 30 Second Penalty (Timhicks79)
Again, Timhicks shortcuts the track to gain an advantage that he would not have had if he had rejoined the track at the earliest opportunity. This situation should’ve been readdressed by allowing evildragon back in front and resuming the battle, however this was not done.

Race 3

Lap 1 – Santu929 – Evildragonxxl – Racing Incident
Santu gets far enough alongside to be making a pass and makes every effort to avoid making contact by using the brakes.

Lap 7 – ItzRacing – Killing-Heidi – Racing Incident
Killing-Heidi runs wide and spins out, leaving ItzRacing unable to avoid him.

Technical Infringements

Evildragonxxl – Illegal Rear Wing
Verdict: Disqualification from Round 14
In the post race recording of replays, it appeared that the rear wings on the two lexus cars were noticeably different. Upon further investigation, evildragon was found to have been running an rear wing different to what has been specified in the series regulations. As a result evildragon will be disqualified from all results for Round 14 and will not receive any points from this round.

BdJAYk.jpg

Results

WLTMnE.png

g9NnlK.png

9GiW82.png

pYNbEU.png

BeuV7q.png

IQ4BZt.png

With 1 round left ItzRacing has a 174 point lead over GlenAlz81. With only 120 points available in the final round, this makes ItzRacing the provisional series champion.​

Round 15 Drivers Briefing

5yoxjF.jpg

Track: Rome Circuit (Reverse)
Laps: 2 x 36 Lap races
Weather: N/A

Time: N/A

Qualifying: 1 x 10 Minute session

@Glenalz81 @Killing Heidi @SAI SANTOSH @memto89 @TRL_Andromeda @evildragonxxl @RacingLine @Mtla1984 @addylizard @Cobra75 @justquality @Play117 @itsLynxy @gtpcaine @bencrow_ @Whitetail @Beau Albert @Timhicks79 @Mike_grpA @lxmmy @MackZ @fullgas62 @scotty8646 @Mike458 @NW48

Tagging everyone as it'd be good to get as many people as possible in the room for one last time this season!

Pit Entry/Exit

There are no pit entry or exit lines to follow. But the Armco barriers separating the entry will act as a commitment area.

Driving Standards

As we are racing on a street circuit with walls close to the racing surface, make sure you all give each other the space needed when in battles with other drivers and make sure all drivers come out on the other side without any damage.

Track Limits

Due to there being walls close to the racing area, there is no corners that we will need to examine for any shortcuts.

Mandatory Pit Stop

This round will require all drivers to make at least 1 pit stop in both races.

Track Direction

All drivers please note that we will be racing in the REVERSE direction.

Practice Room

A practice room will be up to allow everyone the chance to practice together at the normal race time (7PM ACDT) on Sunday Night, November 29.

Timetable

7:00 PM ACDT – Room Opens

7:25 PM ACDT – All cars in pit lane for Spec Check
7:30 PM ACDT – Qualifying Starts
7:40 PM ACDT – Race 1 Starts

8:20 PM ACDT – Race 1 Scheduled Finish
8:30 PM ACDT – Race 2 Starts

9:10 PM ACDT – Race 2 Scheduled Finish

With the format we are running we will require everyone who is racing in a team to nominate their co-driver when adding their name to the sign ups. We will require all cars to use different numbers though, so please make sure there are no number clashes with everyone’s regular numbers.

CORE AV8 Rd 15 – Rome
Sunday December 6 – 7PM ACDT
1. ItzRacing / #95 / Lexus

Last edited:

5yoxjF.jpg

CORE AV8 Rd 15 – Rome

2.santu929/#7/BMW

CORE AV8 Rd 15 – Rome
2.santu929/#7/BMW

Trying to fix this up as the spaces are quite honestly frustrating me...

Last edited:
I'm #13, the #14 belongs to Evo.

Correct number, but wrong driver.

Still wrong driver.

Still wrong driver.

Still wrong driver.

Ok, this seems correct, apart from that both me and Evo have #13.
I'm #13, and Evo is #14.​

Hmm, I was clearly not having a good night when I did this... Sorry about that :/

EDIT: Everything should be right now :)

Last edited:
my wing has been the same since round 1 itz???

In that case you're pretty luck it's only a 1 round DQ.

You were aware of the specifics regarding aero, you liked the post with all the info.

Yes, you are extremely fortunate we haven't noticed it a lot sooner then and even more fortunate that you will only be DQ'd from the Spa round following that admission.

There was a post (which you had liked) clearly detailing what rear wing you needed to have on the car, which was also included in the First post for everyone to be able to find. I do strongly suggest that you check it out and install the correct rear wing for the next round.

CORE AV8 Rd 15 – Rome
2.santu929/#7/BMW
3.evildragonxxl/#88/lexus

CORE AV8 Rd 15 – Rome
2.santu929/#7/BMW
3.evildragonxxl/#88/lexus
4. Killing-Heidi / #4 / Chev

image.jpeg

The room is now open for the Final round of the CORE Australian V8 Supercar Championship. I hope to see as many of you as possible join in for the last time this season!

Well thank you itz for hosting such a good season so far,and thanks to Heidi on being a good, not good but a great team mate. My last race didn't go well, but I'm happy with the 4th place in championship and congratulations to the top 3 contenders.Hope that the series will be for one more time. Good luck :cheers: happy Xmas and new year in advance.....👍

Well thank you itz for hosting such a good season so far,and thanks to Heidi on being a good, not good but a great team mate. My last race didn't go well, but I'm happy with the 4th place in championship and congratulations to the top 3 contenders.Hope that the series will be for one more time. Good luck :cheers: happy Xmas and new year in advance.....👍

Thanks @SAI SANTOSH it was great to have you in the series this season, and I look forward to having you back for season 2. A big thanks to those who were able to show up tonight, even though it was a modest turn out, i think we still had fun. It was pretty cool to try something different with the Safety Car intervention in race 2. Although it didn't run 100% smoothly I think we have something that can add a extra dimension to the series in the future seasons and we will work on improving it from the model we had in that 2nd race :)

I'll most likely write out a bit of an end of season speech, but I'll wait until I get to post the final results along with the end of season awards (sorry, you won't get trophies for the awards)

For those who did race @Killing Heidi @SAI SANTOSH and @evildragonxxl can you please do an incident report in the next day or 2 for me so I can get stewarding and results done? The link, as usual, is below,

Thanks again to everyone :) :cheers:

Apologies for the lengthy delay, but here are the results from the final round and of course the final championship standings.

R15 Q.png

R15 R1.png

R15 R2.png

R15 Points.png

Final Points.png

Finally, I want to extend a big thank you to everyone who took part in the series this year. While there were many challenges along the way and a few mistakes made as well, I enjoyed hosting the series, and racing alongside of everyone. I can tell you that there will be a season 2 of the series and we will attempt to continue moving the series along to try to match the changing landscape of online racing. What I can confirm though, is that season 2 will now take place on Saturday nights and will take place over a much shorter time frame with the schedule condensed to around 10 rounds, with the Endurance Cup being removed from the series itself. I can also tell you that myself and @NW48 will be joining forces to run the series as a merger between the ATCC and CORE Australian V8 Supercars. As for further details, there will be a lot of uncertainty, but it will be a decision between updating the cars and schedule for another season on GT6, or moving to the PS4 on project cars with Ford Falcon FG that is rumoured to be coming soon in a future DLC. Before making a final decision, we will run a trial event to test the viability of using Project Cars as the platform for a series. When we are ready to do this, a post will be made on here. I know I promised to announce some end of season awards, but things have been quite busy with real life, along with running the N24 so I haven't been able do the awards. Again, thanks to everyone for some great racing this year and I will see alot of you on track again soon! :D

Back