CORE Group C Championship: Completed, Results Up. Congratulations to Pluxtheduck and Gadget333

• Thread starter jonnyb1990
  • 380 comments
A Quick Fix'

There's no way on God's green earth am I missing the next race!!!
I already checked my Calender'

Every time i hear how the C9 sounds in GT, i get depressed. That's why i dind't use that car for the series.
In GT6 it sounds like it inhailed Helium :lol:

Jonny, don't know if you are aware but if the Tire wear and fuel consumption is set to FAST, there's NO tire BUG afther pit stops.

I was not aware of this. I shall do some experimentation next week to see what the best option is. I found after the first hour I could run fairly comparable pace on RH tyres to Plux but could still do a 'full' stint without the tyres going off too severely. I will post my findings when I've found them ;)

Jonny, don't know if you are aware but if the Tire wear and fuel consumption is set to FAST, there's NO tire BUG afther pit stops.

Right I can confirm that this statement is untrue. There is still a very obvious shift from front biased tyre wear in the first stint to rear biased for proceeding stints. So we will be using Tyre/Fuel Depletion set to Normal

I have also noted the shift in tyre wear after fitting new tyres. The best strategy seems to be to make your first stint last as long as possible and take your chances after that.

I assume we will remain at the mercy of an update fix. Until then just remember we're all in the same boat, just try and tune around it as best as you can.

I assume we will remain at the mercy of an update fix. Until then just remember we're all in the same boat, just try and tune around it as best as you can.
........AND DONT CRASH early in the race to make the first tyres last as long as possible.👍

I have dusted off the Toyota. It still starts! I will have to blow some cobwebs out on the 18th, see you then.

I have dusted off the Toyota. It still starts! I will have to blow some cobwebs out on the 18th, see you then.
I'm more worried about the flooding on mine, Europe has been hit with such bad weather and well I'm not sure if the garage survived, if my driving is bad on the day I shall be blaming the weather and what it has done to my car

Can you confirm race start time and time accelerator settings for the race please? Will it be a daylight only race?

Jonny, i really think you should consider seting the mec damage to "light" just for this event, because of the tire bug, and for a better flow of the race.

Jonny, i really think you should consider seting the mec damage to "light" just for this event, because of the tire bug, and for a better flow of the race.

The tyre bug does make it a challenge, but in fairness we already have 'Racing Line' to help and in my view anything less than 'Heavy Damage' just isn't racing ;)

Drivers just need t0 slow down and drive within the conditions and tyres allow....

The tyre bug does make it a challenge, but in fairness we already have 'Racing Line' to help and in my view anything less than 'Heavy Damage' just isn't racing ;)

Drivers just need t0 slow down and drive within the conditions and tyres allow....

jajajajajaja...ok, you will regret that during the race i promise lol

jajajajajaja...ok, you will regret that during the race i promise lol

LOL....I know. Nothing like setting myself up for a fall. But if I do make a complete fool of myself, I have a sneaking suspicion that I'll have plenty of company on 'Planet Crashfest'.

I must admit next week is going to be very scary, if it rains then....that's gonna suck. I'm pretty bullish on my chances though but I'll find out next week.

I have attempted to tune my car to compensate for the bug, so now it's a bit of a pig on the first stint, and hopefully less of a crazy horse on the remaining stints. However, because of this I have given up on trying to tune it to the nth degree.

As much as you're right and we're all going to be kicking ourselves for making this decision; The idea was always to run this race on heavy damage, it's been stated as much on the OP thus, in the nicest possible way, suck it up! ;)

At least we'll all be in the same boat together, but it will be interesting to see who can pull off the right balance of speed and consistency.

Diver’s Brief: Nurburgring

wlpt.jpg

Configuration: Configuration - Nordschleife - Change Weather/Time

Laps: 20

Weather:

Initial Setting: 0

Changability: 30

Surface Water at Start: 0

Pit Lines:

Pit In: Not in effect.

Pit Out: No pit line, however drivers should be aware of the Rejoin Blocking rule and allow faster cars past into Turn 1.

Track Limits:

Are defined under the ‘corner cutting’ section of the ‘rules and regulations’ section on the OP (permissible curbing colour is red and white in this case), with no exceptions

Start Procedure

Due to the nature of the track, and the cars we will be driving, a full pace lap, nor a double file start is feasible. Instead the field will lead off in single file through the first complex. When they reach the Hocheichen corner (view images for reference), each subsequent car will go green.

pocc.jpg

jzqn.jpg

To be entirely clear, the field will not go green simultaneously, anyone who does so early will be given a jump start penalty (+60). While I appreciate this places far more premium on qualifying performance than a normal start procedure, it is the best option we could devise.

Notes

Please remember that this will be a full damage event. It is not supposed to be easy, in fact quite the opposite. It will be up to you to control your pace and take as few risks as possible.

There has recently been a patch (1.03) that reportedly affects the handling of MR cars, so please be aware of any implications this has on your set-up.

In order to reduce miscommunication, slower cars (damaged or being lapped) should move over to the right hand side when they feel it is safe to let another car passed. However if they do not move aside when a clear opportunity presents itself, they will receive a penalty.

Amongst you are some of the finest drivers I’ve ever had the privilege to race with, let’s end the series on the high.

Driver List

1. jonnyb1990 – Nissan R92CP

2. Gadget333 - Mazda 787B (car shared with PluxtheDuck)

3. Nin-Chin - Sauber C9

There will be an official test session from 21:00GMT on the Wednesday before the race, attendance is not mandatory

Last edited:
Driver List

1. jonnyb1990 – Nissan R92CP

2. Gadget333 - Mazda 787B (car shared with PluxtheDuck)

There will be an official test session from 21:00GMT on the Wednesday before the race, attendance is not mandatory
[/quote]

Helpful little bit of findings, after the first stint, tyres will last 4 laps without modifying your driving style, 5 could be doable but you'll have to give away lots of lap time.

Back