CORE Group C Championship: Completed, Results Up. Congratulations to Pluxtheduck and Gadget333

• Thread starter jonnyb1990
  • 380 comments
I probably should have made this bit clearer, could those attending c/p this list with their names added and the car they wish to drive:

1. jonnyb1990

2. memto89

1. jonnyb1990

2. memto89

3. Ninners

4. Pluxtheduck

5. AYRTONSCHUMACHER. Nissan 92 blue car.

1. jonnyb1990

2. memto89

3. Ninners

4. Pluxtheduck

6. Davidb_165 Toyota

1. jonnyb1990

2. memto89

3. Ninners

4. Pluxtheduck

6. Davidb_165 Toyota

7.OL_APEX (MAZDA)

I suppose I better fork over pretty much my entire GT6 bank account balance to buy this thing (I'm not doing the glitch thing).

1. jonnyb1990

2. memto89

3. Ninners

4. Pluxtheduck

6. Davidb_165 Toyota

7.OL_APEX (MAZDA)

8.ZovomirVanBasten

I am finding it much harder to drive these cars in gt6 vs gt5. It's partly because I am not that good at tuning, but even when I think I have it handling pretty well it goes ahead and bites me. At the moment my biggest problem is that it tends to oversteer as soon as I touch the brakes unless I am dead straight. To me this suggests the need to move brake bias forwards and or try increasing lsd deceleration side but I have tried these things and it doesn't seen to help.

I am finding it much harder to drive these cars in gt6 vs gt5. It's partly because I am not that good at tuning, but even when I think I have it handling pretty well it goes ahead and bites me. At the moment my biggest problem is that it tends to oversteer as soon as I touch the brakes unless I am dead straight. To me this suggests the need to move brake bias forwards and or try increasing lsd deceleration side but I have tried these things and it doesn't seen to help.
Set your brakes to 3-1 and put your braking sen (in LSD) to 45-50 and that will help a lot, if you are struggling with oversteer under accel then lower your accel sen

I don't think it will be getting moved.. I asked mods a while ago to move the threads and nothing has been done and since there is only 3 races in the series i guess its not really that worth it

I'm planning a fightback in this round as my pedal issues have gone away which means I can control the throttle on my ow this time and the fact that GT6 suits my kind of style much more effectively than GT5, however as I stated before, if my teammates are faster I will let them through as they are ahead in the standings at the moment.

in the test we ran last night it would seem that some people are having a difficult time with the new game, i think we will see some interesting results from this round

Official test will be in about 20 minutes time in jonnyb1990's room. If you haven't done so already, make sure to add me to your friend's list.

Edit: Subtle delay, at the end of its life, the fat PS3's puny harddrive rears its ugly head so I've just had to uninstall GT5 to make room for the new patch. Room will be up soon.

Room is now open!

Last edited:
I am away at work this time around and will not be able to take part. Enjoy the new game physics and the race.

I'm not going to make it either. Christmas plans changed to Saturday at 1pm to see my godson.
Have a great holiday and new year everyone.
I apologise for waisting your time jonnyb :)

I'm not going to make it either. Christmas plans changed to Saturday at 1pm to see my godson.
Have a great holiday and new year everyone.
I apologise for waisting your time jonnyb :)

Don't worry about it; I'm now, more then ever, feeling the strain of real life so have plenty of empathy. Are you still joining us @joetruckv8?

So.. There won't be any chages on the specs and regulations, for GT6?
Tire wear?
Slipstream?
ABS level?
Anyting?

So.. There won't be any chages on the specs and regulations, for GT6?
Tire wear?
Slipstream?
ABS level?
Anyting?

Ahh, yes I forgot to make amends, from yesterday's patch, we will be trying out the 'Real' slipstream setting. Hopefully it will mean the end of ridiculous repass battles down the Mulsanne.

1. jonnyb1990
2. memto89
3. Ninners
4. Pluxtheduck
6. Davidb_165 Toyota
7.OL_APEX (MAZDA)
8.ZovomirVanBasten
9. duke_adam46 (85% certain)

Well peps, my ps3 blueray drive died today, don't think i will be able to replace it before the race. It was loading one of the gt6 demo videos and i hit the X, then ir froze and needed a hard restart, afther that, is not reading the disc. Tomorrow i will try to fetch one but for the meantime i'm off :(

1. jonnyb1990
2. memto89
3. Ninners
4. Pluxtheduck
6. Davidb_165 Toyota
7.OL_APEX (MAZDA)
8.ZovomirVanBasten
9. duke_adam46 (85% certain)
10. JoeTruckV8 (may ask to start from rear of grid do to low setup time, crunching laps now)

Well peps, my ps3 blueray drive died today, don't think i will be able to replace it before the race. It was loading one of the gt6 demo videos and i hit the X, then ir froze and needed a hard restart, afther that, is not reading the disc. Tomorrow i will try to fetch one but for the meantime i'm off :(

I thought it was Apple's that broke when their successor got released? What're you playing at Sony!

JoeTruckV8 (may ask to start from rear of grid do to low setup time, crunching laps now)

Due to the nature of GT6's 'practice-qualifying-race' set-up, it is no longer possible for cars to enter the track post qualifying, so you would be unable to tweak stuff anyway. If you wish to start from the back I suggest pulling off to the side and waiting for the session to end.

Back