CORE, WEC S3, ON GT6! March 2014 Sign up now!Draft 

• Thread starter TDZdave
  • 544 comments
Is the requirement that there must be a driver from each team in both runnings of each event or could all 3 drivers run in the same event sometimes?

Is Madrid necessary? Already enough rounds in the euro leg, why not add more to the asian leg and scrap madrid? (Just a suggestion)

I think Madrid is a great track and probably the only good street track in the game. It's like a Monaco that isn't completely **** and only in the calendar to satisfy sponsors and give corporate executives a weekend of debauchery in the sun. Having a street track in the championship really adds excitement and terror in equal measure I think and I for one am very happy that it's there. Just my two cents worth.

I think Madrid is a great track and probably the only good street track in the game. It's like a Monaco that isn't completely **** and only in the calendar to satisfy sponsors and give corporate executives a weekend of debauchery in the sun. Having a street track in the championship really adds excitement and terror in equal measure I think and I for one am very happy that it's there. Just my two cents worth.
In my opinion the best street track in GT6 is Tokyo

In my opinion the best street track in GT6 is Tokyo

Maybe it's because I only started playing GT games with GT5 but I have never been a fan of Tokyo (apart from some of the middle sector). It feels a bit like some streets with barriers thrown around them to me like London but Madrid would be a good (if short) track without the barriers. Madrid has a similar feel to Monaco but it has passing opportunities aplenty and the first corner is one of my favourites. They say opinions are like bellybuttons though, everyone has one and none of them hold a lot of water. To each their own I guess.

Is the requirement that there must be a driver from each team in both runnings of each event or could all 3 drivers run in the same event sometimes?
To answer your question to the best of my knowledge, there will only be 2 drivers on a team and I'm pretty sure they have to be in different races.

"Teams will be made up of 6 points divided by 3 drivers
Gold = 3
Silver = 2
Bronze = 1"

Well two races suggests two drivers but the OP states the above.

"Teams will be made up of 6 points divided by 3 drivers
Gold = 3
Silver = 2
Bronze = 1"

Well two races suggests two drivers but the OP states the above.
We didn't make the benchmark to have to have three rooms so I'm pretty sure we are down to two now. But again, I'm not the series sanctioner.

I'm not sure which version of Madrid you are using but reverse is better than normal. What ever version has the longest run down into the first. The anti clock wise version.

Steve teams will only be made up of 2 drivers, so to make a gte team will require 4 points not 6, the 6 points was only if you get enough people for 3 lobbies

Steve teams will only be made up of 2 drivers, so to make a gte team will require 4 points not 6, the 6 points was only if you get enough people for 3 lobbies

Ahh ok. Must have missed that update. Was only looking at the OP. But is is a Driver in each race right? As per VLN except races will be staggered, and it'll be points based scoring, not 'Total Team Time'?

Steve i shall quote you this, it was also posted on the Facebook group as well

I know that a lot of people have been wondering why the WEC has been done the way it has, and what was the point in the grading of drivers etc.

First of all hello and welcome to the season 3 of the WEC run and sanctioned by CORE (of which I am the CEO)

Now the WEC is like no other racing series (as far as I can see), the aim of this season is to introduce a much more dynamic setup. As a driver you are not just racing for yourself you are racing for a team and a manufacture, like in real life the driver does not answer to them selves but they answer to the teams. We wanted people to look at the bigger picture than just themselves, i.e. when a race is going badly we don't want people to rage quit as that hurts your team mates more than if you have a bad race and just finish last.

Teams

Teams will be formed through the grading process, this is a real opportunity for people to work together and build each other up. I know people already had it in their heads who they wanted to race with but again in real life drivers don't get to choose who their team mates are but they have to make the most of the situation given. We want to replicate this as CORE is not all about racing, its about building up communities and building drivers abilities, a gold driver and a bronze driver together will create a team where one is fast and consistent and clean and the other maybe slower and struggle with wheel to wheel action, but with the gold drivers help in knowledge of setup and driving standards means that they can train each other and share that information. I honestly feel like people are far to closed off about setups and information about the cars, I understand that you want to win but why not share the information to build up the slower drivers and make a race out of it because if you get a close race to the flag then you feel like you have accomplished something, and if you have lost that race you feel like you need to try harder and push yourself that little bit more in order gain that edge.

Teams will be formed of Bronze -1, Silver - 2, Gold - 3. And in GTE teams will be formed by making 4 points or less (due to people not getting back about grading we are below the 3 lobby threshold) LMP team formation is still to be decided.

Manufactures

The car selection (when published very soon) will be made up of 2 cars per maker, this is to provide a little extra spice to the mix and also allows for a much bigger information pool. There will be 4 drivers driving the same car (2 per lobby) and the reason for this is team orders, it all comes back to working towards the greater good of the team and the manufacturer. If at the end of the season there is one team that is showing better results and is in a fight for the championship, the other car (if discussed or a bit of heads up driving from the other team) may pull over and let the other car through. It’s all about collaboration and working together to gain the best out of yourself and the team.

Car choices

I know a lot of the GTE drivers wanted to run in the new GT3 cars, but you have to understand that CORE already has the N24 running the GT3 cars and there is plans in the pipe work for another GT3 based series on the way. WEC never ran GT3 cars in real life and nor shall the CORE WEC. I wanted the WEC to be different and not chose the cars that everyone is jumping into straight away.

Choosing your car. Choosing your car is something that will be regulated, many of the drivers here are returning from season 2 of the WEC and some have graduated from the feeder series of the WEC, these people will be getting first pick of the cars as I have seen them all put a lot of time and effort into getting where they are now. I am sorry if people lose out on the cars they wanted but that is the way of the world sometimes.

Races

Anyone who has run in one of my series before will understand that rules and regulations are part and parcel of the championship. At some point in season 2 almost every driver lost out on points due to penalties, but one thing we noticed is that once people started getting these penalties their driving standards improved dramatically and it became less stressful and more fun, people started to understand that strategy and not trying to win on the first lap was key to winning the race and it made for one of the greatest racing series I have ever been involved in.

The standard race will be 2 hours long, you can choose any tyre you wish to run on and that is driver dependant. The double points races will be 3 hours long.

Lobbies

WEC S3 will be run in a multi lobby format and the lobbies will be staggered. This is so we can maximize people’s chances of racing and also for teams to be able to cover off any missing drivers (all will be released with rules and regulations). Even though you are not making a driver change in the same lobby, it is treated the same as you will be driving for the team to gain the best possible time.

Timing and scoring

The way that the timing and scoring is counted is the set number of laps completed and then the lowest time to complete that distance. So for example

Race distance 36 laps

Team 1

2:03:53.689 for driver 1

2:06:34.723 for driver 2

Team 2

2:04:02.249 for driver 1

2:05:23.284 for driver 2

then the outcome would be

Team 1

Lap 72 - 4:10:28.412

Team 2

Lap 72 - 4:09:25.533

So the winner would be Team 2, but if team 2 completes 1 lap less then team 1 would win.

I know this may seem like a random babble abut the series but I wanted everyone to understand the thinking behind the series and how it’s going to develop. I’m just hoping that this has shown the level of detail that is going into this series and its not just been hashed together last second without any thought being put into it. Hopefully I will see you guys on track soon testing your cars and getting all ready for March 1st!!!

Both, there will be one tonight and one tomorrow night... tonights one is at 7pm
today will be grading race?
can i try? it's very hard to be a retired driver in this series, but I am affraid tahat i will haven't many time.. Maybe it will be good option to try this?

Can we please get a signup sheet going for tonight final grading race??

1. memto89
2. Plotnik

Also just a quick note, Hopefully all answers will be answered when the new thread is up and running... please remember that i have lost my right hand man and so I'm doing it all on my own which means things take a lot longer to get sorted

9PM GMT Megane Trophies 440BHP at 960KG

Copy paste this and add you name to it

1. memto89
2. Plotnik
3. AJHG1000

9PM GMT Megane Trophies 440BHP at 960KG

Copy paste this and add you name to it

1. memto89
2. Plotnik
3. AJHG1000
4. Adrianhettich

]1. memto89
2. Plotnik
3. AJHG1000
4. Adrianhettich
5. chozza_32
6. Nin-Chin
7. knukken (might leave early)

1. memto89
2. Plotnik
3. AJHG1000
4. Adrianhettich
5. chozza_32
6. Nin-Chin
8. Adam46

1. memto89
2. Plotnik
3. AJHG1000
4. Adrianhettich
5. chozza_32
6. Nin-Chin
8. Adam46
9. EDirtyTati

You've got to be kidding me!!!!!! I went to pit and the stupid game just sat me there! I can't get back out of the pits. I got no option for tire choice. Just a park and sit. These new glitches are ********!!!!!

Back