CORE, WEC S3, ON GT6! March 2014 Sign up now!Draft 

• Thread starter TDZdave
  • 544 comments
So far we have 27 out of 48 drivers! Keep them coming.

9 GTE 5 LMP and the other 13 are unconfirmed, remember we are trying to get 24 sign ups for each class.

Le Mans 24Hours will not be running due to lack of people available to do such a lengthy race, however it will be extended but details are yet to be confirmed.

Can you please PM me the drivers I'm missing from the OP drivers sign up sheet? I only have 22 including our new sign up glen,

NOTICE TO ALL DRIVERS:

There will be 2-3 Test sessions once GT6 is out and all the cars are specced. Test sessions will include, time trials and test races. One of these sessions will be mandatory in order to grade all drivers... Dates will be announced close to the time, But grading is a crucial part of this championship so you are required to be at one of the test sessions.

Driver that will need to attend: Unclassified

P1K3Y_M1k3Y
eDirtyTati
Ayrtonschumacher
Furinkazen
GTP_Caine
Glenalz81
DevilBoy

Driver that will need to attend: Double checking
redbullrider20
RS__96__oO
PaKoS_89_PL
gippone

Ayrtonschumacher mentioned that he won't be returning until around May, so after the season has started, but he can race after that I believe.

If there is any team going on, how the driver selection is going to be,base on you guys, or we can choice how will be our partners?

@Yaodrift You can chose once the lists are published, however Matt, I believe Ayrtonschumacher should be atleast a silver from what we've seen from him so far, maybe even a gold, but I've only raced him once so I can't judge that much.

If there is any team going on, how the driver selection is going to be,base on you guys, or we can choice how will be our partners?
Like nin said, once all drivers have been graded as Bronze/silver/gold a list will be published with the rules for selection of teams. This is to provide the fairest option for anyone to win the championship and after that it will hopefully be down to just how well the races go for each driver.

and nin, i am aware of the situation with AYSH and he has been graded for the moment, Im also aware of his time constraints ;)

Like nin said, once all drivers have been graded as Bronze/silver/gold a list will be published with the rules for selection of teams. This is to provide the fairest option for anyone to win the championship and after that it will hopefully be down to just how well the races go for each driver;)

May I ask based on what will the drivers be rated/classified?

@Devilb0y They will be rated on particular driver skills, e.g speed, consistency and race craft, they will be broken up into 3 categories: Gold, Silver and Bronze.

e.g Somebody who may be fast but crashes often, who has the speed of a Gold driver, but doesn't have the consistency, in this case, we would place them in Silver, but it can be other factors too, just like FIA GT3.

@Ninners, @memto89, thanks for the quick replys and sorry for so many the question's.
One more thing though, will teams be composed of Gold, Silver, and Bronze drivers or can it also be gold, silver, silver or 2 golds one bronze? Or is it set to the the first order?

@Devilb0y I'm not totally sure, but I believe it the team total is 6, Gold is worth 3, Silver=2, Bronze=1, Matt knows all the details.

Teams are going to be of 3, so 3 Silvers is possible, Gold+Silver+Bronze is possible, that's all I can work out so far, but Matt knows all the stuff so I can't confirm yet.

@Ninners, @memto89, thanks for the quick replys and sorry for so many the question's.
One more thing though, will teams be composed of Gold, Silver, and Bronze drivers or can it also be gold, silver, silver or 2 golds one bronze? Or is it set to the the first order?
Ok here is where it gets complicated atm

if we get 32 sign ups i.e. 2 people per team then teams will be arranged by
Gold - 3
Silver - 2
Bronze - 1
and 4 points will make a team.

Or

Platinum - 4
Gold - 3
Silver - 2
Bronze - 1

And LMP will be 6 points GTE 4 (just so that competent people are in control of the fastest machines that can do the most damage)

if we get 48 sign ups i.e. 3 people per team then teams will be arranged by

Gold - 3
Silver - 2
Bronze - 1
and 6 points will make a team.

Or

Platinum - 4
Gold - 3
Silver - 2
Bronze - 1

And LMP will be 10 points GTE 6 (just so that competent people are in control of the fastest machines that can do the most damage)

Hopefully everyone can wrap their heads around this lol...

Last edited:
Basically we are still trying to asses all the drivers abilities before we make the call about points systems.

CORE and WEC season 3 is all about driver development, and the idea is that everyone in teams shares information with the other drivers, so bronze drivers will learn from gold and silver will push silver etc etc, so once teams are made then information about driving and setup and race craft will all be passed around helping to develop everyone into fine driving talents.

There will be more information about this setup soon on the CORE FB page

https://www.facebook.com/pages/CORE/1398663943707142

Also for you new guys we do have a CORE WEC Facebook page which is a bit more on the sociable side of things, Always helps build up the community of drivers if we are all having a laugh together

https://www.facebook.com/groups/388145277867705/

Last edited:
I prefer the last one, depends on the ratings, also I think GTE should be raised to 5, so 2 Silvers and 1 bronze can link up instead of 2 bronze and 1 Silver(expecting GTE drivers won't be rated higher than Silver) or could increase it to 6 like earlier for GTE so Gold, Silver and Bronze could link up, but this can be decided/sorted closer to time.

I prefer the last one, depends on the ratings, also I think GTE should be raised to 5, so 2 Silvers and 1 bronze can link up instead of 2 bronze and 1 Silver(expecting GTE drivers won't be rated higher than Silver) or could increase it to 6 like earlier for GTE so Gold, Silver and Bronze could link up, but this can be decided/sorted closer to time.
Its meant to be 6 not 4 :/ sorry about that

Also in regards to ratings for GTE drivers, Gold will be the highest rating

But we should probably put a limit if loads of LMP drivers have Silver ratings, e.g highest could be 10 and lowest could be 6, providing that most of the Gold drivers are actually still available, since now you and John can form a team(presuming you guys are Platinum) and then a Silver driver e.g Chozza(last time I heard he was a Silver) makes it all very interesting

I have nothing against the dream team idea but it's just an example :)

But we should probably put a limit if loads of LMP drivers have Silver ratings, e.g highest could be 10 and lowest could be 6, providing that most of the Gold drivers are actually still available, since now you and John can form a team(presuming you guys are Platinum) and then a Silver driver e.g Chozza(last time I heard he was a Silver) makes it all very interesting

I have nothing against the dream team idea but it's just an example :)
TBH me and john have agreed that we will not form a team for moral reasons anyway lol. we are already doing the N24 together... like i said it all depends on how many sign up and what the pool of talent is anyway

7 is a good choice too with gold,silver,silver or gold,gold,bronze 5 is interesting for GTE, gold,bronze,bronze or silver,silver,bronze loads to chose from, luckily we have time.

NOTICE TO ALL DRIVERS:

There will be 2-3 Test sessions once GT6 is out and all the cars are specced. Test sessions will include, time trials and test races. One of these sessions will be mandatory in order to grade all drivers... Dates will be announced close to the time, But grading is a crucial part of this championship so you are required to be at one of the test sessions.

Driver that will need to attend: Unclassified

P1K3Y_M1k3Y
eDirtyTati
Ayrtonschumacher
Furinkazen
GTP_Caine
Glenalz81
DevilBoy

Driver that will need to attend: Double checking
redbullrider20
RS__96__oO
PaKoS_89_PL
gippone

My name is not on this list. Does that mean you can grade me from my participation in other events or do I need to be there?

My name is not on this list. Does that mean you can grade me from my participation in other events or do I need to be there?
Since your running in group c I will be grading you from that (taking into account the difficult nature of the cars of course)

Since the Delta Wing is back, it looks like we may be going through a complete car overhaul for GTE, however we might have to dump 1 car from the LMP list to add the new R18(2 versions) but realistically we only need 1 of them.

Since the Delta Wing is back, it looks like we may be going through a complete car overhaul for GTE, however we might have to dump 1 car from the LMP list to add the new R18(2 versions) but realistically we only need 1 of them.
There was never any plan to run the delta wing let alone in GTE?? if we do it will be as a spec series (P2) car but i don think there will be enough people signing up to run it

Back