CORE WEC Season 3Finished 

• Thread starter memto89
  • 4,355 comments
Sorry this is not an all singing all dancing one but as I'm sure you are all aware I'm rather busy with things atm

Drivers brief for Renault Megane Trophy support races

22nd February Saturday

Host:
Jonnyb1990

Number of laps 31

Lobby will open at 11:00 AM GMT

Qualifying will start at 11:25 AM GMT (if you are late you will not be participating as this is a televised event and we can not wait for anyone)

Room settings
Race for real
Fixed room
NO
Race quality High
Voice chat standard
Track Nurburgring GP/D
Time 11:00
Time progression 1

Tyres/Fuel depletion Normal
Grip Reduction Real
Minimum # Pitstops 1
Race finish delay 180 secs
Visible damage off
Mechanical damage heavy
Slipstream Strength Real
TC available
ABS available

Weather
Weather at start 20%
Weather changeability 35
Surface water at race start 10%

The cars
BHP limit
KG limit 960
No engine tuning stage 1-2-3 allowed
Any tyre is allowed but 1 pitstop MUST be made

Rules and regulations

1. At the start the drivers will take off from the grid slots and go round the track to pit in, once pitted and on new tyres they will go round again and for in 2x2 formation for a rolling start

2. No using text box or headset throughout the race

3. Races will be 45 mins long with revers grid for the 2nd race

List of driver attending:

Guilty! Actually, I'm not up for racing at 6am. Sorry! I'll see you guys March 2nd.

List of driver attending:
1. GTP_Caine

I don't mind a piece of that!

Last edited:
I must say I'm interesting in seeing how Willow Springs is going to go considering the crap that PD did to it at the last update...

well PD's "track maintenance" has hurt the attendance of Willow Springs because only 14 people will show up to watch the race (count the people in the stands)

Just had a quick practice for Indy. 1'26.2 was my best time after pitting. The RX-7 doesn't seem to respond to tuning, still does the same lap times regardless.

Zovo should be able to make Indy, he sent the PS3 in for repairs and they said it should be done by Saturday but here at THAR we plan to put me in for Saturdays as I can't do Sundays and Zovo for Sundays.

Also
What happened to willow springs? I haven't been paying attention

Since the last update Willow Springs would be hell if you went off track, so if you go wide it literally slows you down to 20mph almost instantly. This has a big affect on close series(like one make events and ToCA which I race in). As the ToCA standards are slightly aggressive it means that one tap can send people off and effectively ruin their race, I doubt it would be a problem for racing cars and endurance series seeing as this is probably the cleanest series I race in, but hey just saying ;).

Last edited:
WEC Round 1 Drivers Brief

vcru.jpg

Race 1 2 hours:
01/03/2014

20:00 GMT lobby open

Race 2 2 hours:
02/03/2014
21:00 GMT lobby open

Track: Indy Road
Laps: 90

Lobby 1

Race day

Lobby will open when count down timer reaches 0. Spec check will begin 30 minutes after the count down timer finishes and will last for 10 minutes.
Qualifying
Qualifying is 20 minutes long and will only be conducted in lobby 1, Lobby 2 starting positions will be as a result of lobby 1 finishing positions.

Lobby 2

Race Day

Lobby will open and 40 mins of free running will commence. 40 minutes after the count down timer has finished the host will call spec check and all car will begin spec check. once spec check has finished the host will type the starting order, It is required that you pay attention and keep off headset or text box at this point so as to make sure everything runs smoothly.

Both Lobbies

Race

Due to the tyre glitch all cars will take off in grid order and go round the track in single file to the pits, once all cars are pitted and rolling again the cars will make their way round to sector 3 where the leader will slow down to 50 mph to group all traffic up. Cars will then move into double file formation with odds of the left and even on the right.
Start
Once all cars are in the correct order and in double file the leader will initiate starting orders. The leader will reach the grid slot markings, once they have reached this point they may accelerate at any point of their choosing. The person closest to the leader who has a headset will call "Green Green Green" once they see the leader accelerate.

Rules

CORE©

WEC Season 3 Rules:

Team requirement options

Every team must have 1 driver in lobby one and lobby 2 (teams do not run in the same lobbies). We understand that not every driver can make every race, therefore there are some fall back measures that are in place for teams in this situation.

Reserve Drivers

Reserve drivers can only be used to replace a missing driver, however a reserve driver can only be used 2 times in a season for 1 team freely. After a team has used a reserve driver 2 times and require to use one again they will be deducted 2 points from their teams total points.

Run again

The other option for teams is if the remaining driver can make the race then they will be allowed to run again in lobby 2. The driver that runs in both races will only be scored in the lobby they are nominated to score points in, you will not get to choose post race which lobby points will be scored in.

The reason for this is to make sure that teams are not affected by missing drivers.

Missing driver

If a team is unable to get a reserve driver or have the remaining driver in both lobbies then the team will score less than the 70% mark of both lobbies and will be classed as a DNF. The driver that misses the race will not score any points.

Lobbies

No team is allowed to run in the same lobby, every team much run in a separate lobby to their teammate.

ON TRACK RULES

Collisions:

Accident: A situation that results in contact in which the instigating driver loses control of their vehicle in a manner that makes avoiding the proceeding contact beyond reasonable expectation.

Racing incident: A situation where contact occurs through the action (or inaction) of at least one of the drivers involved, while maintaining in clear control of their vehicle, in which no significant damage or delay occurs to those not baring due responsibility.

Avoidable contact [+60]: A situation where a vehicle is damaged or delayed through the controlled actions, intentional or otherwise, of another driver, in which responsibility for the situation occurring can be clearly defined.

If a collision is deemed as Avoidable contact, penalties will be given to the parties responsible even if they allow the other cars to re-pass after.

Pit Lines [+30]: The pit entry and exit are defined as the area between the outside edge of the circuit and the inside edge of the pit line. If any part of a driver’s car crosses the line it will result in a penalty. There will be a statement in the Driver’s Briefing before each round that identifies which lines are being regulated.

Corner Cutting [+30]: As a generalization, track limits are defined by the outside edge of the white line on the circuit, however they also include the red and white curbing on apexes and exits; exceptions to this rule will be included in the driver’s briefing. A car must keep two wheels within the track limits at all times. If all four wheels are no longer within the track limits on three incidences within three laps, a penalty will be incurred.

Driving Standards [+120]: If a driver is displaying poor control of their vehicle or deemed to behave in a reckless manner they will receive a driving standards warning. If one driver collects three warnings over the course of a season a penalty will be given. Note; damage is not a defense to this rule.

Blocking [+30]: If a driver fails to provide racing room (the width of the passing car) to a car that has committed to a passing move, or otherwise forces them from the track during an overtake a penalty will be given to the responsible party even if they allow the other driver to pass afterwards.

Rejoin Blocking [+60]: If a car is moving at significantly lower than racing speed such as rejoining the track (from either the pit lane or from an accident), or suffering from damage and deliberately moves to prevent another car from passing them they will receive a penalty.

Blue Flags [+60]: A car that is being pursued by a car that is about to go a lap ahead is within their rights to drive their line and attempt to stay on the lead lap and is in no way expected to pull aside to allow the pursuer to pass. However, if the pursuing car attempts to make a pass and is close enough to do so, they must not execute a defensive maneuver as they could legally do if they were fighting for position; nor are they allowed to attempt as re-pass that will overly hinder the lapping car’s pace. If a car has gone a lap down due to damage and is recovering and noticeably catching cars that are laps ahead, it is allowed to pass them, however the leading cars are allowed to drive defensively if they choose to do so.

Team Misconduct [+30]: If a team or driver behaves in a way that countermands or hinders the stewards efforts; including but not limited to, refusal to serve penalties, harassment, use of the PSN text box/voice chat during the race, the stewards can appoint a misconduct penalty. Please not multiple infractions can be administered simultaneously if the stewards deem fit.

Disconnects:

Will be classed as a mechanical failure and the race will continue on. The results will show the last completed lap that the driver did before the disconnection.

Conduct:

Conduct on and off track is expected to be respectful to race organizers and fellow racers. If anyone wishes to raise a point about a fellow driver or something about the series they are required to PM memto89 or any of the other organizers. Any attempt at an argument in the public thread will receive a warning to remove the said message. Failure to remove message or continuing with misconduct will result in being asked to leave the series. It has happened before and CORE will not hesitate to do it again. We do not accept any form of argument or slander in our series.

All teams will need to sort out who is driving on which day:
Saturday Lobby 1 signup sheet

Sunday Lobby 2 signup sheet

Last edited:
Copy paste the list and add your name and team mates name to the list so everyone knows what lobby you are running in. This is how it will be done for every race

Saturday Lobby 1 signup sheet
1. Fortbo

Sunday Lobby 2 signup sheet
1. IzzyRacer97

Hi memto... you mentioned I should find a team mate and I think I have. He goes by the name AndroR35 on PSN and I can vouch for him that he's a good, clean, competitive racer. He will most likely sign up to this thread at some point if he wants to join... Only thing is we would both need to be graded before the race, obviously. If it turns out that our points exceed the team limit then he'll probably want to race in another LMP team with someone else if that's OK with you, of course.

When is it that you'll be available to do grading?

Im planning on grading this evening, was meant to say sooner but been busy with getting all the N24 stuff out the way. Once everyone is graded then we can start to sort out teams ;)

So Grading 21:00 (or 30 mins from now) for anyone who needs grading!!!!

Im planning on grading this evening, was meant to say sooner but been busy with getting all the N24 stuff out the way. Once everyone is graded then we can start to sort out teams ;)

So Grading 21:00 (or 30 mins from now) for anyone who needs grading!!!!

Grats on the N24 success btw, I managed to watch some of it on the live feed you provided. Very nice.

Back