CORE WEC Season 3Finished 

• Thread starter memto89
  • 4,355 comments
I guess you guys got caught out by me doing 1 more lap than expected. I crossed the line with 10 seconds to go. I presume since the timer expires you don't have pit options any more if you pit after the race is over.
That's probably why. If only you had waited 10 seconds :banghead::grumpy:

Haha I wanted the extra lap badly so I could build a larger gap to RBR to try and snatch the overall win. It was looking bleak but with about 2mins to go he lost 1.5 seconds to me and suddenly it looked feasible. Had no traffic so pushed to the max on those final two laps. Will point out I was about 3 seconds behind Decambre when I won the race so 4 or 5 seconds more and you would have been safe.

Haha I wanted the extra lap badly so I could build a larger gap to RBR to try and snatch the overall win. It was looking bleak but with about 2mins to go he lost 1.5 seconds to me and suddenly it looked feasible. Had no traffic so pushed to the max on those final two laps. Will point out I was about 3 seconds behind Decambre when I won the race so 4 or 5 seconds more and you would have been safe.
Damn. :grumpy:

EDIT: Incident Report sent through the website.

Last edited:
Yeah that race was probably one of the most frustrating and painful I've ever done. There were so many distractions and things going on around me (in my house) it wasn't even funny. I had kids screaming everywhere, the dog barking and puking at my feet, and people asking me questions and telling me to do stuff like I wasn't in the middle of something. Probably shouldn't have even raced, I have a lot on my mind today as well (if you have me on Facebook you'll know why) and that didn't help my concentration either.

You drove really well today Nin, congratulations on the provisional win. Sorry @MC CAULEY I pretty much blew the overall win with all that. Should have just let @Mini Stiggy drive instead. (Thanks for being available Mini, I appreciate it greatly.)

Considering all the issues you had behind the scenes you did really well. I doubt I would have kept it on the road very long if that much was going on around me.

I guess you guys got caught out by me doing 1 more lap than expected. I crossed the line with 10 seconds to go. I presume since the timer expires you don't have pit options any more if you pit after the race is over.
I think we were in such a close race that we just tried to save as much time in the pits as possible, another 5 litres would have been enough to see us to the end, I should have tried a 4-stopper like you guys really.

Well, @memto89 doesn't really update the OP a ton except when it's really needed according to someone (I don't remember), but I think that it's at the Red Bull Ring though. Bathurst is just going to be carnage if someone screws up lapping GTE cars!

Well, @memto89 doesn't really update the OP a ton except when it's really needed according to someone (I don't remember), but I think that it's at the Red Bull Ring though. Bathurst is just going to be carnage if someone screws up lapping GTE cars!
It probably was according to me. Just like to push clear answers out of Memto ;)

Yup, he quite busy nowadays. It's also why the results do take a while to come now but I also think it's because he's the only steward.

Just so you guys are in the loop a bit more, i am very very sorry about the lack of points etc, the results are in and i just need to post them. Main issue is I'm about to move house and start a new job along with working 2 jobs at the moment and its rather difficult to find the time to gather the information up, I will get them posted by tonight (apart from lat rounds as I have not got the information from it) as for the future, I will be retiring from racing as my weekends will be spent traveling up and down the UK so I will not be available, there is an opportunity for anyone willing to take the WEC over from myself and i will be able to help out during the week. So if anyone wants the job just PM me

I will be retiring from racing as my weekends will be spent traveling up and down the UK so I will not be available, there is an opportunity for anyone willing to take the WEC over from myself and i will be able to help out during the week. So if anyone wants the job just PM me
Please just make sure whoever runs the WEC (if anyone :scared:) is someone you trust to keep things as professional and orderly as you have had it. I'd hate to see this turn from the World Endurance Championship to the "99% Kids Club 30 Minute Endurance for All The Swag Series".

Please just make sure whoever runs the WEC (if anyone :scared:) is someone you trust to keep things as professional and orderly as you have had it. I'd hate to see this turn from the World Endurance Championship to the "99% Kids Club 30 Minute Endurance for All The Swag Series".

Well, let's hope that isn't the case.

I'd honestly say that Caine or Mikey would be great people for running the WEC.

I don't know if Mikey is really still interested in GT or not, IIRC he only returned for the N24. Not too sure about Caine though.

Back