Corner and Straight Names for PD-Created Circuits - Circuit maps added in Post #5 - Details in OP

Should turn 10 of Special Stage Route 5 be called 'Double' or '5-11'?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Circuit: GT Arena
Layout: A
Corner #9 (The last one)
Proposal: Corner of Victory
Reason: It's the last turn before you celebrate your 1st place with thousands of fans looking at you. I'd recommend naming all tge corners of this track with GT themed names, like "Kaz".

Something like Translator-San corner xD ?

Something like Translator-San corner xD ?

Sure! :lol: That guy deserves a Cookie.

I'm going to try all the turns at GT Arena. Of course, if I' m being too greedy, you can change my proposals.

Track: GTArena
Layout: A

Turn #1: Sony Hairpin
Turn #2: GT Academy
Turn #3: VGTurn
Turn #4: Translator-San
Turns #5 & #6: Polyphony Complex
Turns #7 & #8: Kazunori Complex
Turn #9: Corner of Victory

I cannot say the reason for all of the turns, they're all GT themed. But the Polyphony and Kaz complex have this reason:
Just as these corners, you can hate them or like them, but one thing is sure, they are SLOOOW, but you must be patient in order to understand them and enjoy the most of them, then Victory for you is next.

Last edited:
Circuit: Autumn Ring
Layout (please specify if reverse): Reverse
Corner Number: 1, 2, 3
Corner Name Proposal: The Monster
Reason/story: This corner name comes from the online drift community (who use AR reverse a lot). The actual Monster is Turn #3, with #1 and #2 being the setup. The banking of Turn #3 is what makes a Monster out of this corner. It requires you to carry a lot of speed through the entry if you want to exit cleanly on the high side. As one of the two toughest corners on Autumn Ring, many many tandems and trains have been ruined by The Monster. The need to carry speed into The Monster allows you to enter Turns #1 and #2 with a lot of speed, which can translate into a lot of angle if done properly. Reverse entries are possible at Turn 2, but that's a real jerk move if you're leading :lol: There's also wall taps at both the entry of Turn #1, and during the transition from #1 to #2.

Overall, a very fun, challenging, and satisfying section.

Circuit: Grand Valley Speedway
Layout: Full
Corner #:7, 8 and 9
Proposal: hunting curves
Reason/story: just after sector 1, this part of the track is the most demanding, its very easy to mess up the entry and even the exit . to this date i haven't seen anyone attempt to pass someone here. my favorite corners of all gt tracks.

ITCC is full of intelligent, well-thought out passes in unexpected places.

In this particular case, someone tried to take an early apex to get a run on the car in front going into the corner, then thought better of it... The car behind took a late apex and got a massive run... Easy but unexpected pass just past the apex.

I have... :P

Same, I've both seen and done plenty of overtaking there? These are the two double apex corners and hairpin before the first tunnel, correct?

If you get a good exit out of turn 6 (the hairpin at the bottom of the hill), you can take the inside of 7, that corner is yours unless the other person really dives back at you into turn 8. If they do, stay wide and maintain your higher speed, you'll have the inside of turn 9 before the tunnel.

Works vice versa, if someone has just done that to you, let them have the inside of turn 9 and use the wider line that you have to get a better exit speed into the tunnel. Loads of opportunities for passing in that area - and pretty much every corner of that track really.

You can pass in any corner on any track... Except Karussel... :lol:

I've seen one pass at Karussel. Dirty driving...

I've seen passes at Turn 1 of Madrid Reverse..

ITCC is full of intelligent, well-thought out passes in unexpected places.

In this particular case, someone tried to take an early apex to get a run on the car in front going into the corner, then thought better of it... The car behind took a late apex and got a massive run... Easy but unexpected pass just past the apex.

Do you really have to plug your stuff every single place you go?

And I always called the sweepers on Apricot Hill simply the Esses. Had some more corner names somewhere on a document as well...

Circuit: Eiger K Forward
Corner number:36-38 ( asphalt section )
Corner name proposal: YES! section
Reason: In my opinion mostly of GT players have said this word after entering this section in Loeb's Challenge

Track: Midfield
Corner: 3 ??? (First sharp right hand turn)
Reason : very sudden after a lengthy straightaway.
Name: Suprise corner

I know it says not to include city tracks but on the forward layout of Seattle the corner after the incline should be called levegh corner due to the fact you'd crash in a similar way he tragedily did if it wasn't for the invisible wall.

Do you really have to plug your stuff every single place you go?

If you'll remember, he's done worse, much, much worse.

I think I've plugged stuff a couple of times, but those links are in my siggy, so I just let that do my plugging.

Layout (please specify if reverse): Reverse (works for forward as well)
Corner Number: 8 & the short straight leading to 9
Corner Name Proposal: The Basement
Reason/story: After descending the "Autumn Loop" (?), you reach The Basement - the lowest portion of the track. This medium speed, high banked corner is usually taken at full throttle. Due to multiple lines that can the chosen through this corner, passing opportunities can be set up for the next corner, in both directions.

When drifting Autumn Ring Reverse, entering The Basement aggressively and cleanly linking it to the right hand hairpin, is one of the toughest, but most rewarding, sections on the track (along with The Monster).

Layout (please specify if reverse): Reverse (works for both directions)
Corner Number: 9, 10
Corner Name Proposal: The Elevator
Reason/story: The name is pretty self explanatory, as these back to back hairpins take you through a pretty drastic elevation change, in either direction. As mentioned above, multiple lines through The Basement allow for some great passing opportunities going up The Elevator...and the double hairpins can lead to some great double passes.

When drifting, again as mentioned above, cleanly linking The Basement to The Elevator is quite challenging, but is an opportunity for a massive reverse entry...and due to the nature of the section, it's quite possible to do tandem reverse entries here (easier than many other locations). Doing double reverse entries going down The Elevator is also very rewarding (although most drifters do these corners in the downhill direction on the Mini version of the track).

Corner Number: 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
Corner Name Proposal: The Boardwalk
Reason/story: Probably the most picturesque portion Autumn Ring, this back-to-back chicane follows the edge of some sort of body of water. Rarely do racers have time to admire the scenery though, as careful attention needs to be payed to weight transfer and throttle control to navigate these corners quickly. Hammering the curbs (a la Imola) can shave a few tenths off your time.

The Boardwalk is one of the most classic drift sections in the game - in both directions, on both the Mini and Full tracks. The spacing between the chicanes turns them more into double apex sweepers, which makes it an excellent tandem section.

For that slot car-esque hairpin at Autumn Ring, how about calling it "The Autumn Ring". :P

Man wwe really need a map in the OP, because we're coming with a lot of names for each turn.

As always:

Track: Special Stage Route 5
Layout: Full
Turn #2
Name: Drifter's Paradise
Reason: Because it's the perfect spot for drifting: A long turn which can be the right place for more than 3400 points in a single corner. The scenery is also nice, I mean, it's better when it's urban.

Corner Number: 16, 17
Corner Name Proposal: Stadion (Stadium)
Reason/story: Called The Stadium due to the large, wrap around, stadium style grandstands which surround Turn 17. Lots of great passing opportunities in both directions.

I think the Hungarian translation of the word works well, as Autumn Ring, and particularly the shape of Turn 17, has always reminded me of The Hungaroring. "Szakasz" is another Hungarian word that might work as well, but I'm not sure, just going off of Google right now.

Last edited:
Circuit: Trial Mountain
Layout: Normal (not reverse)
Corner: last corner
Name proposal: Raphael Orlove
Reason:
#ORLOVED.png

Anyone familiar with downtown Tokyo able to provide some names for Tokyo R246?

Circuit: Tokyo R246
Direction: Both
Corner: 9, 10, 11
Name proposal: Shinjuku
Reason: These narrow, high speed kinks run parallel with and underneath the Shinjuku Line, which is part of Tokyo's Shuto Expressway System.

@twitcher, I do believe you are the biggest fan of Autumn Ring. Awesome.
. Definitely one of my favourite tracks for drifting, and the one I would probably consider as my "home track" :)

I'm bored today, here's a few more ideas :lol:

Layout (please specify if reverse): Both
Corner Number: Turns 5 & 6
Corner Name Proposal: George's Gorge
Reason: named after the monkey, George, who watches the action from the the fallen tree above the track between turns 5 & 6, this section of the track cuts through a narrow gorge located between turns 4 and 7. Passing opportunities can be found at turns 5 and 7 (same goes for reverse config), so a fare bit of monkey business takes place in George's Gorge.

Corner Number: Turn 8
Corner Name Proposal: The Terrace
Reason: after flying down the straight through the tunnel of trees, drivers are offered a brief glimpse at some of the surrounding scenery (if they dare take their eyes off the road!). For me, this is one of the nicest views in the game, and I've always thought PD did a nice job with this corner. I just wish they would remove the billboards.

If set up correctly, drifting the outside line against the barrier feels amazing.

Corner Number: 12
Corner Name Proposal: Nessy
Reason: named after the famous Lockness Monster, who can be seen swimming in the lake located beside this corner.

Circuit:Deep Forest Raceway
Layout: Forwards
Corner Number: Last
Corner Name Proposal: The Finger
Reason/story: Occasionally flips drivers and their cars off...

...Of the track into the pitlane wall.

Circuit:Deep Forest Raceway
Layout: Forwards
Corner Number: Last
Corner Name Proposal: The Finger
Reason/story: Occasionally flips drivers and their cars off...

...Of the track into the pitlane wall.

Don't you mean Trial Mountain? Deep Forest is this.
Deep_Forest.png

I never hit the pitlane wall or flip the car at Deep Forest's last corner. I might understeer into the grass though.

Back