Corner and Straight Names for PD-Created Circuits - Circuit maps added in Post #5 - Details in OP

Should turn 10 of Special Stage Route 5 be called 'Double' or '5-11'?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Erm, Grand Valley's "Colonnades" is the one after the Big Blue Bridge... the one with the Columns on the left

Grand Valley
Turn 13
"Colonnades"

-------------

Circuit: Apricot Hill
Layout: Forward
Corner Number: 6
Proposal: Galapagos
Reason: Big long looping left hander with a large pond on the inside behind the turtle proof guard fence. Lurking in and by the side of this seemingly tranquil pond are dozens of apricot flesh eating Turtles - (If you look in GT6's photo mode, you should be able to pick a few of the turtles out, honestly!) (The Galapagos Islands were named after Turtles.)

Circuit: Special Stage Route 5
Layout: Forward
Corner Numbers: 13, 14 and 15
Proposal: Starlight Square
Reason/story: The lights strung around the trees kinda resemble stars, and the area to the left of the track looks like some sort of traffic island or plaza.

I like to think it's a name the city fathers would probably give the area. :D

Circuit: Cape Ring
Layout (please specify if reverse): Full, outer, and north, both directions
Corner Number: 23 (on full circuit forward direction)
Corner Name Proposal: The Gravitron
Reason/story:
WdoHD.jpg

Circuit: Grand Valley
Layout (please specify if reverse): Full, both directions
Corner Number: 11 & 12 forward direction (apologies to @Ryk)
Corner Name Proposal: Operation Locker, Operation Metro
Reason/story: Named after the two main close-quarters infantry maps in Battlefield 4 - both of which take place mainly underground. Thus, they fit well as names for tight corners in tunnels. (Note - Operation Metro was orignally a BF3 map and was added to BF4 in slightly edited form in the Second Assault expansion pack).

Last edited:
i would like to find a corner that can be rename by "YellowBird corner".
Something that can be get trough only by powersliding near death!
So, in other words, you're looking for a corner at Cape Ring or Matterhorn... ;)

What about Turn 10 at the Cape Ring, it's the Looong 180° right hander, where plenty of angle can creep in under power, but doesn't hurt your lap time too much?

This one was only because some time had passed, and I had finally uploaded the relevant photos... I try to be sparing with my double posts and only use them to continue the thread.

15 minutes? Didn't ask for justification - just asking to not do it.

@MatskiMonk I've already proposed another name to Turn 10 but why not name turn 1 on Matterhorn Dristelsen "YellowBird Corner " ?

Ah yes, 'Daytona', sorry I only looked in the OP and thought no-one had suggested a name yet.

I'm not that familiar with Matterhorn yet... most corners are still referred to as "Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhh" in my head :lol:

Ah yes, 'Daytona', sorry I only looked in the OP and thought no-one had suggested a name yet.

I'm not that familiar with Matterhorn yet... most corners are still referred to as "Aaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhhh" in my head :lol:

No problem - just check this corner it's also long fast and dangerous in my opinion.

This also means one thing - @ITCC_Andrew please refersh OP

EDIT Circuit : Matterhorn Rotenboden
Direction : Forward
Corner number : 1-2
Corner name proposal : Corkscrew Rouge
Reason : It's a mix of one of the most famous corners in game - going up like Eau Rouge and is tough(er) than Corkscrew.

Last edited:
So what's going to happen to this thread now? I'd hate to see it go away, because it's a really cool idea. If the mods want to transfer OP ownership, I'll volunteer to keep it running.

EDIT:
ApricotHill.png

How's that look? Image snatched from the GTPedia Track Directory 👍 I can do all the tracks except for the new-to-GT6 ones exactly like this.

Last edited:
Track: Special Stage Route 5
Turn: 1
Name: Turn Right for Paradise

I couldn't really come up with anything incredibly creative for this little kink and given the way it unsettles the car for Drifter's Paradise, it seems suitable to connect it in some way to the name of Drifter's Paradise. Also, satellite navigation.

So what's going to happen to this thread now? I'd hate to see it go away, because it's a really cool idea. If the mods want to transfer OP ownership, I'll volunteer to keep it running.

EDIT:
View attachment 215529

How's that look? Image snatched from the GTPedia Track Directory 👍 I can do all the tracks except for the new-to-GT6 ones exactly like this.

If you want ,do it -I think it's a good idea.

Bump!

Turn: 10
Proposal: Double
Reason:
The tightness and angle of this hairpin emphasise the fact that you are switching roads and coming back on yourself in the pursuit of first place. At the pace of a competitive session, you find yourself treading on your own feet trying to rotate the car and keep the other drivers back at the same time.

Track: Cape Ring North
Final turn before reaching the start/finish line.
Name: Drift Shot Corner
Reason: I have taken countless photos of cars drifting around this corner.
Example (I am by no means an expert photographer in photo mode or real life):

Cape Ring - North_1.jpg

Bump!

Turn: 10
Proposal: Double
Reason:
The tightness and angle of this hairpin emphasise the fact that you are switching roads and coming back on yourself in the pursuit of first place. At the pace of a competitive session, you find yourself treading on your own feet trying to rotate the car and keep the other drivers back at the same time.
Track: Cape Ring North
Final turn before reaching the start/finish line.
Name: Drift Shot Corner
Reason: I have taken countless photos of cars drifting around this corner.
Example (I am by no means an expert photographer in photo mode or real life):

View attachment 356525
Sadly the OP is banned from this site so he couldn't update the post.

I know it isn't being updated anymore, but I'll drop this here anyway...

Layout (please specify if reverse): Full
Corner Number: 10...?
Corner Name Proposal: 5-11
Reason/story: Since I've found that it connected Route 5 to Route 11 in GT1 and GT3, I've been calling it 5-11.

I know it isn't being updated anymore, but I'll drop this here anyway...

Layout (please specify if reverse): Full
Corner Number: 10...?
Corner Name Proposal: 5-11
Reason/story: Since I've found that it connected Route 5 to Route 11 in GT1 and GT3, I've been calling it 5-11.
I'll update the OP on Saturday.

Circuit:Deep Forest
Layout (please specify if reverse): its the normal one
Turn/strait number(s): Turn 13 (or the second to last corner, i think its turn 13)
Name proposal: Furai corner
Reason/story: Furai will beat almost any car around in 600PP by the kind of ridiculous margins that we normally shrug off as AI stupidity.

Circuit: Cape Ring
Layout (please specify if reverse): Full / South / Outside
Corner Number: 6-7 ( Full and South ) / 8-9 ( Outside )
Corner Name Proposal: The Skyline
Reason/story : Due to ( IMO ) impressive skyline on the right ( left at outside layout ) of these corners

Back