Corvette C7 Test Prototype ’13 DLC Out Now!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Marky264
  • 1,605 comments
  • 130,878 views
Update Notice (2.10):
- Adjusted Performance Point calculations to correct an issue where the speed of cars in races with PP restrictions would be unfairly set.
- Adjusted the engine sound of the Honda weider HSV-010
- Improved the force feedback control of the Thrustmaster TS500RS Steering wheel controller. This improvement will allow more accurate countersteering on dirt and while drifting.

From the In-game News
 
I give them one or 2 more updates before E3, then GT5's getting dumped for the PS4/GT6.

I bet you that'll happen.

I don't think so after the new NSX trailer looks like there is a bit more just to come still.
 
Think about this, this car was just unvieled and here's a key portion from Chevy's site:

"Pre-Production model"


So by "Final Prototype", we basically don't have the car thats actually being produced, only the Pre-Production cars. This possibly explains why customization is very limited.

This. But why only this colour? They have showed us more colours? Why not now?
 
Because you've driven the real thing and know for certain that 5th and 6th are shorter compared to what's in the game?
 
And the naysayers and spoiled brats cry yet again..

Well, I have to say I'm really disappointed as well, I expected an upgradable and customizable production car like everyone else, I didn't expect a pre-production prototype which can't for a reason I can't think of to be honest (in a videogame I mean).
 
Says £0.79 in EU PS store but when you click on it is free.
 
And after finding it in the PSN store, this portion in the description further backs up what I'm saying:

"However, this is still not the production spec model, being the final prototype before it goes into production"

So no, its not a glitch or PD being lazy, its a Pre-Production Model. This isn't the first time PD has included cars both in pre-production form thats severly limited in customization and the actual production cars which can be customized.


Seriously people, Relax.
 
Because you've driven the real thing and know for certain that 5th and 6th are shorter compared to what's in the game?

Pretty sure that's not what he was saying.
 
Well, I have to say I'm really disappointed as well, I expected an upgradable and customizable production car like everyone else, I didn't expect a pre-production prototype which can't for a reason I can't think of to be honest.

You didn't watch the video for it? The one that was titled 2014 Chevrolet Corvette C7 Final Prototype?
 
7th should be just a cruising gear, while 1st-6th should be sports ratios for acceleration. Like the 991 911.

The Honda Weider sounds weird now.
 
Think about this, this car was just unvieled and here's a key portion from Chevy's site:

"Pre-Production model"

So by "Final Prototype", we basically don't have the car thats actually being produced, only the Pre-Production cars. This possibly explains why customization is very limited.

Exactly! People in the media have been calling this the new 2013 Corvette. It's incredibly easy to overlook that it's a prototype. Hopefully we'll soon see a race version or some Z version that has performance additions.
 
You didn't watch the video for it? The one that was titled 2014 Chevrolet Corvette C7 Final Prototype?

Yes ofcourse I noticed that but I just wrongly assumed it to be some poorly translated or incorrect nomenclature which wouldn't be a first.

Maybe the production car will be made available soon though as paid DLC (along with the Viper...;)).
 
You didn't watch the video for it? The one that was titled 2014 Chevrolet Corvette C7 Final Prototype?

Judging from the responses, I think many didn't even bother reading that part.
 
Ridox2JZGTE
The gearing is tall, 7th at 100mph at just over 2200rpm.

I wasn't able to get out of 4th on the Nurburgring Nordschleife's straight hahaha...

On my G27 it feels tight in the steering. Front end feels like it looks.


ChevyFan1912
The Honda Weider sounds weird now.

O_O sweet baby Jesus. It really does. Sounds so good.
 
7th should be just a cruising gear, while 1st-6th should be sports ratios for acceleration. Like the 991 911.

You haven't driven the real car, nor do you know the official gearing numbers. So saying things like this makes no sense.
 
All other "concept" or prototype cars in GT5 can be tuned, but this one cannot? Is this because IRL this car is a pre-production model still in final stages of development and is not yet available to the public, or to any tuners for their development of performance parts? My money says the production C7 model will be in GT6... because this one was free! laughs out loud :sly:

The C7 is absolutely gorgeous. I love this car already, and can't wait to see some of the awesome photomode results that people will come up with... eye candy for sure :drool:
 
Because you've driven the real thing and know for certain that 5th and 6th are shorter compared to what's in the game?

Über overdrive is probably how they are getting the best mileage in the history of Corvette. Except for a trailer queen...
 
1500kg? Thats heavy!
 
I can see a good "Grey vs Red" C7 series or a couple races out of this. :)
 
No paint or tune's availible on this model maybe why the pp was altered ?

Car comes in two colours
Via dealership Torch red & Cyber Grey Metalic
 
And after finding it in the PSN store, this portion in the description further backs up what I'm saying:

"However, this is still not the production spec model, being the final prototype before it goes into production"

So no, its not a glitch or PD being lazy, its a Pre-Production Model. This isn't the first time PD has included cars both in pre-production form thats severly limited in customization and the actual production cars which can be customized.


Seriously people, Relax.

Thank you @RACECAR, and that is very understandable too. Why not just READ the description on PSN first people who're saying they're disappointed... :rolleyes:
 
ChevyFan1912
The Honda Weider sounds weird now.

Thank you for finding this.... It really sounds to good now hahaha.
 
Back