Corvette C7 ZR-1 Revealed

United States
South Florida
Organ-Donor
Leaked ZR1:
yayzprclm1ze7hik16fj.jpg

Leaked info:
https://jalopnik.com/the-750-horsepower-chevrolet-corvette-zr1-this-is-it-1820256232

750hp, 680 lbs torque (I was expecting more torque).
Same engine as Z06, larger intercoolers and better cooling.
Disappointed that it will be 140 lbs heavier than the Z06 :crazy:, and no suspension upgrades. I like the looks though, the front bumper looks a bit off, I'll have to see it from other angles. I assume the rear end will be the same as the Z06, I'd have really loved to see an aggressive rear diffuser to compliment the wing. As of now from the rear it looks like a regular Z06 with a wing. Even the Z06 rear, though wider, looks just like a regular base model Stingray from behind. Not crazy about the new wheels, I loved the '15 Z06 wheel style.

Also please no vert option. This already comes with a removable top from what I've read.

Edit UPDATE
: with the official reveal the power figures are 755 horsepower, 715 lbs of torque. Also not as much added weight as the leaked info suggested.

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/chev...019-chevrolet-corvette-zr1-first-look-review/

http://www.roadandtrack.com/new-car...rolet-corvette-zr1-release-date-specs-photos/

https://www.autoblog.com/2017/11/12/2019-chevy-corvette-zr1-reveal/

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/2...r1-full-info-on-the-bonkers-755-hp-vette-news

p-1-2019-Chevrolet-Corvette-ZR1.jpg

dsc-6134-1.jpg

dsc-6138-1.jpg

dsc-6199-1.jpg

dsc-6191-1.jpg

IMG_20171113_220349.jpg

2019-corvettee-zr1-reveal-14-640x426-c.jpg

2019-chevrolet-corvette-zr1-gray-front.

Last edited:
Watch this just be an updated Z06 with better cooling hence the upgraded front bumper with more cooling vents and more aggressive levels of aero options.....

So, kinda called it?

My issue with the rear is the lack of a designed rear diffuser to compliment that large spoiler. Maybe if they added some really aggressive aero fins on the sides of the exhaust, it would help. Otherwise, it is just a wing placed back there that wasn't designed to flow with the C7's original look. I completely get in aerodynamic terms, it works.
2.jpg

Some angles & brighter colors, it looks better.
AR-171119921.jpg

The Low Wing looks better, but hard to tell without a complete view of the car. If this package doesn't have the full, aggressive kit of the High Wing package, it could look just as out of place as well.
2019-corvette-zr1-reveal-9-640x427-c.jpg

That is one ugly-ass rear. :lol:

Like, I get that the aero has been carefully engineered for this car for maximum performance, but the rear wing and lack of diffuser gives me serious boy-racer vibes.

As almost every bleeding edge sport/hyper sport cars, it looks a lot/too much... the real problem is to know how it behaves, remembering the brutal Z06 torque release; I still think that the "point" was taken with the Grand Sport: sporty look, fast as needed, well balanced; of course this new ZR1 has it's reason to be, but at the end is quite pointless.

lol Chevy still chasing the viper acr i see :lol: well they may just catch the snake now that's its gone :rolleyes:

They were never chasing it though, nor do they seem to care. As big of a fan as I am of Viper, Dodge in general seem to do their own thing that has no implication on sales or longevity of a brand at times. GM and more in part Chevy do, anyone that watches the brand could tell you as @ND4SPD showed in his prediction, that Chevy give you a fast operating machine with great capability (Z06) and then give you a more extreme variant of the original car, the ZR1. They did it with the C6 as we all know too. Chevy sees an opportunity to be a major sales presences in a market and do it at a level others cant. However it seems lately Chevy has gotten out of the habit of making essentially two different cars, as in same model two different engines and characteristics, and just upgrading the already fast car.

For example, this could have all been guessed upon by looking at the Camaro. You can get a ZL1 which is already fast and quick around a track or you can get the package upgrade and have a 1LE ZL1. Chevy just did the same thing here but with the Corvette, and a power increase we all were sure could be made from the LT4.

Last edited:
They were never chasing it though, nor do they seem to care. As big of a fan as I am of Viper, Dodge in general seem to do their own thing that has no implication on sales or longevity of a brand at times. GM and more in part Chevy do, anyone that watches the brand could tell you as @ND4SPD showed in his prediction, that Chevy give you a fast operating machine with great capability (Z06) and then give you a more extreme variant of the original car, the ZR1. They did it with the C6 as we all know too. Chevy sees an opportunity to be a major sales presences in a market and do it at a level others cant. However it seems lately Chevy has gotten out of the habit of making essentially two different cars, as in same model two different engines and characteristics, and just upgrading the already fast car.

For example, this could have all been guessed upon by looking at the Camaro. You can get a ZL1 which is already fast and quick around a track or you can get the package upgrade and have a 1LE ZL1. Chevy just did the same thing here but with the Corvette, and a power increase we all were sure could be made from the LT4.

Nailed it. The Corvette survives because it's underpinned by a base model which moves about 25,000-30,000 units a year. 31,947 is the total number of Vipers made since 1992. The Corvette has large volume, mass produced at a maximum of 135 a day as opposed to the maximum out of Conner Avenue (Viper) of 12 a day. The Viper is dead because it ran out of reasons to live. Low sales and it would have needed a complete redesign to fit air bags in the A-pillars. It's hard to justify having a 1 engine, for 1 car, that's hand painted, hand assembled in the FCA line up. Dodge did a survey of Viper owners and prospective owners that owned Corvettes, Porsches, Ferraris, Lamborghinis and other exotics. Everything that the prospective owners wanted, existing Viper owners didn't.

People buying the base model Corvette enable others to have Z06 / ZR1. Chevrolet do an excellent job of massaging an existing platform to do even greater things with more power and better aero. This ZR1 should be exceptionally capable especially since they've addressed the heat issues that Z06 owners had at the track. The Corvette in my opinion is a better "car" than the Viper. Cylinder deactivation, heated/cooled seats, softer ride. It has compromised to give most people a better experience. The Viper is one-dimensionally a track car which you can drive on the street. Where the Corvette is a street car you can take to the track. Based on the announcement and unveil comments from GM themselves, this ZR1 sounds like it's intended to be a GT car, "safely enjoy 750hp" as opposed to a weekend racer.

Loved the styling of the Stingray and ZO6. The front of this looks like a 599 Fiorano with an aftermarket body kit. Wonder now if we will ever see the mid-engine Zora model. Regardless, I want to see a race between this, the 720S, AMG GT R, 991 GT2RS and the Peformante.

Loved the styling of the Stingray and ZO6. The front of this looks like a 599 Fiorano with an aftermarket body kit. Wonder now if we will ever see the mid-engine Zora model. Regardless, I want to see a race between this, the 720S, AMG GT R, 991 GT2RS and the Peformante.

What does the mid engine model have to do with this, we've seen mid engine test cars of the Corvette from GM. What more do you need to know they're working on it. Look how long we were getting images and videos of this car and how long it was speculated from the production life of the C7 as to when would the ZR1 show up. It's been that long, so a car that is said to be in the works for the next generation may take just as long.

I feel like my plans of selling my C6 and getting a C7 Z06 flew out the window with this car.....

It's trying to hard and doesn't understand madness like TVR and that spoiler looks silly on a road car the previous model was better.

It's trying to hard and doesn't understand madness like TVR and that spoiler looks silly on a road car the previous model was better.

I think it looks just right for what it's going for. Considering this generation's (C7) Z06 was equivalent to last generation's (C6) ZR1, I think this is a pretty logical next step as far as hardcore models go.

From the three quarter angle, to me the front bumper looks similar to the one on the FXXK Evo. Almost like it's puffing its cheeks out.

SNBODJBwQM-fvel728LAcg

No, no, no .... no. This is not a car for me. I don't like how it looks. The interior on the other hand, I like a lot. 👍

Last edited:
What does the mid engine model have to do with this, we've seen mid engine test cars of the Corvette from GM. What more do you need to know they're working on it. Look how long we were getting images and videos of this car and how long it was speculated from the production life of the C7 as to when would the ZR1 show up. It's been that long, so a car that is said to be in the works for the next generation may take just as long.

Beyond mock cgi renders nothing definate about a mid engine Corvette has been revealed. The Daytona racer doesn't count. First the zora was supposed to be the C7 ZR1, as a front engine layout wasn't viable for the power. Now rumours claim the C8 series will be the platform for it. If you have 100% certain info as you claim, then please produce it, otherwise your guess is as good as mine.

Little baby revs. Wish they would of really got into it, and let it idle a bit instead of shutting it off right away. Also, it's rumored to be able to shoot flames.

This is how it's done lol

Last edited:
Everybody complaining about the rear like it's supposed to be a whole new car.... It's a trim level of a car guys. How drastic did GM change the rear of the C6 ZR1 from the Z06 again? Basically they changed what needed to be done to be functional.

Everybody complaining about the rear like it's supposed to be a whole new car.... It's a trim level of a car guys. How drastic did GM change the rear of the C6 ZR1 from the Z06 again? Basically they changed what needed to be done to be functional.
I wouldn't rely on that comparison. The entire exterior of the C6 ZR1 was a subtle change all around; it looked like a Z06 with a bigger carbon lip, rocker panels, and a full ducktail spoiler.

This is a car that adopted a huge amount of front aero pieces in the front, that included developing an entirely new bumper with enlarged air ducts extending from the body work, & then placed a large spoiler on the rear. No one is questioning the functionality of it, more so the lack of a complimenting design in the rear body work. It simply looks out of place just as it would on any C7 Corvette.

Back