Corvette C7 ZR-1 Revealed

:lol: I disagree. I love the Viper ACR and glad Corvette took that route finally, except for them adding a convertible option. Looks like a road going C7.R.
Not sold on the rear still, but it definitely looks better in your pictures than the press shots. I may be warming up to it.

The one year I don't go to Daytona and they have something awesome. Of course :grumpy: .

Orders opened for us in January. We're not expecting delivery of our first one until March though mileage may vary.
We're one of the, if not the biggest GM dealer in the country so it does make sense to get it in a little early. Probably the only one here though.

Not sold on the rear still, but it definitely looks better in your pictures than the press shots. I may be warming up to it.
The wing definitely takes time to get used to, I'm still on the fence about it but the fact that I love the C7.R helps a bit. The Z06 looks "cleaner" but what other option is there to provide the increased downforce without adding drag and sacrificing speed - the Z06 stage 3 spoiler acted like a parachute (below). And adding active aero would have driven costs up and added even more weight.
19659d1420750975-2015-z06-3lz-z07-package-image.jpg

80-oct16rear1_112aea2c73881f46dd9bc2ff5df306c8e0a75014.jpg

Last edited:
A buddy of mine got his last week, dark gray coupe with black wheels and the big wing. Looks sinister and sounds evil. Car hauls ass, you can really feel the difference between the Z06 and ZR1, it pulls hard. I didn't have my phone at the time so I'll have pics at some point.

Last edited:
Saw someone already trying to flip one. Less than a couple weeks old, MSRP around $131,000 and he wanted $170,000 for anyone who didn't want to wait. Guy had a ZL1 1LE in his garage as well which made me sad.

Saw someone already trying to flip one. Less than a couple weeks old, MSRP around $131,000 and he wanted $170,000 for anyone who didn't want to wait. Guy had a ZL1 1LE in his garage as well which made me sad.

Someone around here is trying to flip one as well. Car isn’t even here yet but will be on May 1st apparently. He’s already asking 250k for it....

Someone around here is trying to flip one as well. Car isn’t even here yet but will be on May 1st apparently. He’s already asking 250k for it....
I didn't know weed was legal in Canada. :crazy:

Edit* Couple more. Not as crazy as the man in your neck of the woods, but still high.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Corvette-Z...ash=item3f998e82b7:g:TkgAAOSwnbla0iSY&vxp=mtr
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Corvette-Z...ash=item1a4b95ad3d:g:sx0AAOSwXjBa0U3W&vxp=mtr

First one is more reasonable for a flipper's market; $135,000 MSRP, only looking at a $15,000 increase over if you really, really want one. It's spec'd in a more desirable finish as well.

Second is MSRP around $150,000. $25,000 profit is a bit crazy, but I don't think you'll see many fully-spec'd out convertibles. Awkward looking with the high spoiler, imo.

Last edited:
I didn't know weed was legal in Canada. :crazy:

Technically, it will be soon for all of Canada....

Honestly I get it. If you have the money and absolutely must have one now then why not right?

Technically, it will be soon for all of Canada....

Honestly I get it. If you have the money and absolutely must have one now then why not right?
I think when it's something a bit minimal like paying an extra $15,000 for a $135,000 car, sure. It's a hot car and that kind of money isn't too much to someone who can afford the car; they'll either pay it, or roll it into their payments.

Asking an additional $100,000 though, is insane. I think top dollar, the car will only max out around $150,000 MSRP for the coupe and that's literally throwing as many options & accessories. I priced one out to $144,000 (black/black w/red stitching) with just about everything from 3ZR, GT seats, Jake flashed on the hood, etc. There is the Sebring package, but that has its own specs you can't play around with, interior & exterior. Still, accepting to pay 65-70% of the car's value on top of MSRP does nothing but hurt the rest of the consumer base b/c it encourages others to price gouge. Thankfully, the ZR1 isn't a limited production car, so these folks won't be around too long once every one gets their own.

but what other option is there to provide the increased downforce without adding drag and sacrificing speed
Underbody.

But underbody aerodynamics have to be integrated into the initial design and engineering of the car. The Corvette simply wasn't designed for it. We ran into this problem on the FSAE car, and ultimately to add effective underbody to the chassis itself instead of just the sidepods they have to engineer and entirely new chassis.

Back