Corvette C7 ZR-1 Revealed

Everybody complaining about the rear like it's supposed to be a whole new car.... It's a trim level of a car guys. How drastic did GM change the rear of the C6 ZR1 from the Z06 again? Basically they changed what needed to be done to be functional.
I see what you're saying but it looks like the design stopped midway and a wing was just slapped on it. The front has changed dramatically and is aggressive, but then the rear is just left untouched, and like I said previously it looks no different then even the base model Stingray apart from being wider. I think with the track focused purpose and styling a rear diffuser would make it look much better to compliment the wing while adding some performance benefit as well. It wouldn't take much.

Last edited:
I wouldn't rely on that comparison. The entire exterior of the C6 ZR1 was a subtle change all around; it looked like a Z06 with a bigger carbon lip, rocker panels, and a full ducktail spoiler.

This is a car that adopted a huge amount of front aero pieces in the front, that included developing an entirely new bumper with enlarged air ducts extending from the body work, & then placed a large spoiler on the rear. No one is questioning the functionality of it, more so the lack of a complimenting design in the rear body work. It simply looks out of place just as it would on any C7 Corvette.

I'm not disagreeing with you. I think the rear seems lacking but like you said, with the C6 ZR1 they added an aggressive front lip, wider front fenders, rocker panels and a more aggressive spoiler. Isn't this basically what they did with this C7 ZR1? An aggressive front splitter and aggressive cooling vents for obvious reasons, (I don't believe the C6 ZR1 had issues with overheating so a more aggressive splitter was only needed) wider front fenders, rocker panels and a rear spoiler? Similar to what they did with the old ZR1 but taken up a notch?

I'm not disagreeing with you. I think the rear seems lacking but like you said, with the C6 ZR1 they added an aggressive front lip, wider front fenders, rocker panels and a more aggressive spoiler. Isn't this basically what they did with this C7 ZR1? An aggressive front splitter and aggressive cooling vents for obvious reasons, (I don't believe the C6 ZR1 had issues with overheating so a more aggressive splitter was only needed) wider front fenders, rocker panels and a rear spoiler? Similar to what they did with the old ZR1 but taken up a notch?
In terms of additional parts by name, yes; both cars did get a new splitter, spoiler, and rocker panels on paper. In the reality of how the parts differ, up a notch is putting it nicely. Where as the C6 received a subtle chin and spoiler that kept the car nearly identical to the Z06, this ZR1 has a drastically different take that gives the car a solid identity away from the Z06; that may have even been a goal.

One could easily spend a couple thousand to make their C6Z look like a ZR1 and most wouldn't notice a difference. C7Z owners will have to go to greater lengths to mimic the ZR1 this time around.

Beyond mock cgi renders nothing definate about a mid engine Corvette has been revealed. The Daytona racer doesn't count. First the zora was supposed to be the C7 ZR1, as a front engine layout wasn't viable for the power. Now rumours claim the C8 series will be the platform for it. If you have 100% certain info as you claim, then please produce it, otherwise your guess is as good as mine.

Once again, there are test photos, and insider talk of a mid engine vette. There is an entire thread on it, which said test/spy photos of it, with the back rear covered greatly, and the green house further forward than any Vette that was ever front engine.
Here are earlier spy shots for athe C7 ZR1 next to the rumoured, eqully disguised, mid- engine C8:
https://www.autoblog.com/2017/05/05...-zora-clues-solved-speculation/#slide-4420524

A mid-engine V8 high peformance car for possibly 100k or less? Who could say no to that?!:)

How late to the party are you? Those have been posted for some time, in both the C7 thread and the C8 thread.

Beyond mock cgi renders nothing definate about a mid engine Corvette has been revealed. The Daytona racer doesn't count. First the zora was supposed to be the C7 ZR1, as a front engine layout wasn't viable for the power. Now rumours claim the C8 series will be the platform for it. If you have 100% certain info as you claim, then please produce it, otherwise your guess is as good as mine.
They've had mid engine spyshots and test mules out for a while now, I'd say that's pretty solid proof.
Here are earlier spy shots for athe C7 ZR1 next to the rumoured, eqully disguised, mid- engine C8:
https://www.autoblog.com/2017/05/05...-zora-clues-solved-speculation/#slide-4420524

A mid-engine V8 high peformance car for possibly 100k or less? Who could say no to that?!:)
There is a specific C8 mid engine thread here 👍: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-mr-according-to-an-impeccable-source.346141/
I assume you haven't seen it because your previous quote I responded to indicate you had no current knowledge of the mid engine C8 because you stated "Beyond mock cgi renders nothing definate about a mid engine Corvette has been revealed".

Last edited:
Once again, there are test photos, and insider talk of a mid engine vette. There is an entire thread on it, which said test/spy photos of it, with the back rear covered greatly, and the green house further forward than any Vette that was ever front engine.

How late to the party are you? Those have been posted for some time, in both the C7 thread and the C8 thread.

They've had mid engine spyshots and test mules out for a while now, I'd say that's pretty solid proof.

There is a specific C8 mid engine thread here 👍: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-mr-according-to-an-impeccable-source.346141/
I assume you haven't seen it because your previous quote I responded to indicate you had no current knowledge of the mid engine C8 because you claimed "Beyond mock cgi renders nothing definate about a mid engine Corvette has been revealed".

Yes.And by my last post I had no problem in practically admitting I didn't know to much. Sorry I am not to your levels on your native cars Next time shall I will make sure to run my messages by you guys before I post? You all knowing oracles. :bowdown:

Last edited:
Yes.And by my last post I had no problem in practically admitting I didn't know to much. Sorry I am not toyour levels on your native cars Next time shall I will make sure to run my messages by you guys before I post? You all knowing oracles. :bowdown:

Probably best.

Yes.And by my last post I had no problem in practically admitting I didn't know to much. Sorry. Next time shall I will make sure to run my messages by you guys before I post? You all knowing oracles. :bowdown:
There's no need to be snide I was just informing you there were test mules out, and also linked you to the thread for info and discussion about the C8 as well.
And I didn't even see that LMSCorvette responded to you until after I posted.

Last edited:
20171118_201938_4f39eb5d527b69f9d431822b89c9d326481e8a12.png

20171118_201901_eba07d4f7eb16a4bc7bfe8b3627b19158869b9d8.png

A few ZR1's in the wild. Yellow has the smaller wing, and the driver really needs parking lessons. Not a big fan of the new wheel style. Dark red ZR1 to the left of the yellow is a convertible....whyyyyyyyy Chevy :yuck::crazy: Halo purpose built track car yet has a convertible option, contridictory much. The coupe already has a removable roof, isn't that sufficient? Dodge really nailed it with the ACR. I get the vert from a sales standpoint but c'mon, it's the purely track focused model and they make a convertible, completely defeats the purpose. I was already disappointed in the weight gain on the coupe. I just thought they would keep the ZR1 as a total designated track car, the Z06 already has a vert option along with every other model. Those 60 year old waxers with convertibles and chrome wheels that only go to car shows and sit in their lawn chairs and have never seen the speedometer go over 60 mph can have any of those other verts that already exist.

Last edited:
the driver really needs parking lessons
With the majority of business with that sort of proximity to gas stations being coffee shops, he was probably paying more attention to the sign in the window for the early bird special and trying to find his AARP card in the center console.

The convertible looks alright with the lower wing. The extreme wing makes it look horrid.
2019-chevrolet-corvette-zr1-convertible-015.jpg

View attachment 692083
View attachment 692084
A few ZR1's in the wild. Yellow has the smaller wing, and the driver really needs parking lessons. Not a big fan of the new wheel style. Dark red ZR1 to the left of the yellow is a convertible....whyyyyyyyy Chevy :yuck::crazy: Halo purpose built track car yet has a convertible option, contridictory much. The coupe already has a removable roof, isn't that sufficient? Dodge really nailed it with the ACR. I get the vert from a sales standpoint but c'mon, it's the purely track focused model and they make a convertible, completely defeats the purpose. I was already disappointed in the weight gain on the coupe. I just thought they would keep the ZR1 as a total designated track car, the Z06 already has a vert option along with every other model. Those 60 year old waxers with convertibles and chrome wheels that only go to car shows and sit in their lawn chairs and have never seen the speedometer go over 60 mph can have any of those other verts that already exist.

I dont agree, the cars that do sell as convertable are probably in the same realm as z06 c7, to be paraded about and collected never used for intended build. Sadly those lawn chair 60 year olds that don't push the limits of their car and take in the glory of just owning it, pay a nice portion of the sales the manufacture sees, so they'll not be forgotten any time soon. I think if you're serious about the car and wanted a full on track machine the like of the ACR, you'd buy the upper level ZTK package ZR1. You want the next level performance a Corvette can offer you buy the Standard Low wing, or Convertible.

The low wing though is crap, looks tacky and almost dare I say, kit car like rather than a manufactured effort with many many hours testing around the globe.
Wow.....C7 even has this really nice parking camera feature that literally at a press of a button on the screen will show you splitter view to stop you from doing that...

That's if you use it. It's like me using my back up camera on my car, sometimes I don't use it cause it's so ingrained in me to just look out the back windshield

Also the chevy website has great detail on the car already, and even a video at the bottom of it with the afterburner
http://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-vehicles/corvette-zr1

Its so useful though, considering how easily cars nowadays can scrap their low front airdams, the Corvette's system is pretty easy to use...

It just looks even weirder as a convertible with that giant spoiler. Again, get that it's completely functional, but from a design stand point, there's a good reason you rarely see manufacturers go that far.

I have pics from LA Autoshow, of both the coupe and convertible if anyone is interested..

I was at the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona last weekend and they had a ZR1 on display next to the C7.R, looks great in person. The only thing it needs is a rear diffuser to complete the car imo, would really complement the rear wing.
20180127_113610.jpg

20180127_113401.jpg

20180127_113342.jpg

20180127_113118.jpg

80-82068384_5817_4cd5_868a_a5c994ab9ba6_5fdf4fa72d1babc3083590f47bac221da5d9752f.jpeg

20180127_113137.jpg

20180127_113143.jpg

20180127_113624.jpg

20180127_113407.jpg

80-f749ad57_66a7_484a_9e0d_aecfde6da896_15ce9b7d9d93412477fa4568cee23fa2cdf4d958.jpeg

Last edited:
Got one in off the car hauler at work. Are these things even available for order yet? Dealers got it displayed on the showroom floor.

I was at the Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona last weekend and they had a ZR1 on display next to the C7.R, looks awesome in person. Only thing it needs is a rear diffuser to complete the car imo.
View attachment 710567
View attachment 710568
View attachment 710569
View attachment 710570
View attachment 710571
View attachment 710572
View attachment 710573
View attachment 710575

The one year I don't go to Daytona and they have something awesome. Of course :grumpy: .

Got one in off the car hauler at work. Are these things even available for order yet? Dealers got it displayed on the showroom floor.

Orders opened for us in January. We're not expecting delivery of our first one until March though mileage may vary.

Latest Posts

Back